It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been visited by a deceased loved one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I awoke approximately about 5 am on December 13, 1969 to someone or something playing with my feet. I sleep with my feet sticking out from the covers. At first I laid there and enjoyed the experience and then it hit me, I have my own room and sleep alone.

I finally looked down at the foot of the bed, there standing was my Grandfather. It was still dark in my room, but the street light outside of my window framed him so I knew instantly his stature. I had no fear at this point.I feel we had telepathic communication because I was unable to see him totally.

I knew he was coming to tell me he was passing, and he wanted me to know he will always love me and wanted to say goodbye to me. I was sad, but somehow I understood this was just a process and someday we will be together again.

At this point, I hear the phone ringing in my Mothers room and I hear my Mother scream. I look at the foot of my bed and he was gone. This is when the sadness came,but I felt grateful and blessed.

As for science, I can't say anything nice,so I say nothing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

My grandmother passed away a couple of years ago. My mother called me when she was doing pretty bad and told me that I should speak to her. She put the phone up to my Nanny's ear and I told her that we all loved her and to have a good trip. I told her not to be afraid, to have a good time and that I would see her again soon.

She had been suffering from Alzheimers and I had not spoken to her since it afflicted her. I wanted to remember her how she was before. My mom said that she smiled and died right then and that she must have been waiting to talk to me.

That night I had a very vivid dream and I was in Hawaii in a crowd of people just milling through them. The crowd parted and on a picnic table was a young girl in her 20's surrounded by people just chatting away laughing and smiling. She looked straight at me and I knew right away it was my Nanny. She gave a knowing, smiling look, winked at me and then I woke up.

The scene was from the early 30's maybe 40's on how they were dressed. I had never seen any pics of my Nanny from that time, but as soon as I saw her I knew it was her.

I saw her in her afterlife.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If we ever lose something, keys etc... we just ask my Granddad to find said item and it will turn up in the most unusual of places. It might be coincidence but a couple of things I notice when I ask...

1) Goose bumps, hairs on my neck stand up etc...
2) Temp drops a little bit
3) Item is in the next place I look, which is ocasionally where I've already looked in depth. example below..

Example,

Lost a set of keys, full of keyrings etc... not hard to miss at all. Emptied off an entire shelving unit, took my games consoles off, Hi-Fi, speakers, DVD's... it was empty except the tv.

Ask my Gramps to find it, next thing I know keys are next to my TV...

Like I said, may be coincidence but I like the thought of him helping out

CX

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The only incident of this possibly happening was when my eldest daughter was about 4years old.

She came downstairs one morning saying that "the nice lady was up on her ceiling again looking down at her and smiling".

When we got her to describe the lady as best she can, everything about her, even down to the dimple in her chin, was the spiting image of my nan who died a few months earlier.

We didn't say much about it to her, didn't want to worry or frighten her, we just that it was a nice thing and the lady was obviously very nice.

CX,

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
By the way, no one has replied to my question about the scientific arguments.

Those arguments are valid. Some people definitely are affected by magnetic fields and EMF spikes, and human perception is always capable of conjuring up an apparition. All these points are valid. That said, these scientific explanations don't cover the entire range of paranormal manifestations that exist and are experienced by people on a regular basis all over the world and within literally every culture.

Yes, each belief system will color the manifestation, but beliefs color all perceptions, so that's no breakthrough revelation. What is being avoided here is the compelling evidence that has been captured on hard media - digital and analog audio, digital and film images, digital and film footage - which has been cleared by experts as being free of manipulations or doctoring, and that have been authenticated by highly credible witness testimony as being accurate representations of what did, in fact, happen. In a court of law, this evidence would be considered legal proof, and yet if presented in connection with this debate, it is subject to heroic levels of logic pretzelization presented as common sense by people who just plain refuse to believe what their moms and dads refused to believe.

As for me, my deceased loved ones have always been either observed by others as being around me, or they've acted upon material objects in my own and others' presence in a way that could not be ignored or dismissed. My mom - six months after her death - literally ran me out of the housing projects unit (it's a really long and tedious story that I've covered before, and even had published years ago) she died in (I'd stayed put there as a "sanctioned" squatter to finish my senior year in high school) by physically harassing me (and a girl friend at times) and culminating in a spectacular display of what seemed like rage, by taking a kitchen chair and throwing it into a sink board full of dirty dishes. As I and a friend watched in amazement. Kind of hard to chalk that one up to hallucination, even though friends and family still try to after 38 years of space between then and now.

I will admit that I have a friend that I hope is still hanging around, even if I have no real way to prove it. I "chat" with her using a few tarot spreads, and I easily could be deluding myself as my cards provide me with very compelling answers that I contribute to her. After all, she and I were "tarot buddies" for most of our lives, and had no such connection with anyone else ever, so why wouldn't I expect her to continue to communicate with me in this manner? Not hard to see the potential for self delusion, and I readily admit that.

That said, there has been way too much overwhelming evidence - in my own life, let alone across the entire history of humankind on this earth - for some junior scientist with a pet theory to debunk the entire premise of life after death and the capacity for a profound emotional/psychological/contextual/historical connection between two people to allow a moment or two of after-death communication that is authentic and deliberate on the part of the deceased person. The immense body of evidence alone is more than too much to be offset by a few quick dismissals by people who are just starting to scratch the surface of what comes together to complete the human mind as a whole. Come back in 500 years with a report on this subject.
edit on 10/11/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sadly my recent Ex`s father has cancer right now and has only one week left (this was 2 day's ago)..

She asked him if he could show a sign when he passes. Would be incredible if something was to happen, but would also scare me a lot.

This thread made me interested, as well...you can imagine with what i mention (knowing someone in my life will no longer be in only a matter of days).

Sadly my Ex is not very observant, so unless he burns the house down, she'll probably miss it.

She does have a spirit in her life though, i can claim it as pretty real with the things that happened when we were together. there was no questions after 7 years together. So it makes me wonder, but i'd rather not.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Well what kind of things?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was talking about death with my mom because I told her I was afraid of losing her and my dad. She basically told me to suck it up cuz it's going to happen one day lol. She lost her mom 23 years ago and her father last year and said it's going to hurt but things get better and you just miss them, you feel stronger.

I asked if she had any experiences other than that NDE. She claims grandma gave her a boy (my brother). My mom and dad kept trying for a son and all they had were daughters 4x. Her mother in law was going to try to force my father to leave my mom if she doesn't give them a son... my mom told her dying mother to give her a son when she gets pregnant. Alas, my brother was born. Of course I don't know if this is spiritually true but its nice to think that way.

She said she also said after her death she would dream of her. But one night she felt a cold "wind" brush up against her (no windows open or anything) and she woke up and looked around and saw her mother give her a heart warming smile as she turned around and disappeared.

She also said after her father died 3 days, she felt a "hug" like a tight hug as she lied in bed one night and she said it was her father.

She said she used to be like me and scared of spirits and all that but after her mother visited her she was no longer scared. She also told her dad before he died to try not to scare her if he was to visit one last time.

Wonder if it's all in my mom's head. I sure hope it's not. I think if I experienced it I would know whether or not it's a hallucination.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Have you ever been visited by a deceased loved one?,

Deceased people I know .. yes. But by someone who I 'loved' in this life? No.
Also had lots of ghost encounters and even talked to a ghost in japan once.
I didn't know it was a ghost until he disappeared right after my friends and I spoke with him.
That happened in a grave yard in Kamakura Japan. Creepy but true story.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
OH BOY DID I !!!

Fathers Day 1992 my Maternal grandfather lost his battle with Cancer. I was called late evening about 11pm from my cousin to tell me to come down and that he had just passed. I lived 60 miles away. So I borrowed my roomates care and drove like a bat out of hell to Torrance, CA. When I arrived the mortuary had already taken him and I didn't get to hold his hand one last time.

So I drove back home, not particularly sad because I had been prepared for this but I was dissapointed because we were very close and I lived with him most of my adolescent life.

The following morning about 10am broad daylight I woke up and sat up to get out of bed to find him standing near my bedroom door. Gaunt, sickly and in his tank top and boxers that he had passed away in. I was so scared I screamed and pulled the blanket over my head and I heard him say, "Remember the Sabbath". I started to cry and when I looked again he was gone...

Remember the Sabbath was something my grandparents were strict about when I lived with them. I wasn't allowed to do work or do my laundry on the Sabbath. He was always reminding me. I asked my cousin what he was wearing when he passed and she confirmed what I had seen.
edit on 11-10-2012 by favouriteslave because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder why it's always so brief and not longer... Hmm.. I sure do hope they are in a better place.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
I wonder why it's always so brief and not longer... Hmm.. I sure do hope they are in a better place.

I suspect that it has something to do with us still having things to do here, and if we had too clear of a picture of what awaits, it would be too distractive. Love is eternal, it survives whatever death is, so our loved ones are still concerned about us, help us as they are able, but in the end, we have to trust that whatever limits are put on that are their for our benefits.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I also think a lot of it has to do with simply them getting a message to you, and once that message is past, they are able to wander off and do some exploring for themselves, or at least I would...lol

What my friend told me was that she was in a period of reflection, before she was to move onto "someplace better".
It also explained to me about some "ghosts" and why they stay in the places they do. She chose her house that she used to live in, as she put it, it had the best memories.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In August 2003, my husband bought me a pair of earrings I had been wanting. I never removed them. In November, 2003, my husband was killed in an accident. About a month later, I was getting dressed and had snagged one of the earrings, it fell directly in front of me onto the carpet. I was unable to find it. I would get on my hands and knees and search, refused to vacuum until I could find it and every time I was in the bedroom, I was constantly glancing and searching. This continued for the next three months. As I stood in the shower one morning, a dream came to me... In the dream, I was passing my husband in the hallway, and he took his hand and brushed back my hair and stated, "You've lost one of your earrings." I explained to him what had happened. He then turned, walked into the bedroom and without looking, bent over and picked up the earring and handed it to me. As soon as I finished my shower, I went into the bedroom, looked down where he had picked it up from, and there it was, exactly where I knew it had fallen.

On another occasion; My present husband ask me to marry him on Christmas Eve, 2005. We planned our wedding for May, 2007. I had a dream a few months before the wedding, in which my late husband and present husband were at a family gathering. I was feeling like I was stuck in an awkward situation, but then my late husband ask me to sit next to him, and I did. He said he wanted to tell me not to acknowledge his being there and my place was next to the man I was going to marry. He went on to tell me he was glad I had found someone who loves me, and he knew I was happy and would be taken care of.

My late husband had also spoken about our son with my present husband, asking him to assist in giving guidance to him. This past Fathers Day, my son thanked my husband for his guidance and for helping make him who he is today.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Tennessee Tornado because: clarification

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tennessee Tornado

That is nice to know. If I were to get a sign that'd be the best because I think anything else would be scaring me easily but if it were a "dream" or "vision" it'd have to have some sort of proof like you did to yourself. I'm sure you still love your first husband right? It used to kill me thinking what I'd do in that situation but I came to realize that if there is after life, love is all that matters and happiness, there will be no jealousy, hurt, pain, and sex won't be necessary haha.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Things going missing, lights and televisions being turned on during the night, or turned off. Alarm clocks being turned on when swtiched off (very annoying when your partner gets at at 5am - having it turned off and than getting blasted by it not expecting it), stuff being moved (like a dog bowl being placed on the bed upstairs). Random annoying stuff.

When it happenes it's always over a period of a week than nothing for a year, and than it happens again.

I'd go into detail, but it's not really on topic.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yes, I was visited by my second husband who was killed in a car wreck.... visited in a HUGE way.

His spirit possessed me the day after his death. I felt him inside me. He was confused, and didn't understand what had happened to him.
I was seeing this world through spiritual eyes, and I had no sense of time (there is no time on the other side).

Trying to maintain a life in this reality with no sense of time was extremely difficult.
I had to check my watch every few minutes to make sure I was on schedule for the simplest things, like getting dressed, when to cook supper, etc.

I watched people and wondered why they were rushing about trying to get here and there in such a hurry. Things just didn't make any sense to me (seeing it through his eyes).
I ended up quitting my job as a bookkeeper that first week because I realized all I was doing was transferring numbers from one page to another, and this didn't have any value for me spiritually. I always liked my job before this happened. But now I needed to do something that I felt made a real difference in peoples life's.

This was an experience I cannot describe here. You can never understand what it feels like to have no sense of time if you haven't experienced it. There are no words for comparison.

He stayed in my body for several weeks. After accepting he had died, he left my body.

I was having a terrible time accepting his death. One night a couple of months later, I was lying in bed crying my eyes out, and I had the radio on a rock station ( I always played the radio when I went to bed). It was playing an upbeat song, then all of a sudden the most beautiful music I've ever heard came across the radio...heavenly music, and his voice spoke to me through the radio.
He said, "Don't cry. I'm at peace... I'm at peace."
I got a tingling sensation from my head to my toes that felt like a wave flowing through my body, and all the sorrow I was feeling was just washed away in that wave.
Then the "heavenly music" faded out and the upbeat rock song that was playing was back on the radio.
I never cried over him again.

I don't know how science can explain that. I'm sure they could probably say it was "all in my head" and these were just things my brain did to help me cope with my loss.
I say "BS!" I know it was real... it was him.

edit on 10/12/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 10/12/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I definitely think that "Grief hallucinations" are real and probably account for many 'paranormal' experiences.
But there is just so much out there, from these amazing stories above, to hard digital and film evidence to rule all paranormal experiences as grief or other extreme emotions.

I remember 5 years ago my grandma was dying of cancer in the hospital. We went up to visit her and the nurse mentioned my grandmother's husband stopped by that morning. Well, he had died the year before.
The nurse even gave us the correct name and described him perfectly. And we didn't have any male relatives running around. It was a pretty nifty thing to encounter.

My best friend also died that same year, and me and her sister were choosing songs to play at the viewing. We picked your normal sappy songs, but we also added in Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" because that was her name and she HATED that song with a passion because of it.

Well during the viewing the cd player was on a low table quietly playing, and right as "Billie Jean" started to play, and me and Billie's sister (and many members of her family) were holding in laughter. The cd player fell and crashed on the floor. Good times.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The scientific explanation chaps my hide. Could be why I have the experiences with my dead greatgrandmother a few weeks after her death. Everyone in the family could be there but me.

My name is three syllables. Much like my handle here. Shortening that, to be an example, she called me "SeeLot".

I heard it several times in the year after she passed.

Dopamine is a chemical in our bodies that does lots of good stuff for us. It could easily be labeled as the reason for this in times of stress. While it helps the blood pressure & heart rate increase when the bear chases us thru the woods (example, I hope), it also floods the brain with blood when necessary. Partially to keep us in a heightened awareness state (to keep us from tripping over fallen branches in our flight from said bear), partially to help oxygenate muscles more effectively, it is also responsible for us peeing and crapping ourselves when seeing same said bear.

Possible. I could see it. But really, when I feel overwhelmed by lifes little emergencies and I hear "SeeLot" next to me and feel the warm paper thin skin on her hand touching mine. I just don't want to conclude that it's a chemical response inside my body.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Love hearing all your stories everyone, keep it coming

Science says it is just a way of grieving and it is your hallucination. When I had my first heart break with my first relationship/first everything for 5 1/2 years I felt like my world came crashing and I was depressed. I wanted to stay in bed all day but I tried to go to school and work to keep my mind off it. Although it's not a death, I felt like it was one of the most hurtful things I've experienced. I didn't hallucinate or hear things. I wonder if people who have heart break hear/see things because if not then I think that science can't say "it's just in your head".
If I were to see something I think I'd know if it was a dream or hallucination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join