It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guy wearing bullet proof vest,and weopons enters LAX from japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i heard about this story earlier,but little was said to shed light on it,except the fact
that he ha a duffle bag full of 'goodies'.
smoke bombs,knives,body bags along with a bunch of other 'odd' carry on things!
he was also wearing knee pads too.
any one got any info on this case???
what was this guy thinking? what was he planning to do?
why didn't japanese airport security 'discover' this guy and his bag 'o' tricks?
too bizarre. way too many questions!
we can weed out a 'terroist' with a bomb in his under wear,
but they can't stop a 'commando' carrying the tools of his trade in carry on luggage!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I found this on a quick Google search:

Feds: Man at LA airport had weapons, smoke grenade

LOS ANGELES, CA -- Why would a man flying from Japan to Boston need to wear a bulletproof vest and travel with a suitcase full of weapons, leg irons, a smoke grenade, a gas mask and a biohazard suit? That's what federal investigators are trying to figure out despite a lack of cooperation from 28-year-old Yongda Huang Harris, who was arrested during a stopover at Los Angeles International Airport, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said Tuesday. Harris, who was taken into custody at the airport Friday wearing the vest and flame-resistant pants, was not cooperating with federal officials attempting to interview him, according to a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an open investigation.

I guess my thought about it is that the TSA groping people getting on flights here in the US is useless, apparently.
edit on 10-10-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

The "lone gunman" has always been more dangerous than any terrorist. Terrorists have support, and planners, and usually some kind of evidence something is coming. Someone alone doesn't give anything away until it's too late. I don't think this guy planned anything, but that's why they can stop anan organized attempt, where someone like this can get through easier.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This scenario really just goes to show that no matter what "we" do to protect ourselves, someone / something is going to get through. It's like a lock on a door, it's really just there to keep the honest people out. I don't like the fact that someone could walk onto a plane with such an arsenal, but if he had been intending to use it in air... he would have. I wonder if this wasn't just a "test" of the security in certain areas? Just a thought...

Kasei

new topics

top topics

join