It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father pickets school after son disciplined for standing up to bully

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wasnt going to comment on this, but after something that happened over the weekend I will
My 11 and 13 year old nieces go to the same school, and over the weekend, a girl in my 13 year old niece's class killed herself by drinking bleach after being constantly bullied by this other girl.
Cries for help went ignored, teachers ignored the complaints. This little girl was overwhelmed and killed herself. As far as I am concerned, this little dirtbag KILLED this innocent child, maybe not directly,but her actions make her JUST AS GUILTY.
Bullying other children to the point of killing themselves, this has gone WAY TOO FAR. Teachers and other adults in the school system and beyond need to take an AGGRESSIVE STANCE against bullying. Transfer the bully to another school, suspend or expel them. STOP LOOKING THE OTHER WAY!!!
As far as the boy in the OP's article, as far as I am concerned, should have knocked the crap out of his bully, beat him til he couldn't stand up again, and he would have been WELL JUSTIFIED in my book.
I'm sick and tired of people saying the bullied should 'get over it', YOU DON'T GET OVER IT. It can end up making someone lose their mind and do something drastic against their tormentors and others around them.

edit on 10/14/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I do admit that when I was a kid, if I knew I was going to get punished for something, I made sure it was worth it. I agree that if you're going to stand up to a bully, make it well worth the while. Don't stop swinging until you can't possibly swing any more. If you're going to be suspended for standing up to a bully, make it count and don't stop until you absolutely, positively can't go any further.... short of death of course.

Prayers to the family that lost a child due to this

I can only imagine the pain they are feeling

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

That was hilarious

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

I heard that too. That only teaches kids to be compliant and to take the abuse so they would be non-complaining good little worker robots. That doesn't work well for me.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join