It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Attended Wedding of Thursday’s VP Debate Moderator

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The truth being that Obama and Romney are the same guy and we don't have a dog in the race? That they both agreed on every aspect of these spectacles and worked to keep third party candidates out of the debates?

You should really watch the above documentary (it's only about 30 minutes i think).

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

The truth being that Obama and Romney are the same guy and we don't have a dog in the race? That they both agreed on every aspect of these spectacles and worked to keep third party candidates out of the debates?

You should really watch the above documentary (it's only about 30 minutes i think).

They may be cut from the same cloth, but I'm guessing their picks for Supreme Court Justices will be different.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is mind blowing. I wonder if he has been to any other weddings.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

So what? It will be there for everyone to see. I mean you don't even have a leg to stand on because no one knows yet. The last debate Romney went over his time and didn't follow the rules. I didn't see anyone crying conspiracy. Are you going to come back and say wrong if Ryan talks over his time? What do you mean the tempo? They speakers all get the same time to answer?

In the same paragraph you just said “Romney went over his time” then “the speakers all get the same time.” So…which is it?

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill as they say. You are just crying foul about anything you can and it's getting kind of sad. I mean looking past the fact that it's all a show and Romney shouldn't even be the candidate. And looking over the fact we don't choose the president. Even if we really did and we had real choice this wouldn't matter.

Of course it’s a non-issue to you. You’ve made it clear they are one in the same, so obviously you don’t give a crap. It does matter for those of us who do take this seriously.

By the way, I’m not making a “mountain out of a mole hill” in this thread. My point was if the MSM wasn’t so damned biased I would expect Martha Raddatz to recuse herself from moderating this debate. Do you think that is making a big deal?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Seabag isn't real big on research..

OP this is one in a long line of shoot first ask questions later threads I have seen from you. Non stories spun solely by you. I know you have an agenda, but can you keep your propaganda to even remotely believable? I would like to read something that makes me stop and think before completely dismissing it as lunacy.

So this story is simply a fabrication by me? That’s rich!

I guess the links are all make-believe too? It is what it is, bro. Martha and Obama are longtime friends. I’m sorry this truth hurts your feeling or strikes a nerve with you. Go back to sleep now.....RP lost.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Which is it?
Romney went against the rules and kept talking even though the speaker told him his time was up! It can be both you know. Seriously I don't know why I talk to you. They were given two minutes each. Not much you can do if a speaker won't stop as Romney did in the last debate.

No.. I know they are the same and that's why I am voting third party. It is making a mountain out of a mole hill because the candidates AGREE on everything about the debates. Paul Ryan agreed to debate with this woman as the host.

edit on 10-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe, but he also said he was going to repeal Obamacare and now he is just going to change it around a bit or install his healthcare which is the same as Obamacare.

Also he supported publicly funded abortion, owned stock in a company that used aborted fetuses, and is a gun control advocate (the NRA chose a dem over him when he ran for governer) so I wouldn't imagine he will choose any judges that are too radically different from Obama's.

The fact of the matter is they are too similar to seriously expect any change, but the changes that would happen are for the worst. Romney can basically stream line the things that Obama is trying to enact but has to tiptoe around. War with Iran, it's coming, but if Romney gets in it's coming fast. Giving weapons to Syria? Romney said he wanted to this week.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No the story isn't a fabrication. The implied difficulties resulting are because again for the last time, BOTH CANDIDATES AGREE ON EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DEBATES! PAUL RYAN AGREED TO THE HOST! PAUL RYAN AGREED TO THE RULES! AND PAUL RYAN AGREED TO THE QUESTIONS!

It's a show. Watch the documentary, which I know you haven't watched yet because you are afraid it might be partisan to Dems (it's not I promise), and learn something!
edit on 10-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No the story isn't a fabrication. The implied difficulties resulting are because again for the last time, BOTH CANDIDATES AGREE ON EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DEBATES! PAUL RYAN AGREED TO THE HOST! PAUL RYAN AGREED TO THE RULES! AND PAUL RYAN AGREED TO THE QUESTIONS!

That's swell, and I've seen the video! Some members continue to post it daily as if its a new discovery. Now stop acting as if there's nothing to this story. 

Are you going to tell me that Axlerod and liberals in general would have no concerns about Sean Hannity moderating? Obama wouldn't even agree to a single debate on FOX (the highest rated news channel)!!

I rest my case. Good day, sir.  

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Was watching some of her stuff on youtube might not be a cakewalk for Biden.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I guess you missed the part that Romney agreed to have this particular moderator. So if you're going to be upset, be upset at Romney.

edit on 10-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Since Obama would have to agree to have Sean Hannity host the event then no, I wouldn't focus on the "un-fairness". My focus would be all on why Obama allow such a thing.

edit on 10-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If you weren't there for the wedding don't bother showing for the funeral...

30 days left for these clowns!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Bleh. I've attended plenty of weddings where I barely knew, or was less than a big fan of one of the blissful couple. Politics is one thing, friendship is another. James Carville and Mary Matalin, anyone?

Unless she intends to run up on stage and jam a sock in Biden's mouth right before he says something monumentally stupid (which would require a track star with ESP) I'm not too concerned. Whatever "advantage" Big Joe garners by virtue of the moderator having had the President at her wedding, I'm highly confident he'll overcome it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Obama wasn't just 'some guy' at the wedding. He appointed her husband to head the FCC!

Obama and groom Julius Genachowski, whom Obama would later tap to head the Federal Communications Commission were Harvard Law School classmates at the time and members of the Harvard Law Review.
(from the OP)

I agree with your assessment of Biden though. Unless she does the talking for him or has a mute button for his mic then ol'Joe will find a way to step in it. 

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

He appointed her husband to head the FCC!

And for all we know she and the President hate each other. I know my wife isn't exactly a huge fan of all the groomsmen in our wedding, and they weren't just casual attendees. Point being, unless someone has any evidence to suggest she's ready to tank her career to make Biden look like less of a doofus, I personally believe this to be a non issue.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Martha Raddatz was named Senior Foreign Affairs correspondent for ABC News in November 2008, after serving as White House correspondent during the last term of President George W. Bush's administration. In addition to covering the day-to-day foreign and domesticstories from the White House, Raddatz has traveled from Haiti to Yemen to the Mideast and through south Asia.

In 2012 Raddatz received the First Amendment Award from the Radio Television Digital News Foundation (RTDNF) for excellence in journalism as well as the prestigious Fred Friendly First Amendment Award. She received four Emmy Awards, including an Emmy for being on the team covering the inauguration of Barack Obama. She was also the recipient the 2007 International Urbino Press Award, the 2005 Daniel Pearl Award from the Chicago Journalists Association, and a 1996 Overseas Press Club Award for her live coverage of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. In 2007 the White House Correspondents' Association awarded her the Merriman Smith Memorial Award for excellence in Presidential news coverage under deadline pressure. Her reporting was also recognized with the National Headliner Award for team coverage of the 1988 Presidential campaign.

Source

Worked for Bush... Received both First Amendment Award, Fred Friendly First Amendment Award.

Yup... this one needs an eye kept on. Worked for both parties? Married to a Peabody Award winning NPR reporter., Ex wife of a vice President of the Washington Post... First woman to ever moderate a Presidential level debate.

Now you've got me almost doubting her stellar credentials...

~Heff

edit on 10/10/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

The truth being that Obama and Romney are the same guy ...

I am really getting tired of that mantra. Now, must say, "Prove it."

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Martha Raddatz was named Senior Foreign Affairs correspondent for ABC News in November 2008, after serving as White House correspondent during the last term of President George W. Bush's administration. In addition to covering the day-to-day foreign and domesticstories from the White House, Raddatz has traveled from Haiti to Yemen to the Mideast and through south Asia.

In 2012 Raddatz received the First Amendment Award from the Radio Television Digital News Foundation (RTDNF) for excellence in journalism as well as the prestigious Fred Friendly First Amendment Award. She received four Emmy Awards, including an Emmy for being on the team covering the inauguration of Barack Obama. She was also the recipient the 2007 International Urbino Press Award, the 2005 Daniel Pearl Award from the Chicago Journalists Association, and a 1996 Overseas Press Club Award for her live coverage of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. In 2007 the White House Correspondents' Association awarded her the Merriman Smith Memorial Award for excellence in Presidential news coverage under deadline pressure. Her reporting was also recognized with the National Headliner Award for team coverage of the 1988 Presidential campaign.

Source

Worked for Bush... Received both First Amendment Award, Fred Friendly First Amendment Award.

Yup... this one needs an eye kept on. Worked for both parties? Married to a Peabody Award winning NPR reporter., Ex wife of a vice President of the Washington Post... First woman to ever moderate a Presidential level debate.

Now you've got me almost doubting her stellar credentials...

~Heff

edit on 10/10/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

How did she work for Bush?
She reported on him don't see she worked for him.

Oh maybe since all reporters work for Obama they did that for Bush...got it!
edit on 10-10-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I do stand corrected. She worked as the ABC liaison to the Bush White house. I misspoke ( or mistyped in this case ). Albeit that does not drastically change the context of my post. She has dealings with the Republican administration and the current, Democratic one. Thus making claims of partisan bias less viable.

Thank you for the correction!

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join