It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe it's for the best that Romney wins...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just to be clear, I'm not voting for either of these clowns. I voted Obama in 08 and have come to regret it ever since. There are some points I'm willing to forgive but once someone signs the NDAA, they just can't be forgiven IMO. I think I want Romney to be president even less, just because he seems so unwilling to go into detail on all these promises he's making. And after that disaster of a debate, in which no one seems to be judging him on the actual substance of his arguments (just how animated and awake he appeared next to Obama) he now appears to be climbing in many key polls. So if Romney were to win, the ONE good thing that would come of it is it'd give someone else a chance to be disappointed. Someone else a chance to regret. Right now there are a lot of people out there thinking that we can actually have a president who would work for us, but that president just isn't Obama. If we could only get this mormon businessman into power, surely he would solve all our problems. Once everyone who voted for Romney gets to see with their own eyes just what a fraud he is, more of the public gets awakened and that is only good for all of us. Just seeing what is currently happening in Europe, i do feel that some form of revolution here is inevitable- the more awakened souls we have when that time comes, the better. I tell everyone who will listen that we are living in a transitional time.. hope we all make it through to the other side.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can't get myself to vote for Romney simply because he could green-light everything coming out of the intellectually dead house of representatives. At least if Obama is still president, he could check the house and the house could be a check upon him. And I don't want 30 more years of the same justices that brought us Citizens United.

My heart wants me to vote for Johnson (closer to my actual beliefs), but my brain wants me to vote for Obama (the only realistic way to prevent a Romney presidency).

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drnen

Personally, I would not be voting.

People can argue that it's irresponsible not to vote, and that without voting I have no right to an opinion. But I call BS. The reason I would choose not to vote is because every elected leader is the same, they have a script that they are obliged to follow. They don't make any of their important decisions based on the will of the people, or the betterment of the nation. They follow orders. All of them are corrupt to the core.

By voting, I am giving that corrupt system my approval, and I refuse to do that.

If the masses refused to vote, it would force the government to change. They would have to ask why the people are no longer interested in anything any of them have to say. It would show the level of distrust people have for politicians, and it would create a large discussion about their relevance and their actions. It is the only way the system will ever change.

However, I can see peoples reasoning for voting for Obama. He has experience in the job, it is a more balanced system of checks and restraint. I still think they are all corrupt to the core, but given the choice between Obama and a religious man who has a record of being an elitist corporate f**** who has been caught stating that 47% of the people are meaningless to him, I would choose Obama.

I don't think it really matters who wins when it comes to the big issues. They will both continue to allow the corporate and military interests to run the country, and the people will still continue to be robbed. But on the little things that they do have power over, I would trust Obama more than Romney.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Personally, I've had it. I just want this relentless tsunami of BS to end. The level of lies and deception being foisted on the American public (by both sides) is unprecedented and disgraceful. The fact that we are so easily duped by shallow smurf-speak and the obvious lack of critical thinking on the part of The People is depressing in the extreme. I'll vote for Gary Johnson. Just because people at the top have absolutely no sense of ethics or self respect doesn't mean I have to follow their sorry examples.

What I am sure of is that a Romney win is a clear and unmistakeable green light to Israel and the military industrial complex as a whole. He's said as much. This whole 'foreign policy' debate is a charade. It's about more militarty spending, more empire building, and more foreign adventurism and meddling. The S will HTF as a result and then it will be 'well we HAD to increase spending cause of the war'. Sorry about the economy but hey, gotta protect democracy, right?

We're screwed. Plain and simple. I'd be a wealthy man if I had an inventory of bridges to sell. The majority of sheeple will buy anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
2012 - 2016 Obama? another 4 more years? or maybe just vote Mitt Romney.. Think about it! what is it that you have to lose?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I'm voting Obama. At least I know what I am getting with Obama.

Romney scares me with his flip flopping on issues and his position on foreign relations, especially China and Iran. Change is brutal and to the extent the damage was already set in, I NEVER expected any significant change within the 1st 4 years Obama was in office. even though he promised change, I knew the reality needed much more time than that to heal the deep wounds we were in.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm leaning towards a vote for Gary Johnson. It's very clear that things are coming to a head. Either we make substantial changes to how we are governed or the republic is in serious peril.. it already is- we just dont want to face up to how screwed we really are.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by drnen

They're both controlled by the same super wealthy families/oligarchy and their big business interests. They're merely window dressing or an emblem on the car. They don't actually make the car run. We have the illusion of choice.

It would be great if we could break down the illusion and somehow get a truly independent candidate in office.
Perhaps if more people rejected the two party sham and voted for a third party candidate i.e. Paul or Johnson, but sadly I don't see that happening. I always hear, "I don't want to vote for (fill in the blank with a candidate other than Romney or Obama) because that will allow so and so to win, blah blah etc."

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with everything you just said. Obama and Romney are two sides to the same coin. This is the problem you end up with when you let your leader be choosen from a small group of people. Statistically you have a terribble sample size to choose an effective leader. But the country will go on and people like my uncle will continue to support their candidate because the MSM and their political party told them to... sad state this country is in really.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm not voting for either of the as well. I agree to a point, people need to have another loser...maybe they'll learn just how little power a President actually has and will stop thinking they are "saviors".

Let's cut to the chase. Back when the economy tanked, the "real" experts said that the economy fell so far it was going to take 10 to 12 years to recover. Now why some brain dead idiots thought one man could fix it in 4 years is beyond me....morons.

I did not vote for Obama or McCain in 08, I voted for Bob Barr, the Libertarian and I will Vote for Gary Johnson this time.

I completely distrust and dislike Romney and I have never been a democrat. Even if I liked Obama, lets face another point of fact...as long as he is n the office, he is going to be facing gridlock and nothing is going to get done. The best scenario is to remove all incumbents (house, senate and pres) and start over...but I'm afraid too many people are too stupid to realize this is how you fix this mess.
edit on 10/10/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by drnen

Personally, I would not be voting.

People can argue that it's irresponsible not to vote, and that without voting I have no right to an opinion. But I call BS....

I am with you, there, Detached'...

By voting, I am giving that corrupt system my approval, and I refuse to do that.

I am, likewise, with you on this point.

If the masses refused to vote, it would force the government to change. They would have to ask why the people are no longer interested in anything any of them have to say...

Here, however, I am of a different tilt.
I don't think they give a sh!t.
It is already evident (to me, at least) that all they care about is the power they hold... And, the power they hold is largely measured by the monies they are tied to ---
I mean - could there be a better job than...getting to write laws to your advantage...ALL THE TIME?
Is there a better job than one where you get to vote yourself a pay-raise...ALL THE TIME?
Of course, I am including the Congress in this discussion...but...if you believe, as I do, that it doesn't matter WHAT the will of the country is..."They" will continue to force Their Will on us, no matter how obnoxiously obvious the fraud or ruse used...then tell us that We Mandated it...! ! ! ! (sorry - just a little disgusted) ...I think they would be just fine if no-one voted (good enough reasoning for another Executive Order - right?)...
I wish I was as optimistic as you about "how they would respond" to an apathetic turn-out...
Star for your optimism!*

I don't think it really matters who wins when it comes to the big issues. They will both continue to allow the corporate and military interests to run the country, and the people will still continue to be robbed. But on the little things that they do have power over, I would trust Obama more than Romney.

I would probably agree with this entire statement.
Both Obama & Romney disgust me (though little more than 99.99% of all the remaining politicians - EXCEPT - their egos prompted them to attempt to do it in "the highest office").

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
2012 - 2016 Obama? another 4 more years? or maybe just vote Mitt Romney.. Think about it! what is it that you have to lose?

Sorry 'Pure...but your postulation didn't leave me with an automatic "I know this answer!".
Personally, I am more disgusted with Romney than Obama (and I would have been counted a Republican/Conservative in most prior election cycles)... I am disgusted with the GOP at least as much as with the blatant disregards for decency that have been presented by the Obama Administration over the last four years.
Nevertheless - just like the OP - I will be voting for NEITHER.
I'm sure that will make someone happy... But - isn't that the beauty of this system? We only care about "our team winning". ... .and not about "the will of the people" (simpler - in a democratic election...only the majority counts - regardless of 'how' that "majority" was achieved).

new topics

top topics

join