It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Harrassment: "Surreptitious recording of a stop-question-and-frisk in New York"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ah I hate dealing with cops I don't know if I could handle that. It's a sort of terrorism you know? I mean there are bound to be people out there that have been made paranoid by this or avoid going to certain places or going out at all if they are targeted regularly. I considered moving to Pittsburgh.. know if they have it there?

They do it there, don't know if they have it there. They stopped my son & his friend [my son was driving], twice in a short time span. On the second stop the cops beat them up, and said they would kill them given the chance. Things are going from bad to worse.

This video was sad and pathetic.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Um, it's a violation of the 4rth amendment. Why are you defending this? They stop random people then frisk them for no reason. That is the policy. 9/10 of these people are always innocent, according to the NYPD statistics.

You're always shilling for the worst things imaginable, anti-wikileaks, pro-murderous military, and always pro-cop, even if they are doing unconstitutional and other horrible things.You might as well go work for an NWO public relations office. I can only imagine you write all of this stuff from your cul-de-sac privileged and sheltered existence.

I don't know a thing about who this kid is or what his background may be. Stop and Frisk is one thing, but it's that personal touch and attention he gets too. It would appear, very personal and individual. Now the kid sure as heck isn't going to tell anyone if he's sitting as a suspect on..say a sex offense, or a killing. Who knows?

Uh, his experience is normal. Just listen to the videos I posted at the bottom of page 1.

. Individual attention can be just as simple as, he got off or they can't get him on something they figure he absolutely did do and it's got them pissed enough to try and bait him into doing something stupid.

No, cops like to harass minorities, all over the USA. They also work on quotas, so if they can set them off on a frisk and get an arrest, it means career mobility for them. Did you not watch the video? Multiple ex-police officers admitted this.

(One other point which may matter and I'm not seeing anyone mention.... I heard the term Mutt used a lot growing up around cops. It's interchangeable with suspect, perp, con, etc etc etc...just for context and not necessarily any slur beyond that..)

Yeah you heard it from cops because cops growing up because they're a heavily racist group of people and trained to racially profile. Mutt doesn't mean anything other than a racial slur, sorry. But there there are always those people, always republicans, that try to make blatantly racist things, somehow not racist. It's really pathetic.
edit on 11-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Wouldn't matter if he was sitting on such offenses, BUT they state that he looked suspicious because he kept looking back at them, THEN later they realize that he was in some sort of program and, and I am not sure about this, it sounds like they mention something about his father - I could have sworn I heard them mention his fathers career as some sort of law enforcement.

These things should not happen, it doesn't matter who he is, ALSO they say there have been millions of these between 2004 and 2011 and quotas. I don't think it's a case of anything more than bad cops violating rights. I mean going out to "violate some rights" is their open attitude. Also NYPD is just one corruption case after another, they are the last cops on Earth that should have this power.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well the mutt... I mean kid was obviously about to...
Any Leo's out there wanna defend these goons?
Any trolls wanna tell us how post 9 one one the "game" has changed.
Pfffffft.
And everyone else blah blah blah!! Oh I'm so outraged! Yeah right! What are you gonna do?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Too many cops in this world.

I find this comment ironic due to the fact that everyone is claiming NYC police are to harsh, then on the other hand Detroit doesn't have enough and the city is in complete chaos.

So I guess the cusp of the matter is we are damned if the police are present and damned if they are not there.

While I don't agree with police being overly aggressive, I can understand why this happens. I personally think that police officer should be courteous, and they would get much more respect. Criminal element take courteousy as a sign of weakness. Imagine not knowing when someone or group is going to snap on you, do this full time as an officers and you have a defense mode going on 24/7. Why do police officers have such a high rate of divorce?

Police have the most negative job in the world, they deal with dirt-bags everyday and that wears on even the most compassionate and understanding person. Think about it 8 to 12 hours a day, sometimes 6 to 7 days a week would skew anyone's reality, especially in a major city.

Maybe if we gave police officers a 2 to 3 month break like teachers, then they would be able to get back in touch with their more compassionate side.

Police that abuse their powers should be relieved of their position, without a doubt, but the fact remains their job deals with negative confrontation and issues 96% of the time.

Here is a suggestion ask for a ride along with officers in a major city area for a couple of weeks and see exactly what they deal with, on a day to day basis.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
im white and i live in nyc. i have never been stopped and frisked even on occasions when i probably should have been stopped. i have quite a few latino/black friends who say its a regular occurrence for them. pretty obvious that theres some racial profiling going on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

So, since cops have a hard job, that gives them the priviledge to stomp on constitutional rights guaranteed by the US Constitution?

Wish I could violate laws to make my job easier too.

edit on 11-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by Realtruth

So, since cops have a hard job, that gives them the priviledge to stomp on constitutional rights guaranteed by the US Constitution?

Wish I could violate laws to make my job easier too.

edit on 11-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

It's obvious you are twisting and adding words here to create drama. No where in my post did I state that police should be able to violate laws, or "stomp on constitutional rights".

And then you state you wish you could violate laws to make your job easier??

What my main point is that police maybe should have long break, or maybe even have limited terms as police officers, since it seems to change so many officers over time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
It's obvious you are twisting and adding words here to create drama. No where in my post did I state that police should be able to violate laws, or "stomp on constitutional rights".

No, you didn't. But you DID say that they are damned if they are just being present.

Originally posted by Realtruth
So I guess the cusp of the matter is we are damned if the police are present and damned if they are not there.

I took it to mean that you agree with the violation of rights because you said they are damned for just being there (even though there is a huge difference between just being there and stomping on constitutional rights).

So, are they damned for being present or damned for violating rights in this case?

Because I have yet to see someone claim that they are damned for just being present.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I think if an officer of the law abuses their powers they need to be disciplined/ or even dismissed if necessary, especially if they break the law, but we need to understand both sides.

I think our current system is flawed, and officers are at a breaking point with crime. We only need to look at Detroit's current situation to see a complete collapse and lawlessness. Officers in Detroit just don't care anymore because crime has completely over-run the city. They have even issued a statement. "Enter The City at Your Own Risk"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Detroit is ripe for martial law and the State of Michigan coming in to take over. Stop and frisk are going to be the least of our worries here in the Detroit area.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This type of sh*t is an outrage. I know I'm gonna hear a bunch of crap over my next comment but I really don't give a damn.

I enjoy hearing stories where cops get shot andor killed.

My entire life I've lived in fear of police. I lived 95% of my life in NJ, near camden, near philly, been to NY- and I'm not afraid of getting mugged, getting robbed, getting my @ss beat in the wrong nieghborhood, gangs, etc etc...

I'm afraid of the police. They have the power to ruin my life. And they have many times. Bogus tickets, fines, court costs- you name it. The harassment, being pulled over for no reason and asked a million questions- where are you going, where did you come from, what are you doing etc..... Non of your damn business! I'm a 31 year old white male with no felonies and a clean back ground. Man I feel for blacks and hispanics cause they get it far worse. Numerous times I've got stopped for nothing, told I looked suspicious- asked a bunch of personal questions, then given a seatbelt or failure to yield or other bogus ticket and told I'm lucky their being easy on me?? Then I have to get a lawyer, lose a day of work, and fight it in court. Tickets always get dropped but it still costs money. And I just lost my job and my home!

If you stick up and defend the police then you must live in lala land or not mind the ever growing police state.

Half these guys are fricken animals and the rest that are saposidly "good cops" don't do anything and look the other way.

These bastards deserve to die- and I openly admit I hate the police!

Flame on
edit on 11-10-2012 by StupidCableGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StupidCableGuy

That problem is that you cannot enforce immoral laws under the guise of being a moral protector or crusader. I'm with you in the respect that anyone that would shove all these rules down my throat is insulting me as an independently moral man. The police are a bunch of corrupt thugs and the blue wall still exists.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Um, it's a violation of the 4rth amendment. Why are you defending this? They stop random people then frisk them for no reason. That is the policy. 9/10 of these people are always innocent, according to the NYPD statistics.

I have to agree with this point, all that other racist stuff aside.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

I've never liked Terry frisks nor do I like highway checkpoints either. There should be probable cause before a search by an agent of the state.

The "Republicans want this" bit is a tad silly as these things have had support from both Democrats and Republicans for a long time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe I have missed something here.

But it seems to me that when the state of Arizona tried to legislate something along these lines, the federal government jumped all over it, calling it racial profiling and suing the state to keep them from implementing it.

But in New York, this is being done without a peep from the federal government. Why is that? In both instances it appears to me that it really boils down to the same thing: harrassing minorities.

So why hasn't the federal government sued about this going on in NY?

Am I completely confused about what is going on in these two places?

Is it somehow holier to do this in NY than it is in AZ?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
But there there are always those people, always republicans, that try to make blatantly racist things, somehow not racist. It's really pathetic.
edit on 11-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

LOL, by the same token there are always those people, always Democrats, who try to make things that are not racist somehow racist.
See how silly that sounds?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StupidCableGuy

I have no comment on that one aspect of your post lol, though I will say I do love it when they actually get punished beyond paid leave.

I agree, cops have way too much power and they do not serve their purpose anymore. They are out to rack up money for the government. That is it. They make the government money, and the make prisons money. They are psychopathic tax collectors, and if you are alone with one you are very possibly in danger and don't realize it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
This is absolutely outrageous!

I'm mad as hell right now. Stop and frisk?! IN AMERICA........AS ROUTINE POLICY?!

I've never heard of this until now. How could this stand up to constitutional scrutiny!?
When are you people... yes, you heard me right. YOU PEOPLE. When are you people going to take responsibility for yourselves and stop entering into contract with those whose job it is to punish you for entering into contract with them?

You might think I'm joking or trolling, but I assure you, I'm quite sincere. Almost all of you have been fooled into playing the fiction game. It's not like you're shown another alternative as you're growing up in Western Industrial Society, so that can be overlooked. But you twinkies continue to play sides and plead on your paper documents even under extreme abuse! You're amazing!

The Creator is trying to show you something extremely important, helpful, and beneficial. The pain is only what's necessary to gain your attention.

LEAVE THE SYSTEM. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to go out to the middle of the forest to do so.

Free your mind, and your ass (sweet little donkey that he is) will follow.

Amendment IV

Blah blah blah blah. Distraction empty promise blah.

This needs to be challenged NOW! People....ALL PEOPLE....need to get angry and get active.

I...I... can't understand this....Nazi Germany was within the last century. AMERICANS fought and died
to stop evil power systems like this.......and we just take it as a normal day-to-day routine?

I can't believe I've never even heard about this till now....nobody's even speaking out...

Maybe they're so dull they can't even feel the pain anymore. American Idol's been known to have that effect.
edit on 11-10-2012 by seamus because: fix quote bubbles

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

This doesn't step on Federal authority, it just violates people's rights.

But the other laws stepped on federal authority so of course they had to stomp it out quickly.

Feds don't care about people's rights, they just care about their authority.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

No. As you can see, especially in this case, where a cop uses a racial slur on tape...there is no question that it was racist incident.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

How can you "leave the system"? Cops have authority over you regardless if you want to participate in society or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join