It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer to life!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The answer to life!

Lets face it no one person alone can work out the answer to life. To do it would take a intelligent computer the size of this planet. A planet sized computer connected with a neural net of cells collectively transmitting and sending information in unison sychronised to solve the greatest question ever asked. What is the answer to life?

Hold on lets pause for a moment and consider the current situation. A planet size computer. A neural net of thinking cells. Remind you of something. Yes we the are the super computer. The human race are the intelligent neutral net.

I postulate that our purpose is to fulfill the function of the Earths program to answer the greatest question ever. We are a neural net so the answer needs to be worked out collectively. Just like ants and bees function as a collective brain thinking entity.

And with one cell transmitting information to the next, and then the next..... and so on and so on and so on, we can togther collectively solve a solution the answer to life. Eveyone, please contribute one or two sentences so it flows and expands out into a storyline that leads us ultimately to an answer. I'll start

>>>

In the beginning there was a void. No light shone in or out. There was no awareness. Silence did not even exist.

>>>>... now over to you next poster for your contribution to the answer.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
42 anyone?

I like the sentiment and have a belief that we must redress the story but I do not see that being achieved at this moment through this medium.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Your title;

The answer to life!

Your first line;

Lets face it no one person alone can work out the answer to life.

My reaction to your title;
"oooh, oooh"

My reaction to your first line;
"lmfao"

I'm such an idiot in thinking you had the answer to life.
They always take me to the cleaners.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The answer to life and its meaning is simple and can be said in one word: LOVE.

The will of God for all life is to give and receive only. Taking is expressing a will outside of God's will for mankind. Love requires giving and receiving only. It really is that simple and requires no computer to make the calculation.

If you take something, it causes a debt (-1). If you give, you add (+1). If you receive, someone adds to you (+1). The only way to created negative (Debt) is to take. If no one takes, there is no debt created. I like to use two examples with this. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is because a debt is created. If you workout in the gym, health is created. In one case, you suffer the result. In the other, you suffer for the result. In either case, suffering happens.

In the end, taking any reward causes suffering. Suffering first causes a reward. To give something, you need to first earn it. Suffering is required to give it away and to earn what was given.

God's will for all life is to give and receive. Taking makes us a thief. The two thieves on the cross represent all of humanity. One repented of being a thief and the other hung on the cross in pride. Which one received the reward? The one that received the gift from Christ in the middle (Neutral). Christ was there earning the reward he gave away. Grace is free, but undeserved.

If you compare this to physics, hydrogen reveals this in parable. Hydrogen starts as one proton and one electron in a balanced stated of positive and negative. Once hydrogen bonds begin, we see a neutron added. The neutron is neutral and holds the proton in the center. The electron flies about around the two. All elements are set into reality with these three. The negative is governed by the other two. The neutral is a picture of God. The proton is a picture of the Son of God. We are the electron. Unity comes when the two become one and balance returns. Multiplicity exists when there is no unity.

edit on 10-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Listen, the answer to life? One word...... Jesus

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Surely for there to be an answer to life, you must first assume that life is a question? In my honest opinion, life is impossible to define. The irony is by stating that "life is impossible to define", I have, in effect, attempted to define life.... without success.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There is a answer to life, Depending on what element of point of view answer you are seeking as there is more then 1 answer to the question.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I think you're probably right about it being love, but I think it should be subdivided into love of something. Either love of companionship or love of entertainment.

Have you thought about what the love pertains to?

God so loved love that he created us to love... him?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

If you look at ants, we show similar patterns indeed. But what do the ants do in hindsight? They work. They follow each other around and keep on working until they die.

Any similarities between the humans? Why would the humans be able to collectively come up with a solution if all that humanity does is work and be one of the masses, following each other arounf until they die.

Im sticking with 42, that way i can go to work again D:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
In order for an answer to life to be needed. We must first understand the problem.
Water + Oxygen x Light ÷ Pain (suffering) + Taxes ÷ Failed Marriage x Failed Politics + Shut up and get over it = LIFE

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muatti

If you look at ants, we show similar patterns indeed. But what do the ants do in hindsight? They work. They follow each other around and keep on working until they die.

Any similarities between the humans? Why would the humans be able to collectively come up with a solution if all that humanity does is work and be one of the masses, following each other arounf until they die.

Im sticking with 42, that way i can go to work again D:

And the worrying thing is that they work and die for their queen, the leader of the colony.

I personally don't think there is a specific answer to life. It is what you make it. You're born, you live and then you die. It's what you do with that middle bit that is important. Think about it, in the history of the planet and with the potential for it to go on and on for millions more years, the chance that we were born here and now with an average nanoscopic 70 year window is quite incredible!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'll weigh in with my opinion:

So omniscience can use all finites as proxies to absorb their consciousness of (the) nothing (and finite). Absolute All is not incapable of possessing nothingness, the contents of the Universe (us) is HOW the Absolute does it.

Sorry, we are not here for us. All are tools, all are used.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You are the answer. But what are you?
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Strange, I was just thinking about this the other night. What if the world is like a massive brain, and we're the neurons or cells?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I think you're probably right about it being love, but I think it should be subdivided into love of something. Either love of companionship or love of entertainment.

Have you thought about what the love pertains to?

God so loved love that he created us to love... him?

There is more than one form of love. Agape love is the kind I am referring to. Phileo love is close to the form I am referring to. Eros is far away. Agape is the highest form of selfless love because it is focused on the well-being of the other person, even when undeserved.

The will to give requires nothing in return. If a person serves others for reward, then this is duplicity. Reward is really the thing desired. If a person serves other to avoid judgment, then this is again duplicity. Eros love is duplicity since what is desired is not the service to the other person but the pleasure. Phileo love is brotherly love. A person is obligated to love their own family and family love is not going above any requirement.

Loving an enemy is Agape love. When you can love a person despite themselves, you are expressing the highest form of love that is no based on what you get back. Grace and Mercy are forms of this type of love. Grace is undeserved, as in the love that Christ possessed for us that allow him to suffer in our place. Grace is unmerited.

If you offer a small child a dime or a nickle, they will choose the one that is larger. If you offer someone older the same choice, they choose the one with more value. A person that can love the unlovable is expressing Agape Love. They see the value that honors God and does not require anything in return.

This is how much God loves us.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuzitzu
Surely for there to be an answer to life, you must first assume that life is a question? In my honest opinion, life is impossible to define. The irony is by stating that "life is impossible to define", I have, in effect, attempted to define life.... without success.

Agreed. "Life" is not a question. It does not require an answer at all. Perhaps OP needs to restate the issue, such that it is.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the answer to life is the sum of every question

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Were you trying to say that we were created because God loves love and he created a being capable of love in order to experience it through us? If so, why make us so fallible?...

I cannot make out if you're interpretation is of the purpose of life or the purpose of our existence(life + afterlife). That is to say, I cannot tell where you differentiate purpose of life and purpose of existence.

I want to know why you think the purpose of our existence is love. Why were we ever created to begin with?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Were you trying to say that we were created because God loves love and he created a being capable of love in order to experience it through us? If so, why make us so fallible?...

I cannot make out if you're interpretation is of the purpose of life or the purpose of our existence(life + afterlife). That is to say, I cannot tell where you differentiate purpose of life and purpose of existence.

I want to know why you think the purpose of our existence is love. Why were we ever created to begin with?

Did anyone give God what he possesses? No gift can be given unless it is first earned. Did God take anything He has? How could God take what is already His? God gives and he takes away. What he takes is given back, but only to the those who do the same.

Does God take life? Yes. However, "You must be born again." The gift is given back. Did God ask Abraham to give up the Son of the promise of the nation of Israel? Yes. The knife was at his heart before God stopped Abraham from doing the deed. God never intended to take anything from Abraham. He only wanted the trust and faith of Abraham. From Abraham's vantage point, He knew that if he sacrificed Issac, God could restore him again. He had complete faith in God that there was no limit to His goodness. As a parable, this extends to us. God continually asks us to give it all up for Him, yet His intention is never to take away what we love. The point is to follow God and show deference to His wisdom, power and authority over His Creation.

God does not demand our love any more than He gives us more power than we can show reasonable restraint and wisdom controlling. Why would God throw His children into a wilderness and make them overcome four baptisms? Because He loves us enough to allow the gift to be earned rather than given without merit. Instead, His Grace is given without merit. Read these words from a previous post I recently answered. Each of these baptisms are found in the Bible. The most important are found in Matthew 3.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

Earth - We are planted into the Garden. We are not rooted in the soil like plants or in a fixed domain like fish. Instead, we can occupy all domains. This autonomy requires that we overcome these domains by hardships. The wilderness we occupy was provided to allow our growth by experience.

Air - We are given the Word of God as a guide to the wilderness. This word is also the language we learn and master. Meaning ultimately comes when we decipher the inner symbols of nature and overcome our ignorance and pride of the outer world. Meaning springs from the root, just like a plant.

Water - We are baptized into the Water (Immersion into Reality). The water cleanses the temple (body). The temple is where the sacrifice is made. This temple houses the spirit of God, along with our soul. We are to overcome as we are born again. "You must be born again." Plants die and the seed perpetuates to the next generation. Producing fruit ensures seed for the next crop.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Fire - We are finally baptized by Trials. The Flaming Sword of God cuts away pride and protects the tree of life. The tree of life is DNA. We light the fire we burn by. We can also put out the fire with the water.

Spirit - After overcoming the first four baptisms, we are then baptized by the Spirit of God. Jesus is necessary for us to be marked by the spirit for salvation from the Fire. The water and blood of Christ brings salvation from the corruption of the elements.

How do we overcome and what do we overcome? Faith is the answer to the process. It starts with our recognition of the authority of God as the Good Shepherd. Jesus is our connection to the Father. He is the Living Word that breathes life into our spirit and soul by experiences of grace.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Wow people are using this thread to proselytize about their religious belief programming...

The answer to life depends on the question you have for it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join