It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will never be prosperity on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Humankind since its beginnings have created all sorts of terror upon itself. From wars to plagues.

This will not change even if we get rid of the corrupt politicians in all countries. It will not change because the problem is division. Not only division of countries, but division of ideologies (from collective ideology to personal ideology).

We have all seen how one man can create so many problems. Well the population is only rising.

Getting rid of all national borders can be done. But getting rid of ideologies without getting rid of humanity alltogether is near to impossible without introducing some form of malevolent technology. Which defeats the purpose of a benevolent world.

No. It's fair to say there will never be global prosperity without malevolent technology.

Because everyone has hunger. The hunger never ends.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
At this point in history, we have too many people and not enough resources’. To say the world will never change is not the way to go. I am not a gloom and doom story person but it has been proven there is an algorithm online and it affects mood and it can make bad things happen. If we continue to post, it is a horrible world and it can never be fixed or it is the end of the world every day it will be… We need to form a collective conscious and a quantum entanglement of people who care and believe we can save the planet and humankind.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

No. It's fair to say there will never be global prosperity without malevolent technology.

Because everyone has hunger. The hunger never ends.

The first step to failure is admitting the possibility of defeat. The human species has shown multiple times that if we want it badly enough, we can do anything. We can control the weather, we can speak to someone on the opposite end of the earth with the touch of a button, we can see into the depths of space, we have bypassed the confines of our atmosphere, we can influence the thoughts and emotions of fellow man, we have even raised the dead!

What makes you think that if the situation becomes bad enough, we won't figure out a way to solve it? We're just waiting until true tragedy strikes the world. A wake up call. We are Homo Sapiens, one the closest things to a god that this planet has. We're not incapable, we're just unwilling! But hopefully, that will change...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There would have to be serious mass conditioning going on for there to be peace. Even this will create division. Division begins the cycle again.

Too many people. The more people the more divisions the harder it becomes to keep them under control.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealstory
At this point in history, we have too many people and not enough resources’. To say the world will never change is not the way to go. I am not a gloom and doom story person but it has been proven there is an algorithm online and it affects mood and it can make bad things happen. If we continue to post, it is a horrible world and it can never be fixed or it is the end of the world every day it will be… We need to form a collective conscious and a quantum entanglement of people who care and believe we can save the planet and humankind.

And those that don't want peace and prosperity. Should they be killed if the time comes and they don't change their ways?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealstory
At this point in history, we have too many people and not enough resources.

Yep, mankind operates under the money system and jobs are a resource.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

There would have to be serious mass conditioning going on for there to be peace. Even this will create division. Division begins the cycle again.

Too many people. The more people the more divisions the harder it becomes to keep them under control.

Not necessarily. All that's required is a tragedy so profound and all-encompassing, people are moved to set aside their differences and recognize the need to unite for the salvation of the world.

I wish it wasn't so, but sometimes, a good sharp shock is needed to draw attention to the problem. Just as you sometimes must slap a dog's muzzle to distract it from its self-absorbed mentality, to create that "WTF??" moment - you see this in neuro-linguistic programming, creating a wtf moment which allows you a window in which to quickly reprogram a certain set of parameters so as to determine a new reaction to stimulus both external and internal - just as such techniques are needed to tame a dog, so such techniques are sometimes necessary to teach human beings. Like grabbing a man by the lapels of his coat and shoving him against a wall. His survival instincts kick in and he's paying attention to everything. That's when he really considers what you're saying to him, because in his mind, his life is threatened.

We could show the world the worst-case results of the divisive programming embedded in our conditioning, show them where that path leads and the hell we might unleash because of our differences - or maybe we can show them the miracles that can result from a dozen different nationalities and backgrounds coming together for the good of humanity.

Almost every night, I attend a cook out where different backgrounds and ethnicities come together to enjoy warm food and camaraderie. In spite o our differences, we see the problems in this country and we help each other to help the community. It's a small scale thing, but our hopes are to see it grow into something bigger.

Is survival still such a priority in a world where cell phones are commonplace and we have the luxury of choosing which kind of bread we want to buy without fear of getting knifed for it? Is compassion so overrated that we must ignore the homeless man sitting on the curb because extending a helping hand is distasteful? Is humility so taboo that we must overlook the poor, the sick, the needy, the helpless, because our own lives are so much more important than taking 5 minutes to talk with a stranger or buy them lunch and remind them they're not alone in the world?

Is this what our pride and vanity has brought us to? If my fellow man is unwilling to lend a hand when I fall and skin my knee, if I must show my money before I am shown kindness, then who can I rely on?

No one. Compassion seems to be a rare commodity these days - an omen of hell on earth.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree that there needs to be an event that threatens all countries but what I fear is that after all that is over people will go back to the old self and start fighting for their own ideologies. Ghettos are rebuild. Divisions remade and misery comes to the planet once again.

new topics

top topics

join