It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA shakes down dying woman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This gal is upset because, the TSA thugs checked her for weapons, while they lifted her shirt and felt the tubes going into her in front of everyone. In this article, the TSA is being defensive saying they followed the procedures.

You know. Those procedures of humiliating the American people, and making you know that Liberty and dignity is over with, under a fascist Orwellian state run by globally plundering psychopath criminals.

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 10-10-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. She called ahead and brought documentation proving she had medication and tubes on her. The pat-down was totally unnecessary and a humiliating moment for her.

They are catching TSA employees for stealing items out of suitcases. Their comments: " I don't get paid enough". I say get rid of them and, as some other poster mentioned in another thread, hire the war veterans instead. They would have more experience and would conduct searches tastefully.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

This story surprised me, as my own TSA experience at the airport in the Sea-Tac area was not a problem, as in no pat down at all. However I don't understand why they didn't honor her request for a more private screening. There was no reason for them to humiliate her in such a way other than they were just being lazy and disrespectful. I believe that in her position I would seek the advice of an attorney. I don't know that I would want to sue them for a lot of money, but I think I would want to try to do something to force them to honor requests for private screenings to protect myself and others from such a humiliating situation in the future.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They should have given her a private screening.

Now for the part that pisses people off. When you CHOOSE to fly (flying is a choice not a right), you agree to abide by all measures that the airline of your choice feels are necessary. That means you are agreeing to allow the TSA to pat you down, open your bags etc. As soon as you pay for that ticket you agree to that and other terms put forth by the airline. They give you the option for other methods of screening but they don't have too. Next time you fly, if you do, read the fine print.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm surprised that they haven't pulled out the wrong tube and killed somebody by now.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Now for the part that pisses people off. When you CHOOSE to fly (flying is a choice not a right), you agree to abide by all measures that the airline of your choice feels are necessary. That means you are agreeing to allow the TSA to pat you down, open your bags etc. As soon as you pay for that ticket you agree to that and other terms put forth by the airline. They give you the option for other methods of screening but they don't have too. Next time you fly, if you do, read the fine print.

True. That's why I don't fly much. I find it easier, and cheaper, to drive to my destination. (And it's nice to see the countryside while doing so)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The airlines do not set the security standards so your argument has just fallen flat on its face.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

If you think that the airlines have no say in the matter when it comes to security though think again. The FAA oversees the TSA, and they work hand in hand with the airline council, which is made up of the major carriers at every airport. The FAA is so in bed with the airlines that it's not even funny.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If you think that the airlines have no say in the matter when it comes to security though think again. The FAA oversees the TSA, and they work hand in hand with the airline council, which is made up of the major carriers at every airport. The FAA is so in bed with the airlines that it's not even funny.

The Department of Homeland Security oversees the TSA. Once again, your argument falls flat on its face.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Stop flying.

Why are so many people flying so much anyway?

I thought we were all poor?

Just video chat a business meeting. It's awesome to see a room of people all staring up at your 20' wide head like some science fiction dictator. A hell of a lot cheaper too. And you dont need pants!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And the FAA works with DHS to oversee security. The DHS people that worked at my airport came directly from the FAA and worked out of the FAA office, from the exact same desk they had before the TSA took over.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And the FAA works with DHS to oversee security. The DHS people that worked at my airport came directly from the FAA and worked out of the FAA office, from the exact same desk they had before the TSA took over.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, what exactly do you think the FAA did prior to 9/11?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I know EXACTLY what they did. I helped train many of them on some of the security equipment. And they did the exact same thing after 9/11. You can try to say I'm wrong all you want, but when you buy that ticket for that flight, you agree to any procedure deemed necessary. It's in the fine print of the ticket, along with just about every other conceivable thing they could think of including how much your bag is worth on an international flight, and how much they have to pay you.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I know EXACTLY what they did. I helped train many of them on some of the security equipment. And they did the exact same thing after 9/11. You can try to say I'm wrong all you want, but when you buy that ticket for that flight, you agree to any procedure deemed necessary. It's in the fine print of the ticket, along with just about every other conceivable thing they could think of including how much your bag is worth on an international flight, and how much they have to pay you.

Now you're trying to change your original statement and backing away from the airline-government cabal.

Moreover, I think you are misremembering some things.

Go read AC 107-1. It outlines the FAA security procedures. They only had an administrative role in security, not the actual implementation and execution. So I really doubt the FAA was at your airport doing security sweeps.

To curb that you might say, "Oh, this is old! It was written in 1972!", it was used all the way to 9/11. Here is the Federal Register citing it in July of 2001.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

hell yes!

I say get people who have experience and are already trained in combat and security.

HS drop outs and people with no social skills should not be allowed to conduct vital security.

Not to mention they seem to be unable to deal with a threat should it arise, but they are creating negative public sentiment that will blow back in any administrations face.

Not like they care, but the people who will have to clean up the mess the TSA is making might.

Why half ass train people to fill uniforms, when we have plenty of well trained people looking for employment already.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The FAA oversaw the implementation of all procedures, and oversaw all equipment at the checkpoints. The airlines were responsible for the purchase of said equipment. The FAA was responsible for random testing of the checkpoints, failure of any test resulted in a $10,000 fine to the company. They were ultimately in charge, even though the airlines paid for everything, and choose what equipment was bought, etc. I'm not misremembering anything, I worked closely with both the airlines and the FAA for years.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Clearly the solution to this problem is needles. A well placed needle or two in the bandages and they won't be doing that anymore.

top topics

join