It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, My Name is Ned and I’m a Drug Addict

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
you know how people look at a drunk,your a joke.

Only the small minded. And we can spell too. It's "you're".

Wait till you get DTs, and the Monsters come.

I've been drinking for 35 years(most of it heavily) and this has never happened to me. You need to educate yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

LOok dud this has been gone thru before about the spelling, it's not a concern as long as the point is gotten across, I don't always spell check and I'm not a english major that participated in some spelling bee at which everyone spelled a word wrong except one person.

But it you want to get into such a thing you better watch your spelling , grammar, punctuation, and everything else, because your a drunk and that's your excuse and that's the best you can do.

Go have you triglycerides checked see what great shape your in, your probably over weight and ready for a heart attack, oh but you can spell big deal. Can you spell every word? No, so shut the # up, I'm trying to help some people here,

Keep drinking your poison, your killing brain cells everyday and oned ay you'll be a drulling moron that can even spell wipe my butt, nurse, please wipe mybutt.

You think your smart, but it's easy to think, be a man get you head out of the bottle it's stuck in.

edit on 13-10-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Ned -- the world is saturated with alcohol. When I wanted to quit, I had to get support. I started going to AA meetings. That has made the huge difference in my ability to say no to drinking. I was not a really heavy drinker, but when I did over drink, I hated the effects. I discovered I really was allergic to the stuff. I haven't had a drink in more than ten months and feel great -- it's hard to realize how great your life will be if you don't try, and it's hard to quit because you can't see how great life could be without it.

Key thing for me was getting help. I don't know how many times I tried to quit but I couldn't last, as I wasn't in that warm circle of support that AA provides. I'm lucky to be in a city where there are a ton of good meetings. I don't like every one . . . you got to try a lot to find ones you like.

Another great resource is a good book called "Seven Weeks to Sobriety." This author has spent years studying the physicality of alcohol addiction and even breaks down the types of biochemistry alcoholics are subject to. And, she gives a protocol for treating your addiction with vitamins and nutrients. One of the key nutrients for the kind of person I am -- withdrawn, shy, avoidant -- is niacin. Vitamin B3 in other words. Even Bill WIlson, the founder of AA, said he wanted to be remembered for his contribution to the research into B3 depletion in alcoholics, even more so than the founding of AA.

Alcohol addiction really is a problem of biochemistry, plain and simple. The book mentioned above proves it. So, going to meetings alone isn't enough. It would be like trying to treat any other physical illness by sending someone to a meeting. The meetings are great for support, but getting your body the key nutrients it needs is critical for success. You can also read the book, Alcoholics Anonymous, online for free to see if it resonates with you.

Staying sober for me has boiled down to not taking the first drink. And I do it one day at a time. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

LOok dud this has been gone thru before about the spelling, it's not a concern as long as the point is gotten across, I don't always spell check and I'm not a english major that participated in some spelling bee at which everyone spelled a word wrong except one person.

But it you want to get into such a thing you better watch your spelling , grammar, punctuation, and everything else, because your a drunk and that's your excuse and that's the best you can do.

No problem there. I AM an English major.

Go have you triglycerides checked see what great shape your in, your probably over weight and ready for a heart attack, oh but you can spell big deal. Can you spell every word? No, so shut the # up, I'm trying to help some people here,

Every 6 months. No prob. there and I'm in great shape... for 50.
How are you trying to help? By being condescending and talking about something you know nothing about?

Keep drinking your poison, your killing brain cells everyday and oned ay you'll be a drulling moron that can even spell wipe my butt, nurse, please wipe mybutt.

The sad thing is that I will still be more coherent than this post I'm responding to.

You think your smart, but it's easy to think, be a man get you head out of the bottle it's stuck in.

I said to my sister once when she beaked off like this, "Sis, I can always get sober but I fear you'll always be stupid."
edit on 13-10-2012 by intrepid because: Syntax.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Must run in the family.
That's typical Drunken drible, always an excuse.

You must not be telling the truth about the amount you drink, other wise your liver would be full of sludge and you pancreas on the verge of going diabetic. Get Heart burn much, hows your blood pressure, what do you take for it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Must run in the family.

Actually it does. It says as much in the book I referenced on the last page.

That's typical Drunken drible, always an excuse.

No excuses made here but I DID offer something constructive to this thread. Wanna try it?

You must not be telling the truth about the amount you drink, other wise your liver would be full of sludge and you pancreas on the verge of going diabetic. Get Heart burn much, hows your blood pressure, what do you take for it.

Not going, I am diabetic. Guess what? That's genetic. Get it from my father even though I'm only about 10 pounds over weight. My blood pressure? The same, genetics. Mom's side, I take Mycardis. I'm still missing your point.... and where you are offering ANYTHING constructive here.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Must run in the family.

Not going, I am diabetic. Guess what? That's genetic. Get it from my father even though I'm only about 10 pounds over weight. My blood pressure? The same, genetics. Mom's side, I take Mycardis. I'm still missing your point.... and where you are offering ANYTHING constructive here.

Well their you go, That throws you intellgence out the window, diadetic and drinking.

The way I was helping is by saying Stop Drinking, that simple and also offfering the advice of Milk Thisle and Beet juice as they both protect your liver against the damage from the booze, and Librum is a very effective way for those with weak will power to stop drinking. Also the fact is that the booze is posion has very few usful application such as pain killer, kills parasites, mouthwash, antiseptic.

But that genetic thing is cop out, my dad was diabetic, had high blood pressure. My Doctor said I have blood pressure of 20 year old and I'm way older than you.I don't work out but can still do 40 or 50 push ups.

You you don't drink that much if you've never had the DTs, next phase is the seizures Don't go there, but you still are not a pro I'll bet some of the real pros on this thread could tell you about those. The monsters are great, they come up and look right in your face and everyone is different,, a common but funny one is the rooster or turkey smoking a cigar.

All can say is if your so smart why do you call your sef a drunk.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

All can say is if your so smart why do you call your sef a drunk.

Because I'm honest. Wanna try it?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you are inferring I am not honest, all I can say is That I don;t lie, cheat, steal, and more less try to observe the 10 comandments, you are wasting you time in such dicussion, any further.

A futher problem with that is I am a Mason, for you to understand what I'm refering to you would also need to be the same

The thing I speak of are beyond comprehession , unless you understand what I speak of.

I am that which is beside the Son,

Though I may errror the Truth, presevies me.

Moderation perhaps would be, better.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
buzzkill
i mean if you were so concerned about alcohol you should av stopped drinking as soon as you knew it started to cause problems to you.. plus you knew the risks when you had your first sip.....and you should blame your lack of control if you abuse on alcohol....because i know people in my family who enjoy a pint or two and lived life to the fullest (my gramps is 75)

PS: not encouraging the use of alcohol..

god i feel bitc*y today...maybe its that drink i had

edit on 13-10-2012 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If/when you are ready to make a change in your life I can't recommend this book any higher. A lot of it will make you slap your head going, "I KNEW that but why didn't it occur to me?"

Thanks Intrepid

Will check it out.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

Thanks for your comments.

It's funny how much support I have got in this thread. I certainly wasn't looking for it when I created it. Just using ATS to vent a little and speak my truth. First step to recovery I guess !

* Ned

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Just to clarify...

edit on Sat Oct 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
heya Ned, u r not alone, i struggle with it the same. i have for probably the same years as u. its a tough fight. going to make some drastic life changes this go around myself. (gotta get out of the routine & get away from the same old triggers for a drink). good luck 2 u & G*d bless! wish i was in los angeles again cuz they got sum kik ass AA meetings (kept me sober for 2 years while i was there)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dhdevine

Thanks,

Best wishes to you too.

Never thought I would end up an AA member but that is a distinct possibility at this juncture.

Ned

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

A great test to the limits and parameters we have here on ATS. While I can understand why many flood gates are not open here. There are plenty of places to go online to talk about things that SWIM would do and have done for many years.
I wish you the best, and hope you find the peace of mind you are looking for.
Yet over all, I feel this tests the very parameters of ATS tolerance of what stays, and what goes.
Kudos to you for not only speaking your mind, but testing ATS parameters here.

A personal note. AA is a cult in my eyes, and I have done everything in my power to steer clear of AA. But that is personal, and I do not wish to offend you if that is what works for you.
edit on 14-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

Self discipline, and moderation. IN the past, I have never sat down and drank a 12 pack of mountain dew in under 4 hours. I try to treat beer the same as I do soda. When I look at it that way, it helps me put things into perspective. Yet that is a personal discipline I have honed over my years.
I took classes that taught discipline, and respect of ones self. Mixed martial arts, and meditation.
Its under rated on just how much a little discipline can really do for us, even at our worse moments in life.
edit on 14-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Thanks for your comments. Discipline is the key of course. Without it, you're just a messy random accident waiting to happen. I have been to group meetings before but they weren't AA. Just have to find the right fit I guess.

I know what you're saying about the T&C thing, but I wasn't consciously trying to push the boundaries here, although I'm a bit peeved they pulled my Bill Hicks vid. With the title, I just wanted to highlight the fact that alcohol is a drug, plain and simple. Let's not mince words on the subject !

Peace to You

* Ned

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hey Ned. I've been drinking for a week now. I'll stop for a week from this day on just to let everyone know what happened.

I find it peculiar that I just started to drink 2 bottles of light beer a day. So I'll stop just to see the symptoms. If anything, I feel drunk when drinking too much, esp. with brandy; heavy head after the hangover if any; still sluggish even without hangover so it makes working or functioning difficult.

I also found out that I smoke almost solely when I drink. So there.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

And Ned,

Funny you should mention that bloodline thing. I do see the connection mate.

Ever wonder why some dudes just can't tolerate the taste or even just the smell of the substance? And look at those wimps. I mean, literally. I leave you to deduce why their blood lines ended up as so.

Ans then we have the hardcore drinkers, These guys were built tough and CAN drink a lot. It takes enormous amounts of alcohol to put them down. Heavy built guys take a lot of beating from all sorts of illnesses and injuries and still roll on. OR, they get sick very less often and avoid injuries because of thick skin and tough bones. They CAN opt to not drink a drop forever and some do. For some reason, I don't get drunk enough to pass out, or be unable to drive. Often, passengers would say I drive better when drunk than sober. Not a habit, just an observation. I feel like we can drink a lot and yet never get addicted and feel slowed down by this habit (?).

But then there are people whom I've been with (studied them up close), who can't metabolize the ethanol properly. It goes straight to the brain so to speak. They just go plain crazy. I've seen my girl look like she's been possessed by a demon and this demon keeps coming back everythime a certain amount of ethanol builds up in her system. I'm talking about wild fights with anyone. These folks totally change when alcohol seeps in.

I think both the strong and weak drinker can get addicted if they're trying to escape reality. If dealing with the world is just plain boring, why not take a dip into the wild side eh? Problem is that the longer you stay soaked in alcohol, the worse the REAL world gets - now isn't that just like a drug.

So I thought the real world needs me, we;ve got children to raise and people to support and legacies to uphold. I'm not gonna soak for long. Hence a week of pure sobriety and more than that if need be. I don't drink to forget the world though. I drink to celebrate LIFE. That's why I never drink when I feel down.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by headb

I saw a girl behave like this after two beers; she had neglected to inform us that she was on pharmaceuticals, even her boyfriend didn't believe she was on them or that she smoked cigarettes - just shows how ignorant boyfriends really are sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join