It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best documentary I have seen on the current global crisis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I thought I would post the link up to this movie, as it's the best documentary I have seen on the global system at present. It avoids conspiracy conjecture and concentrates on what we can see happening in front of our eyes. There are some great contributors in the documentary, spanning the political ideologies. I paid to watch it, by renting it, and wasn't disappointed. It is the most ideologically balanced view, framing the problems using the language of the left , but providing the solution with a free market capitalism response. It certainly got me

www.fourhorsemenfilm.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm a top doc freak and will surely blend it in with the rest.
..There is nothing like being informed

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Meh, seems ok but nothing Earth shattering.

I think its fairly obvious that the US has been waging wars for profit and strategic control for some time now hence it being "privatized". But it is a civilian controlled military and the civilians take their marching orders from corporations and the banking sector.

As far as the global financial system, movies like Zeitgeist, Money Masters and people like Ron Paul have made incredible strides into exposing the debt based monetary system which has enveloped the entire World, mostly through the corrupt/immoral practice of central banking.

edit on 10-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think it's worth saying on here that although a lot of us actually get it already, there are millions of people who don't. Any method to drum it into people who otherwise would remain ignorant is needed, and should be supported IMO.

I was watching the Keiser Report a couple of days ago (at least I think that's what it was) and he was interviewing one of the looters from the August riots in the UK last year, and the looter put it across quite well.

He basically said that the wider public knows there's something wrong, but they can't put their finger on it. He compared it to a scene in the Matrix, where they're eating in a restaurant and the guy says that he knows that even though he can taste the beef, he knows it isn't real, but he still wants to eat it.

Willful ignorance.

When I talk about the economic problem to others, most get a glazed look in their eyes and you just know they're thinking about something else. They still don't understand how disastrous this situation is, or how they will be affected by it. It's like they're in a state of denial. Most people seem to think it's not their problem, or that it will be fixed. They don't understand that the hole is so deep it would take the mass of the Earth itself to fill it.

I'm going to be watching this tonight. Thank you OP.

I think people should be sending this trailer to everyone they know and trying to educate them on what the real problems are. Until people wake up and understand what's happening, nothing will change. Our governments are following their paymasters and ignoring the will of the people. They are trusting (or being blackmailed to stay with) a system that has already failed. Unless the people wake up now and demand a change things are only going to get worse.

I would rather have a little discomfort and uncertainty now with a proper re-balancing of the global system (the one that should have happened in 2008) than dig the hole deeper, loose all of our democracy, and end up in a state of civil war where the corporately owned government is the enemy of the people.
edit on 10-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Looks like an interesting way to spend some time. I have a question, what can we do? It seems that we have no control and whichever way we turn can be dissipated into insipid, as in what happened to occupy. We are constantly looping back on our selves and going no where. The psychology is such that we exhaust ourselves into apathy.

Why does it feel like we are being bottle-necked into choosing chaos? Break it all down into a nonfunctioning quivering mass, and who benefits from that?

top topics

join