It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Harrassment: "Surreptitious recording of a stop-question-and-frisk in New York"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This kind of behavior by police is not exclusive to police. It exists everywhere. There are quotas and objectives put on people of all different kinds of professions.

In many corporations a manager/supervisor is required to have employees under disciplinary actions in order to get a good review that would result in a promotion or a raise. Not having employees under disciplinary action means tehy are not doing their job and they will get fired if they do not meet the objectives.

It exists at all levels. Just think of your place of employment and all the objectives(quotas) they set for you. Some are reasonable others are just not realistic.

I think we need to re evaluate how we do business in our country

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by NavyDoc

No. As you can see, especially in this case, where a cop uses a racial slur on tape...there is no question that it was racist incident.

Dude, Dems call EVERYTHING racism. When that accusation is used so often, it gets lost in the noise when it actually happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Ah, I see what you're saying... How sad that a mere difference, really a technicality, between the reasoning behind the two policies allows for this to happen when both policies have the same end result

Thanks for the clarification. Star for you for that. I hadn't thought of it from the point of WHY they're doing these things...I was just seeing that the end results boil down to the same violations of peoples rights.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think if it was me I would insist that I didn't have anything hidden in my crotch, like really insist nervously. Then when they went in for a pat I would act like I reeeaaallllyy enjoyed it. Might make them a little uncomfortable in the future

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

First off, I'm not a (you people) that you seem to be excluding yourself from. In your post there is
the tacit indication that you are a freeman-on-the-land operating under Maritime Law, or perhaps
you identify with some other group like that. You are correct though about the fiction we have
created. I consider myself an earthling (that is until we find decisive proof of extra-terrestrial life)
and then I will join a much larger group, perhaps we'll call ourselves called Milky Wayians. But right
now we earthlings must deal with this fiction we have created for ourselves, drawn up on racial,
geographical, and religious lines---that is my fiction, It is my reality....and it has rules....

That fiction is the nation state of the US territories. And the over-riding rule of this piece of land
is the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights--a fairly cogent and concise little document when compared
with all the other documents that formed all the other nations and empires and republics in
all of human history.

I can live within its laws and boundaries just fine...but what I can't tolerate is when the government
formed by that document, while holding me to its laws and tenets, breaks them with impunity.

The NDAA, the Patriot Act, inland checkpoints, stop-and-frisk as policy, are unlawful.

And your are correct that the US citizens have become complacent and pampered. And therein
lies the problem. History teaches that governments go thru certain stages; Revolution, then freedom
and prosperity, then apathy borne of luxury, then tyranny...and then revolution all over again.

My point is this...we are at the 'apathy borne of luxury' stage, So LET"S WAKE UP and put a stop
to this emerging tyrannical police state before blood has to be shed by our children to regain
what we thru our apathy have lost for them.

Take some personal responsibility for ourselves and put a gun in your pocket if you don't feel
safe---realize that you may have to use it to protect yourself---realize that life isn't rosy--that freedom
isn't free...that relying on government to protect you from every danger is the surest road
to the loss of freedom that exists.

Freedom begins and ends with each person....if you are a freeman-on-the-land then good for you
and good luck, the laws don't apply to you, you are responsible for yourself.

But I am inextricably tied to this system, and it's broken, and this stop and frisk policy is a fine place
to start on its repair. I can literally do almost nothing about NDAA and wiretaps and unlawful
wars and the usurping of the control of the US money supply to foreign entities, but I can damn
sure pitch a fit in the trenches about the unlawfulness of this affront to the constitution. And so
can everyone else who doesn't identify with the extraordinary amount of sheeple who also
populate this nation.
edit on 11-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

fought WITH an evil power system (SOVIETS) against an evil power system, never forget that eh

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

That's probably true, I would say that pressure even can even cause risky behaviour that endangers civilians (the employees), but it doesn't have near the effect on lives. We are talking bounty hunters with a people qouta. Qoutas that give the impression you have no rights, and are to be stopped, searched, and robbed (fine or freedom) until they get what they need. They are state funded terrorist pirates.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

You would think that, until you realized it didn't look uncomfortable and you just gave a psychopath an excuse to give you a cavity search, and they had every intention of going through and making it very bad for you. Or they think you are getting at something/take your "feined enjoyment" legit and just rape you.

Sorry, to be that guy, I got your joke ; P many a similar joke has been made to those budding socios in the tsa and it didn't turn out funny there either.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Because New York was hit on 9/11, they seem to interpret any threat as terrorism. I wonder if they are an experiment? Use fear as a reason to crack down, implement policies that restrict freedoms, institute a police state and see how people respond. Police departments are being militarized all over the U.S. and the practice of shoot first ask questions later is being seen more and more. I think we will see the stop and frisk in more cities as time goes on. Not enough are seeing this as a blatant infringement on Constitutional rights and fighting back.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Easier to do in a city where it is very difficult if not impossible to own a handgun legally. I wonder how it would go down in a predominantly white area where people aren't used to seeing this side of police.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yeah I live in PA. PA is sooooooooooooo corrupt. I live in Westmoreland County and it is a joke. Local police do whatever they want. Very few of them know the law. And even fewer know the difference between a criminal or civil or summary offense.

They lie and harass. Even the judges here are corrupt and out of control. I was a bouncer for over 12 years. I threw judges out for snorting coke off of urinals and I threw cops out for fighting.

Had to go in front of a judge once for the only thing I ever did wrong. he was one I tossed for doing coke and yes he held it against me.

I am 40 and thinking of becoming a cop but I don't know now.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by votan

That's probably true, I would say that pressure even can even cause risky behaviour that endangers civilians (the employees), but it doesn't have near the effect on lives. We are talking bounty hunters with a people qouta. Qoutas that give the impression you have no rights, and are to be stopped, searched, and robbed (fine or freedom) until they get what they need. They are state funded terrorist pirates.

yes i understand but it is just the mentality of it that has trickled to areas where it does more harm than say getting fired for not nit picking disciplinary actions on employees for no reason just meet objectives.

What i am trying to say is that this is symptom of a bigger problem. If promotions were not based on how much revenue you get by arresting people, fining people or what not these cops would actually be doing their job instead of bounty hunting. They are not serving or protecting they are trying to bring in revenue and get promoted.

This exists on all facets of our life. At work you are required to do things to make more money because if you do not you get fired. Which in turn gets some people fired because they boss needs to hit his numbers and employees do not give you good customer service on the phone because your call center person needs to get so many calls in in a day so they need to resolve an issue over the phone is x amount of time so they try to brush you off to meet their numbers and not necessarily help you

It affects us in all aspects of our life this one is just more serious.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I can't put any credence into this video and I don't see why it would make sense to do so. If this recording is real, then what was the person doing to get stopped? Was he looking into peoples vehicles and trying door handles just to get some cool audio meanwhile a cop approaches a stranger who runs the risk of getting shot just to protect his city?

I know a lot of NYPD cops who are now retired and they tell me that the city is far more dangerous than any other in the US. If you eliminate stop and frisk then go ahead. It would make a cops job that much easier. All he would have to do is just respond to calls of people robbed, homes burglarized, etc. instead of having to try to prevent them.

Ive been in law enforcement for several years now and I can tell you that 80% of our dept are full of cops who dont do stops and 20% who do. The ones who dont are seasoned cops who realized they get paid the same as the ones that do and have less risk of death or injury while not having to worry about the people who cry their rights were violated. The other 20% actually believe they are making a difference. No one thinks it is fun to stop people for no reason. You start doing that and you open yourself up for tons of lawsuits. And I have only heard of a hand full of people even try to sue for that in the entire history of the department.

The fact of the matter is that if you are wrongfully stopped you will have more people helping you prove your case than disprove it. Why? Because there is tons of money paid to the lawyers and people who win those and tons of people who want to see it won and no one wants to be on the defending side and get their hands dirty. If you dont want cops to stop people then you are probably a little slow in the head or a criminal who doesnt want to worry about authority.

This video is hardly credible and is a sad attempt at being so. If it were real he would be rich.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Ah, no. This is a policy. It has been openly discussed by the Mayor and Police Chief. It has been going on for years and now, at 1,800 stop and frisks a day it has exploded. Sure, anyone looks suspicious when they are a latino or black kid.

CJ

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Are you serious? The kid isn't a thug, he had just been stopped once and the second time the cop clearly states why he stopped him "you look suspicious." Did you watch the video? It had police discussing violation of rights and stop and frisk. It has nothing to do with someone comitting a crime , it wouldn't be needed to stop that person, it is solely to give cops the power to stop anyone and search them for no reason. It is illegal, imagine you go down the street and get stopped by cops and they start pulling all your stuff out of your pockets and empy your backpack to try to get you in trouble all while harrassing you

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
imagine you go down the street and get stopped by cops and they start pulling all your stuff out of your pockets and empy your backpack to try to get you in trouble all while harrassing you

He doesn't have to imagine it.

He is a cop. He probably DOES it.

edit on 12-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You don't seem to understand, we don't want you trying to prevent them at the cost of our constitutional rights. It's pretty obvious that it is more than just extra work to these cops, they enjoy the power. Who are you protecting if you are harrassing and endangering the people you are supposed to be protecting? The only time in my day that I ever have someone stop me from going about my day, or hinder my day in any way, it's 99% of the time a cop, and when it's not the existence of cops didn't dissuade it. You could lock us all in a padded room and keep us really safe, doesn't make it good, right, or what we want.

That post shows the indoctrination that goes on with police these days. Also why lower iq's (not saying you necessarily) are chosen when seeking officers, makes it easier to feed them that load of garbage they always spit out when it is shown that they have too much power and are out of line.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Many of you have good points but this is not just about law enforcement but about morality and stems to the highest office in politics! When a people are demoralized as the American people have been these acts will continue to happen and get worse as our children are treated like animals! For any of us that disagree with this
being the central issue, your denial will not change the facts and the facts are there is a lack of respect amungst the population and not just between law officers and minorities! When we are all treated like animals we tend to become one! Just like when the media keeps repeating something even if it's a lie people will tend to accept that lie as truth! Communication, understanding and realization is the beginning to understanding this!
Watch this video about idealogical subversion to understand this aspect.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Welcome to the new NEW YORK. Our country is going to fascism by hook and by crook and when we get there people will finally know what it is to be on the wrong side of the govt. for anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I really hope some of the members who are always seem to not understand why some of us dislike or even hate the Police listen to this recording very carefully. This is an example of why you see some of the comments you read.

What you hear is not new. It happens often in Inner Cities, your color won't matter but what your wearing or driving will. This happens and has been happening in the Black Communities for as long as I can remember.

Things that sound good in theory or look good on paper, are usually not so good in practice. New York's stop and frisk policy and no knock warrants immediately come to my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join