It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 lies about the Federal Reserve.... Article which immediately gets DEBUNKED!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The Federal Reserve has a lot of haters, and those haters are spreading some rumors.

Yep, that's true. The Federal Reserve is good for the economy. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a hater. Now let this intelligent journalist, Harvard Grad Bonnie Kavoussi (she's a Harvard grad in economy, so she knows better than you) explain to you 11 myths and lies that some kooky "conspiracy theorists" have been spreading about the respectable and fine institution known as the Federal Reserve.

11 Lies About The Federal Reserve

First she begins to school you the ignorant reader that the Fed does not print money.

People commonly say that the Fed itself prints money. It's true that the Fed is in charge of the money supply. But technically, the Treasury Department prints money on the Fed's behalf. Asking the Treasury Department to print cash isn't even necessary for the Fed to buy securities.

And goes on about 10 more "myths and lies"

But

But?

Wait a minute!?!? What's that??? She IMMEDIATELY gets debunked by all of the comments on her article?? It can't be??

A few examples:

This again proves the theory I've held for 4 decades: No critic of the Austrian School or libertarianism has even the slightest familiarity with basic Austrian School or libertarian concepts such as:

1. Economic calculation and miscalculation;

2. The difference between laissez faire and crony capitalism much less the significance of crony capitalism in the creation of the progressive and Keynesian regulatory state;

3. Cantillon Effects;

4. The non-aggression principle;

5. The nature of voluntary exchange and catallactics; and

6. The difference between a free market in money, a "gold standard" and a "gold exchange standard" such as the US was on during the 1920s.

This article is just more proof that the anti-Austrian and anti-libertarian horde is profoundly ignorant, conformist and just plain dumb.

Fact 1: Of course the Fed does not "print" money. They whimsically "keystroke" it which is even more insidious.
Fact 2: Keystroking $1.8 Trillion in digital monopoly money and buying worthless MBS is "spending" as far as any sane person is concerned.
Fact 3: The massive price inflation in commodities, farmland, GM and AIG stock, and US Treasuries is undeniable.
Fact 4: The Fed has devalued the dollar 97% since 1913.
Fact 5: The period in which the U.S. was on anything resembling a "gold standard" was from 1870 to 1913. This was an era of expanding incomes and falling prices. Incomes doubled in the U.S. in the 1880s.
Fact 6: The long term change in M0 tracks very well with the overall price level.
Fact 7: Citing a "Fed economist" to defend the policies of the Fed is is not journalism by any definition.
Fact 8: Paul Ryan does not understand free market economics.
Fact 9: See Fact 5.
Fact 10: The Fed can no better set a near term "target inflation rate" than it could predict the Superbowl. Money printing does not effect consumer prices in any synchronous fashion. Humans are not curves on a graph despite the insistence of Ivy League economists. Their preferences are subjective, not quantitative, and constantly changing.
Fact 11: The Fed increased the Monetary Base from $800b to $2.6 Trillion. Most Fed apologists have no concept of how big our economy would have to be to absorb their balance sheet.

This writer clearly does not have a clear grasp of economics. The sad thing is it's misleading to the public who is trying to learn how the Federal Reserve operates.

And, and she also gets debunked by this article by Tom Woods and Bob Murphy. Who knock her article out in the first round like Mike Tyson.

HuffPo’s 11 Myths About the Fed, Refuted

HuffPo’s Myth #1: “The Fed actually prints money.”

She leads off with this? As if this is some big discovery that will refute the end-the-Fed people? When we talk about Fed money-printing, we are speaking in shorthand. We’re pretty certain someone like Ron Paul knows the Fed doesn’t actually print money. But he, along with pretty much the whole financial world, speaks of the Fed as printing money. You know why? Because it’s a teensy bit more convenient than saying, “We need the Fed to credit some banks’ accounts with increased balances, which it does by means of a computer, though if these balances are lent out and the borrowers prefer to use some of this lent money as cash, the Treasury will go ahead and print the cash.”

Check out the rest of the smack down in the link.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
More stuff I've recently found about the Federal Reserve:

Guest Post: The World's Largest Money-Laundering Machine: The Federal Reserve

The Fed policy's first-order effect is to issue hundreds of billions in "free money" to banks; the second-order effect is to destroy the rule of law in the U.S.

Let's start with a few questions about the proper role of the Central State and Central Bank: why should they bail out private banks? The answer boils down to something like this: "If the private banks absorbed the losses that are rightly theirs in a capitalist system, they would implode. Since the State and Central Bank have enabled these private banks to infiltrate and dominate the nation's financial system, that system is now hostage to these private 'too big to fail' banks."

In other words, "capitalism" in America now means socializing losses and privatizing profits generated by State and Central Bank intervention. Imagine for a moment the "beauty" of this system for owners of private banks: in a truly socialized banking system, the taxpayers would absorb any losses, but the State would also benefit from any future bank-sector profits. In the U.S. system, the losses are socialized but the people draw no benefit; the profits flow to the top 1/10th of 1% private financiers.

This is the perfection of State-financier crony capitalism.

Read more: dinarvets.com.../topic/130690-the-worlds-largest-money-laundering-machine-the-federal-reserve/#ixzz28uCaiRkF

Federal Reserve's Money Printing Failure

Secret Fed bailouts to the tune of 16 Trillion.

www.sanders.senate.gov...

www.dailykos.com...

www.dailypaul.com...

bolingbrook.patch.com...

Fed Members Gave Their Own Banks $4 Trillion In Secret Bailouts

www.democraticunderground.com...

www.sanders.senate.gov...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 10-10-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Fact 1: Of course the Fed does not "print" money. They whimsically "keystroke" it which is even more insidious.
Oh so very true. Ever notice how the debt has skyrocketed since the full implementation of digitized currency? Once this ability was realized it was open season on debt fraud. It may be something to think about for a few moments.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm sure that the 600 or so bankers and bigwigs who were opposed to the Fed and were subsequently murdered by Jaye P. Morgan would disagree with Kavoussi's viewpoint....

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What a joke. Hufpo has finally lost it. How much did they pay you hufpo to post this propaganda nonsense?

wow - just wow... that this dribble was actually posted is beyond belief... thanks for exposing hopo for what it really is...

Bonnie stick to something you have a better grasp of instead of delving into a subject you obviously have no understanding of.

Halloween is coming up, maybe you could cover a pumpkin carving contest or something.

In North Korea the MSM tells the people how f*$king wonderful their govt. is, too.

Are we in North Korea, or is the writer of this article just as smart as a rock?

This article is absolutely hilarious

Absolutely sick.

Disgraceful propaganda

First time in a long time...that I like ALL the comments I'm seeing.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Guess we now know what she'll do for a Klondike bar.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
uhm they basically talking there way out using terms only "insiders" know

ok well if the fed reserve DID NOT charge interest on the money it loans to the government
the government would have to pay less out of what they tax from people
this could go back into the economy

also it says that 1800s were much worse off because of the gold standard...
maybe this was due to the blackmail tactics used by international bankers...
basically instill a central bank or we create a currency shortage and with that a depression
and that is what happened in 1913 they gave in to the blackmailers...

i notice that the charter for the federal reserve is almost up (needs renewing in their eyes)
its a bit funny there is a such a shortage of cash circulating the lower ebbs of society this time round also...
and when the charter is renewed the worlds financial problems fix instantly (they cut interest rates and lend more money and grow all the economys of the world) and we all go back to work... until the next time its about to run out

here is pretty much the best doc on this...
www.youtube.com...
its called money masters
*take note of the threats of one nicholas biddle against the american presidency****
along the lines of... "charter this bank or we will cause a depression"
the bank got chartered...

makes me wonder if governments of the world are trying to escape the system...
and this financial crisis was put in place to show what will happen (on a much larger scale) if their demands are not met
and the banks do not remain...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lie #12: Ron Paul claimed he would audit, then end, the Federal Reserve when Obama couldn't even close Guantanimo.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
i notice that the charter for the federal reserve is almost up (needs renewing in their eyes)
its a bit funny there is a such a shortage of cash circulating the lower ebbs of society this time round also...
and when the charter is renewed the worlds financial problems fix instantly (they cut interest rates and lend more money and grow all the economys of the world) and we all go back to work... until the next time its about to run out

Just to correct you, the 100 year charter is a myth.

Unfortunately, that's a rumor that was spread to get some urgency behind taking down the Fed, but the fact is that the Pepper McFadden Bill in 1927 gave the Federal Reserve "perpetual" succession until they are dissolved by an act of Congress or for breaking the law.

Personally, I think they've broken the law and are worried about having their books inspected by Congress. If they did some really underhanded deeds, even if it couldn't technically pass as "breaking the law", I'm sure Congress would push to change the law, but I'm being idealistic.

Either way, the Fed is here to stay until someone can prove they committed a crime, or until we can put enough people to really represent us in Congress and get them out.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987

Just to correct you, the 100 year charter is a myth.

Unfortunately, that's a rumor that was spread to get some urgency behind taking down the Fed, but the fact is that the Pepper McFadden Bill in 1927 gave the Federal Reserve "perpetual" succession until they are dissolved by an act of Congress or for breaking the law.

Personally, I think they've broken the law and are worried about having their books inspected by Congress. If they did some really underhanded deeds, even if it couldn't technically pass as "breaking the law", I'm sure Congress would push to change the law, but I'm being idealistic.

Either way, the Fed is here to stay until someone can prove they committed a crime, or until we can put enough people to really represent us in Congress and get them out.

~Namaste

I believe the origin of the 100 years was related more to the ability to print-to-devalue the currency over the span of 100 years. Arguably the dollar has devalued to 97+ percent of the original value and when it gets to 99+ precent devalue there is a reset of sorts. The bell tolls either then or when Iran signs on to the IMF and the US is no longer needed to beat up countries to make them join the banking union.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I agree with what you said, but I don't think there is anything "official" on the 100 year contract.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you're inferring that there is an unspoken agreement to devalue our currency over a 100 year period, which I wouldn't doubt considering how far it has fallen, but I have yet to find anything documented around the Fed that includes a 100 year time period.

I wish there was a 100 year charter, because if that were true, I think now would be the time the people would rise to put a stop to it. I'm afraid that the only other way is to get them to forfeit and close up or catch them breaking the law.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The comments to that article are heartwarming! People are waking up.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The Fed will never be abolished. It may change to a different shape of crooked, but it will always be the slithering snake it is. It is the worlds leading creator of value for the masses. As long as that is true, it reigns supreme. And in any nation it doesn't reign supreme, we will go to war to set things straight.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Shame on you people for blaming Bonnie. Bonnie is simply a product of a Harvard education. She's a empty mind regurgitating what got fed into it by the corrupt educational system. She's only an expert because she repeats the company line like a pro. She's as much a victim as anyone. Perhaps this will get her to open her eyes and really examine the facts to prove to herself if she's been fed garbage all these years.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by crankyoldman

I agree with what you said, but I don't think there is anything "official" on the 100 year contract.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you're inferring that there is an unspoken agreement to devalue our currency over a 100 year period, which I wouldn't doubt considering how far it has fallen, but I have yet to find anything documented around the Fed that includes a 100 year time period.

I wish there was a 100 year charter, because if that were true, I think now would be the time the people would rise to put a stop to it. I'm afraid that the only other way is to get them to forfeit and close up or catch them breaking the law.

~Namaste

Maritime law is subject to confusion, obfuscation and interpretation, so there is no way what they do is breaking the law. In fact the famous quote of heir rothchild is: I don't care who makes the laws, as long as I can print the money. The implication is the laws don't apply to those who print the money, which is true. Besides, the majority of humans love things this way, they actually worship the debt note, an IOU that requires them, to a some future point, to actually pay for the things they "bought" with something other then IOU's.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Oh so very true. Ever notice how the debt has skyrocketed since the full implementation of digitized currency? Once this ability was realized it was open season on debt fraud. It may be something to think about for a few moments.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
lol who are you working for? ive notice a growing trend in ATS a lot more propaganda, one thing i truley love about going to ATS is having intellectual, stimulating ,threads , instead people like you ' which im sure are getting paid' throw this public school mind control BS ! STOP trying to lower peoples IQ ! " you've been weighted , you've been measured , and you've been found wanting ! " Silvereye007 I see everything !

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by silvereye007
lol who are you working for? ive notice a growing trend in ATS a lot more propaganda, one thing i truley love about going to ATS is having intellectual, stimulating ,threads , instead people like you ' which im sure are getting paid' throw this public school mind control BS ! STOP trying to lower peoples IQ ! " you've been weighted , you've been measured , and you've been found wanting ! " Silvereye007 I see everything !

What in the name of God are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
look his post count....
obvious he just popped his cherry on the thread

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
She graduated from Harvard?

So did Obama.......

nuff said

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join