It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney=Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'v been a long lurker & visitor of ATS and witnessed many elections come and go, but never have I seen a bitter dispute between voters than I have with the voters of these two men, Romney & Obama. I read complete and utter crap that makes them out to be complete polar opposites, which couldnt be further from the truth.

Same top campaign donors
Both support CISPA
Both support the Patriot Act
Neither cut the debt
Both enforce healthcare Mandates

Neither of them offer any change what so ever, the just go slightly different directions that in effect have no real change. Its starting to annoy me now, the amount of arguments that I read which stick up for one and oppose the other, its a joke - Its like fighting over the same tasting candy, but a different coulor.

ATS has become a political hot bed or garbage and needs moderating much more. I'm sick to the teeth of new topics popping up about the elections. I think I need to take a break from ATS until these elections/ illusions of choice fly over, and we can get back to the real ATS

edit on 10-10-2012 by n00bUK because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I like this thread. Pretty much says it all.
I lean right and the extra 6 trillion in debt over the last 4 years has me pretty worried but otherwise I agree.
Star and flag.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

To add to your wonderful candy analogy, it's like trying to debate which color Froot Loop tastes the best.. when we know that they all taste the same.

I can't add much more to what you've already said, and to what that graphic so plainly spells out. You're right, it's an "illusion of choice." We have no choice we have Owners (as Carlin once said) There's no need to prop up this two party sham anymore. To use yet another cereal analogy: Both candidates are oligarch tested and oligarch approved. Republicans and Democrats are merely different masks on the same face. The NDAA alone should be enough to make people wake up.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
And by further extension, Obama = Bush. We're screwed in the long run no matter who is in office.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

How is Obama pro gun grab? He hasn't tried to do anything with guns. The NRA corporate gun lobby is far too powerful for any anti-gun legislation to make it through Washington.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

There is no difference….REALLY?

I’ll give you a few differences to ponder.

Healthcare - Obama wants government controlled healthcare while Romney’s fix is to repeal Obamacare and allow innovation at the state level that promotes competition and makes coverage more affordable.

Jobs – Obama has tried to create jobs by federal spending on unemployment benefits while Romney wants to dial back some of the most burdensome regulations and lower the price of doing business so jobs will be created.

Federal Debt – Romney wants to cap spending at 20% of GDP while Obama continues to spend at 23% GDP (that’s a $400 billion difference).

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ya gotta love this! Song about Obama.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

But just like over here in the UK, you have one party that spends all the money and splashes out on anything like money grows on treese. Then we have the other party that stops the spending, cuts back on everything and leaves everybody wore off. The 2 party system is like this : create massive debt with one party, then rail in the debt with the other.

It's complete madness, no real change what so ever.
edit on 10-10-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join