It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is infinity?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Where is infinity, is anyone able to identify where it is, what it looks like, and what we would find if we got there.

With our human brains can we even come close to understanding and touching it. Please have a go, lets test the limits of the brains on Ats.

edit on 10-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

i think, you have to be very patient.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

It in my infinately empty pocket.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Where is infinity, is anyone able to identify where it is, what it looks like, and what we would find if we got there.

With our human brains can we even come close to understanding and touching it. Please have a go, lets test the limits of the brains on Ats.

Infinity, is not a location...it is an experience that you are part of...

But if an illustration must be used...
Infinity is the 'hub' of the wheel (this is where you are)...and everything is moving around you...

A99

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hmmm what exactly do you think the theory of the infinite is?

Where is any magnitude? If one has 5 oranges and 5 apples, the quantity of five is clearly not bound to the collections, it is independent. Everything is shadow.

A mouse running on its wheel could run for ever but is the area it covers infinite? Clearly not.

Have a look at the symbol for infinity and you will see it is finite, it is a loop.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I found infinity on the internet.

It sure doesn't look like it takes that long.. maybe it's just a long way away?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
Hmmm what exactly do you think the theory of the infinite is?

Where is any magnitude? If one has 5 oranges and 5 apples, the quantity of five is clearly not bound to the collections, it is independent. Everything is shadow.

A mouse running on its wheel could run for ever but is the area it covers infinite? Clearly not.

Have a look at the symbol for infinity and you will see it is finite, it is a loop.

"A mouse running..."

...and yet, the 'location' is but one parameter of this 'infinity'...clearly, if the mouse were 'running forever'...past, present and future are contained at the same location...loop, or not...it does cover infinity (forever)...

Perhaps 'cycle', instead of loop...
The wheel is a pertinent illustration...a circle that spins in time...projected away from the parameter 'location'...becomes a spring-like spiral, never repeating, but cycling through the other parameters of time...

A99

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Infinity is in our minds and nowhere else.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Actually the symbol for infinity is only a representation OF infinity, as if you trace a path on one surface of the symbol you eventually end up on the other side of it.

It represents a path that never ends.

Not a loop. Or we would use a O as the symbol. The twisted loop is to represent a never ending path and not that we find ourselves back at the beginning.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere

You're attributing the symbol AS infinity thus reducing it to a loop.

It's only to represent infinity, not define it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

That is the oranges and apples. Just as the collection of oranges and the collection of apples each have a quantity of 5 that quantity is independent of those collections. You cannot pinpoint the location of the quantity and the same is true of the infinite.

As for your comments regarding my example. It is a complicated subject and so of course there will be confusion as the details are unveiled but you are drawing the infinite from the period which was not my focus. The traversal of distinct space is the focus of my example. You could also say the distance travelled is infinite but the reality is the mouse is treading the same space.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Umm derp. Did you even comprehend what was written?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Actually the symbol for infinity is only a representation OF infinity, as if you trace a path on one surface of the symbol you eventually end up on the other side of it.

It represents a path that never ends.

Not a loop. Or we would use a O as the symbol. The twisted loop is to represent a never ending path and not that we find ourselves back at the beginning.

Understood...

But who cares what is used to represent it...loop, circle, twisted loop...as you say...it is just a representation OF infinity...something inherently unrepresentable, n'est pas?

A99

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

infinity is everywhere all the time.

It IS I AM

I am Consciousness.

Of course that is the BIG infinity.. There are small ones too. For instance you can divide the space between 1 and 0 up infinite times without ever stopping.
edit on 10/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Its the question that the psuedos do not like, butt that the seekers love.
All the fakers , go uh hum.
But no one ....knows.
Infininty?....go inside, not via travel adventures.
In the end, our end is not, but the end is certain.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Infinity is the whole. Unity is when infinity is one. Multiplicity is what infinity is at this moment. You are part of the whole. We are all cut from one loaf of bread and poured out from one cup. We share this in common as children of God being raised in the wilderness of life. The object is to return to unity with God.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

We come from one (Infinite and Eternal). Humans are mortal and will fade by movement. God is Eternal and is not moved, yet is all that is possible (Infinite). Infinity is ever-expanding, yet unmoved. The Son of God is immortal, yet one with the Eternal. Mortals move and die (You must be born again). Immortal is moving, yet never ending (Begotten). All of us are cut from the loaf of the Son in multiplicity, just as the Son was cut from God and divided. Unity is when we return to the eternal. The light is separated from the darkness and the process repeats until the darkness is left in the void.

Baptism is our immersion into the water of the material so that light can be separated and rise back again. Before the sun rises, the dew (Drops of multiplicity) falls. The sun then evaporates the dew back again so it can once again return.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

In 1 Kings 17, Elijah said the rain would be shut off and the dew would no longer fall.

7 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe[a] in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

He then meets the widow woman's son who died in her arms. Elijah takes the son up the stairs, restores his soul, then brings him back again to the mother. This is a picture of the dew. Between the two passages I show you, the symbolism for John the Baptist (Elijah in the first century) is pictured as our immersion into the water to rise to new life. Baptism happens 5 times. Earth, Air, Water and Fire. Water puts out Fire and Christ is the living water. He is our ticket back to the eternal. This final baptism is Spirit, but the other four must be overcome. Water puts out fire--the final trial of sinners.

edit on 10-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Two people fall asleep. They meet inside the dream. They each turn themselves into a mirror and face eachother. They look into the hallway of externity and project themselves to the end.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Quantitative easing. 2nd line

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Infinity does not exist outside of the imagination of the human mind. Quantum physics has proven this by debunking the concept of infinite linearity between two established points of existence, be they distance, motion, action, time or magnitude. And if infinite smallness is not a reality, then infinite bigness is also not a reality. This is due to the fact that infinite whatever is a quality that is possessed only by that which exists in an absolute state of being, and you can't simply restrict infinity to one gradient over the other. Either the infinite gradient of delineation exists (which quantum physics has proven that it does not) or infinity itself is a human construct that is used by mathematicians and physicists as a placeholder term, and was never intended to be taken literally by the lay public (as it obviously has). The word itself does also have dictionary meanings that present it as a metaphor for immeasurable quantity or quality, but again, the word represents a construct in that case as well.

So, where is infinity? It's in your mind's playground.
edit on 10/10/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Pick a dimension and follow it as far as possible (not that you will live long enough).

Then keep going.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join