It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, My Name is Ned and I’m a Drug Addict

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

What you do with your spare time is the least of my concerns ! The fact is 12 step programs have saved a lot of lives mine included , it may not be for everyone nothing ever is . The OP was relating his experience with alcohol and trying to help others here by sharing the dangers he encountered and you feel it necessary to give us your uneducated opinion and call most of us A- holes ! It's a shame you didn't choke on your vomit in a drunken blackout like a few of my friends did , and become a forgotten statistic !

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Drunks go to Bars, Alcoholics go to meetings. Although having done the rounds of AA meetings for a few years myself, it struck me that they were all just as obsesed with alcohol in "recovery" as they were when they were drinkig. But without the payoff of their high of choice. I decied 20 odd years ago that I'd rather take my chances with my addictions than end up a tired, embittered dry drunk, who gathers together with others of similar constitution regularly to remonisce, and swap tales of drunken days long gone. You can see in their eyes that this is the highlight of their existences, and the yearning for the "good old days" of inebriation is endemic in every AA meeting I ever went to. So I didn't so much as fall off the Wagon, I jumped off, took my chances, and never regretted the decision. Now I drink if I want to, and get high when I want to, and don't give it a second thought. It's great.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join