It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Signals Readiness to Attack Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday the military alliance is ready to attack Syria following a week of theatrical performances on the Syrian border designed to portray Turkey’s neighbor as an ominous threat.

www.infowars.com...

For those following events in the middle east and appreciate the agenda playing out, then this is moving along like clockwork. Nothing comes as a surpise as events keep pushing towards military intervention.

“Obviously Turkey can rely on NATO solidarity,” said Rasmussen. “We have all necessary plans in place to protect and defend Turkey if necessary.”

Despite evidence that the mortar used in the attack on Turkey was of NATO manufacture and Syria has formally apologized for the attack it did not commit, Turkey has continued to pummel its northern neighbor with artillery barrages over the last week.

It doesn't matter who fired the mortar into Turkey, nor the fact that it was manufactured by NATO, those seeking war are predictably using it as an excuse to justify preparing for war. The Turkish Military is increasing it's presence on the border, they are literally preparing to intervene in Syria.

How much time is left before Turkey goes all out and NATO members jumps on the bandwagon under the doctrine of 'collective security'?

Some videos that discuss the developing situation-

edit on 10-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I'm confused.. Didn't the top quoted text talk about NATO attacking Turkey?

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday the military alliance is ready to attack Turkey...

The rest then talks about attacking Syria.

Obviously Turkey is part of NATO..

So?
edit on 10/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yeah... I had to read that twice as well.

A bit of a typo in the article's opening statement, but boy, what a typo!

Turkey, or rather it's seemingly Schizo leader, seems hell bent on attacking Syria and using the NATO membership to ensure their full backing and assistance. I wonder who is pulling his strings, as it certainly doesn't seem to be very popular with the Turkish people.

It's all so amazingly scripted and predictable though. Hell, The Turkish leader didn't make this much fuss when Israeli commando's stormed that boat to Gaza and executed 9 Turkish nationals.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yeah... I had to read that twice as well.

A bit of a typo in the article's opening statement, but boy, what a typo!

Leads me to mistrust a source who cannot notice such a horrendously bad typo.
Still what they are saying will probably happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday the military alliance is ready to attack Turkey...

So?

Edited, thanks for pointing that out!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Okay, first of all...

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday the military alliance is ready to attack Turkey following a week of theatrical performances on the Syrian border designed to portray Turkey’s neighbor as an ominous threat.

So, Infowars is so reliable they can manage to confuse Syria with Turkey, and state that NATO is about to attack one of its member states?

Infowars fails.

Also, after following the links suggesting that the mortar was a NATO mortar, any sane person can read and find that it actually states that the "design" was a NATO design. Any mortar with a "NATO design" can be copied. I would like to see some evidence of this, rather than speculation from a "reliable source" (which is what RT states).

So, let me just qualify something here... when it suits the story and the beliefs of people here, a "reliable source" is irrelevant, but when it backs up their existing belief (one that still has no evidence) a "reliable source" is suddenly to be trusted without question?

Lets also consider that Infowars barely brushes over the fact that Syria claimed responsibility for the mortar.

Why would Syria claim responsibility if the mortar were created by NATO, and fired by the FSA to encourage Turkish involvement?

Please tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

People are clutching at straws to bolster their beliefs. I have no doubt that numerous states have involvement in the conflict, that's always proven to be true in the end when the dust has settled. But people are really going out on a limb here and believing lots of BS simply because it falls in line with their existing views.

I'm willing to accept that anything is possible. And I wouldn't put it past the FSA to engage in some kind of false flag attacks like this to get support from their neighbors and the global community. But the evidence, or lack of it, and the fact that Syria ADMITTED RESPONSIBILITY, tells me that this is indeed Syria attacking its neighbors.

And based on that NATO has every right to be bombing the ass off of the little lisping despot.

The intention of NATO is to defend the member states from attack. Syria admits that it did attack Turkey, and it has not denied that it is continuing to do so with systematic fire across the border with Turkey. NATO is correct to be preparing to defend its member.

Why is this any different to the USA and its military defending its people? If another nation were firing weapons at you, you would expect your military to go and kick some butt! But because it's big bad NATO, and because people think Assad is a poor, misunderstood little despot, somehow self defense is suddenly wrong?

I hope NATO does get involved, and I hope they manage to wipe out that sick and twisted little creature and prevent his military from continuing the slaughter of their own people.

And before anyone claims it, I don't follow what the MSM tells me. I watch footage from people on the ground, I watched as the Syrian security forces opened fire on peaceful protesters repeatedly (just as they did in Libya and Egypt), I read real journalists and real reporters, I gather news from all over the place and I read between the lines.

All of what I have seen tells me that Assad is a criminal dictator killing his own people to cling to power. And everything I have seen in opposition of that belief is created by people who already have an agenda, and seemingly NO evidence of any alternative narrative.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So?

Well, it is coming from infowars.com.

IMHO ... I trust about 25% - 50% of what they say.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
and American troops are now in Jordan at the Syrian border.

news.yahoo.com...

Jordan and Israel governments have both been dissolved in the last week or so.

all in all, you have a weakened Syrian regime and tired armed forces. and they are surrounded by neighbors who range from indifference to hostility to their point of view. Iran is incapable of a response.

makes you wonder what's going to happen a week from this Friday.

edit on 10-10-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You going to ignore my reply again as you did last time after discrediting my thread?

Clearly, it was a human mistake, it doesn't take away from the message of the thread- that this agenda is playing along like clockwork.

Turkey will intervene in Syria, this is all preparation.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Assad's regime is about to 'Vanish'....possibly from the pages of time...NATO is just in the area to help fill the Vacuum that is forming and to control the possible flood of refugees fleeing across the borders.

no one would waste a bullet on something that is dying anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

You going to ignore my reply again as you did last time after discrediting my thread?

Clearly, it was a human mistake, it doesn't take away from the message of the thread- that this agenda is playing along like clockwork.

When did I "ignore" your reply before? I don't keep track of all the threads I post my opinion in. Just as I don't real all the responses to a thread either. In all honesty, there is far too much nonsense and noise.

As for responding to you, what am I supposed to respond to? You've stated that it's a Human error in the article, I agree that everyone makes mistakes. But people generally see their mistakes and correct them on a quick read through of what they have posted. I do it with threads and blog posts all the time.

The fact that there are mistakes in something they claim to be a news report is laughable and diminishes their credibility.

But, even without that, the piece is biased toward the preexisting belief that there is a NWO, and that the CIA and Lizard people are planning to lock us all in prison camps and diminish the Human population... or something like that

Incidentally, if they want to lower the Human population, why would they need prison camps? So many strange little inconsistencies with the Alex Jones BS these days it's hard to keep up. But as long as it keeps the money flowing in from gullible people who don't understand what the definition of "contradiction" is, right?

The basic fact is that the so-called "NATO mortar" was first reported in an Assad-friendly paper in Turkey, they have an "anonymous" source telling them that. Russia Today then picked up that story (again, because Russia is pro-Assad) and reported it too. Infowars then used that unproven suggestion as though it were fact! Because they know that their loyal sheep won't click through to see that it was all based on an "anonymous" suggestion from a pro-Assad paper. All they need to do to convince their loyal conspiracy theorists is to say that it's true and people automatically think it is.

There is no evidence at all that it was anything like a NATO mortar, none, but you've swallowed that BS along with all the other Infowars readers.

And again, Assad's regime admitted responsibility for the mortar. And, Assad's regime are still firing over the border into Turkey right now.

Explain that please.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So?

Isn't InfoWars that bull# rumour site?

And really? Russia Today? For crying out loud OP.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

So?

Well, it is coming from infowars.com.

IMHO ... I trust about 25% - 50% of what they say.

25-50%?

That's only just more reliable than Fox News! And that's not a proper New channel!

This thread is cracking me up!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

When did I "ignore" your reply before? I don't keep track of all the threads I post my opinion in. Just as I don't real all the responses to a thread either. In all honesty, there is far too much nonsense and noise.

As for responding to you, what am I supposed to respond to? You've stated that it's a Human error in the article, I agree that everyone makes mistakes. But people generally see their mistakes and correct them on a quick read through of what they have posted. I do it with threads and blog posts all the time.

The fact that there are mistakes in something they claim to be a news report is laughable and diminishes their credibility.

But, even without that, the piece is biased toward the preexisting belief that there is a NWO, and that the CIA and Lizard people are planning to lock us all in prison camps and diminish the Human population... or something like that

Incidentally, if they want to lower the Human population, why would they need prison camps? So many strange little inconsistencies with the Alex Jones BS these days it's hard to keep up. But as long as it keeps the money flowing in from gullible people who don't understand what the definition of "contradiction" is, right?

The basic fact is that the so-called "NATO mortar" was first reported in an Assad-friendly paper in Turkey, they have an "anonymous" source telling them that. Russia Today then picked up that story (again, because Russia is pro-Assad) and reported it too. Infowars then used that unproven suggestion as though it were fact! Because they know that their loyal sheep won't click through to see that it was all based on an "anonymous" suggestion from a pro-Assad paper. All they need to do to convince their loyal conspiracy theorists is to say that it's true and people automatically think it is.

There is no evidence at all that it was anything like a NATO mortar, none, but you've swallowed that BS along with all the other Infowars readers.

And again, Assad's regime admitted responsibility for the mortar. And, Assad's regime are still firing over the border into Turkey right now.

Explain that please.

Posters like you are rare!

Keep it up sir/madam!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Syria denies apologizes to turkey:
www.dp-news.com...
www.thehindu.com...
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
______beforeitsnews/politics/2012/10/syria-did-not-apologize-to-turkey_bashar-al-jaafari-2460898.html
www.liveleak.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.godlikeproductions.com...
www.rcgroups.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.jpost.com...
www.infowars.com...
counterpsyops.com...
edit on 10-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Didn't they appear on national TV apolagizing?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

They apologized for the loss of life but did NOT take responsibility for the shelling..big difference
edit on 10-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Explain that please.

OK, well if you will reply to the points and not to discrediting the source-

1- No, as I stated, Syria has not admitted responsibility for the mortar, as I pointed out and showed video evidence for, they did not admit guilt, they apologised but quite clearly stated they are investigating into who fired the mortar.

2- Also, answer why would Syria attack Turkey and risk military intervention? Their army is already being stretched fighting the rebels, could you please address this point and explain the logic behind attacking Turkey at this point?

3- Do you not think these cross border tensions are evidence of an escalating agenda towards military intervention? In the last thread, I linked to the article on the 1957 blue prints for regime change in Syria. Made up by the British and American governments, both the CIA and MI6 were to train rebels and create cross border tensions to make it appear as though Syria was attacking her neighbours. This is desclassifed information, the only reason the plans were not carried out was because Syria's neighbours did not support military action. My argument is that they are using a very similar plan today (funding rebels and creating cross border tensions as a pre text for military intervention) and the plan will work today because Turkey at least, is more than willing to engage Syria if needed, as the Turkish PM has stated to 'prepare for war'.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
posted Jan 1 2012. just like an NFL playbook.

and following that playbook this will transpire.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)
May 25 upload
edit on 11-10-2012 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

LOL

So you come into my threads, discredit them then ignore my questions and point points when I respond to you?

Fair enough, last time you may have missed my three replies to you, but this time you saw that I challenged you and you have ignored my points yet again.

Please refrain from discrediting my threads unless you are prepared to actually discuss my come backs with you.

Cheers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join