It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some guidance on this journey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hello Fellow ATS'rs,

I am a little hesitant to ask for some help but I need it right now. I am sort of stuck where I am and am not sure which direction to go. If anyone can give me some input I'd appreciate their opinions and think about what is said. I'll start with my options:

Right now I don't have too much money, possibly enough to travel around the U.S if I'm careful and I'd really be pushing it and would have to do some odd jobs along the way to earn enough money for gas and necessities. I was thinking about going through all of the states, although, I'm not sure I am too interested in them all. So maybe head up north around and through Canada.

I just recently got my EMT cert and want to get a job working on an ambulance around the area. I plan on going to paramedic school after working as an EMT for a short while(6 months, that's how long most schools require before you are accepted into the school)

If I work for 6 months and save up I could then travel, having a little extra mullah on hand. After I could go to school. If I leave now I might end up using it all and won't have any left to spend on small important items like a bug out bag or medic kit for a if SHTF scenario, in which case, I'd be screwed.

Now I always thought that I would join the service but with the way things are going right now I'm not so sure about doing that. I don't want to fight a war that I don't believe in or for a governement that isn't transparent. I believe there are still some good folks that are trying to make positive changes in the congress and senate but in the recent past years it's kind of hard to discern what's what around the world when we've been fed so much bull crap from the MSM.

I want to serve my country but I would probably only enlist if I knew that I could become a medic. If I sign up now, the process may take a few months to a year and I could work and travel inbetwixt that time. But is enlisting in this day and age a good thing?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OKThunder

well... enlisting only means adding to the problem...

Army/navy = war

SO

my suggestion would be... work on your carreer...

IF you're in the medical field money will come eventually... its one field that's "depression proof"

Perhaps you might go into nursing or even become a doctor?

Why serve a country by assisting war.... when they don't serve you in times of peace?

Congrats on your first flag!!

edit on 10-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

well... enlisting only means adding to the problem...

Army/navy = war

SO

my suggestion would be... work on your carreer...

IF you're in the medical field money will come eventually... its one field that's "depression proof"

Perhaps you might go into nursing or even become a doctor?

Why serve a country by assisting war.... when they don't serve you in times of peace?

Congrats on your first flag!!

Haha, you speak sense. I'm laughing because I just read your thread on taking care of your posters and I agree. I would love to go into nursing and/or become a ER doc, but right now I need to just get to work and/or travel. I got ants in my pants and it's making it hard to study or focus at all haha.

I will take into consideration your thoughts on the service and use it to help me come to a decision along with whatever else posts I get on here. Star for you good fellow.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

you will have time to travel...

pardon my assumption but you sound young...

Get things done in your life when you're young... so you can enjoy what you've created later...

Trust me man... I would have loved to be where i am now 15 years ago....

but everything happens for a reason... i walked my path and here i am...

Make the best of yours my friend

Glad you enjoyed my thread btw

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thankyou Akragon. You are right about getting things done sooner than later. Hmmm.......To travel or not to travel!? That.....is the question.

Jk, thats not really the only thing im asking for advice for.

And of course, your thread makes sense. It's kind of like saying thankyou to someone for opening the door for you but instread it's an internet door that, when opened, leads to more discussion and deserves a thankyou in the form of a star!
edit on 10-10-2012 by OKThunder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join