AlcoholiPolitics

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hello again ATS... I've come, once again, to hopefully talk you out of a few minutes of your time. I am thankful when I can do this. Your time is valuable and I do endeavor to respect that fact. Hopefully I succeed more often than I fail.

Currently I sit at a desk, as most of you probably are also doing. My desk has a shelf across the back of it, upon which sits my monitor. I am a modest man, of modest means, and I have a modest monitor. This means that there is shelf space on both sides of the monitor, open and frequently used. As of this moment, to the right of this monitor, is a bottle of prescription Motrin, of which I have just taken one pill from. To the other side of it sits a bottle of Crown Royal, a can of Pepsi, and an empty glass.

The Motrin was taken to alleviate the throbbing pain in my temples. The Crown? Well once the Motrin takes care of the woes of the body, the Crown will then be used to take care of the woes of the mind.

Plan "A" was to down the Motrin, wait for the headache to ease up a bit, and then to pour the Crown and drink it. Then I realized that I would probably end up posting at some point tonight... and, as we've all seen, booze and keyboards are a bad mix. I suggest a bill about TOTWI be legislated - typing or texting while intoxicated - and it be made illegal. More needless laws, you say? I retort. I've drunken texted enough to know that I'd rather have paid fifty bucks in penalties and been dissuaded after the first occurrence, than to have kept doing it over and over again! And I've gotten more than a few drunken texts that should have cost somebody a stiff penalty! But I digress...

According to Charles Darwin, mankind evolved from the primordial ooze so that we could, one day, have the faculties and awareness totype and text while intoxicated. So maybe I've missed the mark here.

I wonder if Mr Darwin ever pondered the notion that we can use our higher functions to deliberately separate ourselves from them? This strikes me as ironically funny... but that is a rant or chit chat for another day. For now I will address the reasons for my woes, both physical and psychological.

It's politics you see.

Normally I am a person who thrives upon and deeply enjoys political conversation. Even if it does have the pesky quality of making friends into enemies and, occasionally, turning enemies into friends, I still feel it a worthwhile thing to be interested in. After all, the word "idiot" comes from the Latin idiota, which, in turn, came from the Greek word idiōtēs which meant:

“person not involved in public affairs, layman”

...so it seems inherent that part of not being an idiot would mean keeping up with social issues, politics in particular. Especially since that words original form literally meant citizen.. I happen to be a citizen, by accident of birth... so my participation is implied. I can accept that. It is a fair trade off to live in a decent country. I get to sit here at night and speak my mind, so it's just that I should be somewhat aware of what's going on around me. It's the least I can do. But that's where the headache kicks in hard.

Have you tried keeping up with politics lately??? It's like someone combined the WWE, with Ringling Brothers... threw in the plot line from a bad reality TV show, and then asked fifty morons to try and explain it to us, as we all sit blindfolded while being waterboarded. It has truly gone insane.

Last election cycle we had the odd reality that a Candidate who was not born in the United States was running against one who was. And the fun part of that is that the rumor mill somehow reversed it all! Google it! McCain was born in Panama! That whole birther thing had me twitching and needing a drink four years ago. But that was pretty much the one outrage of the election cycle that sticks out in my mind.

This time around? From the propaganda...blogs...information that keeps coming along, as best I can tell, our President is a Muslim, reptilian alien, Bildeberger, communist who was born in Africa, Indonesia, and Hawaii - who was seen as the messiah to a certain set of people - and he is running against another reptilian alien, Bildeberger, who might be Mexican, is certainly Mormon, and has some sort of bizarre dislike of women, the poor, and seems to be an infallible messiah to a certain set of people.

And I'm just giving an overview. A quick glance at the first four pages of recent posts will show you just how muddied the waters actually are. At this point I am so confused that all I can think is that we need to get Bain Capital to take over the Obama phone system - so that we can then outsource the free phones to another country??? It's madness! For every bit of truth I come across, I find twenty absolutely mind numbing lies - from BOTH sides of the issue. And for every lie? DOZENS of blind believers.

Politics has been invaded by the meme culture. And that is what is killing my head. That is why I have Motrin and Crown Royal on board and poured. To numb the buzz of bologna that has infiltrated my being by way of this tsunami of propaganda. It's like both parties went out to find the people who created lulz catz and hired them to run the campaigns. THE OTHER SIDE JUST HAD A BLOGGER POST A MASSIVE LIE ABOUT US.... WE NEED A MEME AND WE NEED ONE RIGHT AWAY!!!!

Where does it end? Am I the only one with this headache?

I have to get drunk, for real, to counter the drunken state that the BS has my mind spinning in. I have to double negative, reverse psychologize, and trick myself just to try and regain focus! And that propaganda drunk I just mentioned? Look around you. The whole damned country is three sheets to the wind on it. It's like an open bar and we're ALL in party mode!

Ironic that it's considered to be a bad thing ( still illegal in some states ) to vote while drunk. Many of us have had real life situations where we got drunk and spotted that perfect TEN at the bar - and went into pursue mode - only to wake the next morning, sober, and with a solid FOUR laying next to us. This is very much the same type of situation in my opinion. We are drunk on false information and we are all in full on pursuit mode.

What's going to happen when we wake up in the morning? Oh, and when you wake up with a four from a bar? It's an uncomfortable cup of coffee and maybe a breakfast before the "I'll call ya". But with this?

It's a four to eight year hangover.

You might want to follow my example and empty your medicine chest and your liquor cabinet onto your desk too. I think we're all going to need some relief before it's said and done.

Thanks for reading.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Holy hell..I read it..wheres my motrin ?!?!?!

2nd line.I had to add that due to your other thread!
edit on 10-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have never voted before but I'll still make the party

I have to get drunk, for real, to counter the drunken state that the BS has my mind spinning in. I have to double negative, reverse psychologize, and trick myself just to try and regain focus! And that propaganda drunk I just mentioned? Look around you. The whole damned country is three sheets to the wind on it. It's like an open bar and we're ALL in party mode!

...nice one

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
people who use substances as an escape from their woes in order to partially or entirely escape from reality itself as a coping mechanism are blend of the weakest minded, and are too weak emotionally to deal with the challenges of the physical world itself.

I try not to judge, but this sort of dealing with problems has stricken a loved one of mine. So, you can understand my passion.

As for the motrin to assist in alleviating head pain, I can fully understand to a certain extent. I do believe that pain can make you stronger unless it is chronic pain.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
and, as we've all seen, booze and keyboards are a bad mix. I suggest a bill about TOTWI be legislated - typing or texting while intoxicated - and it be made illegal. More needless laws, you say? I retort. I've drunken texted enough to know that I'd rather have paid fifty bucks in penalties and been dissuaded after the first occurrence, than to have kept doing it over and over again! And I've gotten more than a few drunken texts that should have cost somebody a stiff penalty! But I digress...

I hate those guys..
Always going on and on and on and on...

Good thing I'm not like that.

I just wish I could work out why I have all these black holes in my memory...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

I try not to judge, but this sort of dealing with problems has stricken a loved one of mine. So, you can understand my passion.

Funny thing is, this says more about you and your loved one, than it does about 7 billion odd other people.

But as you're not judging or anything, it's Ok!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So.... IF you're voting one of two sides... of the same coin...

Is there a point?

I don't know.... american politics confuse me...

Canadian politics confuse me for that matter... try three sides of the same coin...

Why would i vote for a liar in any case?

this thread... hurts my head...

Good thing im drunk

Btw...What the hell is motrin?
edit on 10-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Ahhhhh...*stretches*...

Excellent read, as always.

But I can tell that by the end of the thread, you were already intoxicated because there's just no mention of bacon and that's what's giving me a headache, it's like a giant 4D rub ix cube or something similar....

S&F and a bacon sarni

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I don't disagree, but i remember "Mabus" being a pretty popular term for somebody in the last election.........

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just hope you took that motrin with some food.

You don't want to get rid of your headache just to have stomach ulcers in the future.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Definitely had food on board when I took the Motrin!

Thankfully I've only dealt with ulcers once, and that was when I was a teenager and taking rather strong medication for the heart problem I had at the time. Since then? Tons of stress - but no further ulcers. Yet.

Having said that, it's not November yet.

FTR: I drank one Crown and Coke last night and decided sleep was the better option. So, one drink it was.

Today the bottle is back in that odd little cabinet above the fridge... But the Motrin is still sitting to the right of my monitor. I've just logged on, have not read the news yet. But am prepared for the inevitable headache to come.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I most certainly am judging in this instance! My mom was an alcoholic throughout 80% of my youth.

I am entitled to my opinion on the matter.
The only thing it says is that I love my mom too much to cut her off so instead of avoiding the problem I have simply told her that although I love her, she is destroying herself and her relationships around her.

It also shows that even a simple habit of drinking and taking pills in order to escape pain or emotional distress can lead down a slippery slide into total dependance.

What would you know of any of that?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

My father died of septic shock, due to sclerosis of the liver, due to chronic alcoholism in 1996. I know from what I speak - and there is a vast difference between having a drink at 46 years old, by choice, and alcoholism.

Equating having a drink with alcoholism and with weakness is, IMO, projection.

Some larps are leeps but not all leeps are larps. Broad brush strokes always lose detail and focus.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I apologize for my jumping to conclusions.

I read your entire post and I assumed the wrong portrayal of your character.

I also was unaware of your dad's passing in such a manner.

So please forgive me.

Your rant came off in my mind as someone who turns to the bottle for all his problems, so maybe you wanna portray a different message next time?

I mean what do you expect people to think when you go on and on about our country's random problems, voting while drunk, and the suggestion of emptying your liquor cabinet.

BTW, nice alcohol rant, then proclaiming me to have psychologically projected my own supposed "problems" with alcohol because I commented on the weak state of mind you are obviously in.

I have not had a drink in a few years and have never gained a dependency. So nice using your father's death to win an argument! Bravo!

You need some help.

P.S. If you are too drunk to realize, the above apology was sarcastic. Nobody laid off the cancer jokes when my dad died.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

This I will reply to - as the rest is just ill mannered and opinion.

So please forgive me.

Your rant came off in my mind as someone who turns to the bottle for all his problems, so maybe you wanna portray a different message next time?

Your last statement there "Your rant, came off in my mind...." projection.. Basing an opinion upon limited information set and then using it as a basis to speak in the definitive and to insult? Poor form.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This I will reply to - as the rest is just ill mannered and opinion.

So please forgive me.

Your last statement there "Your rant, came off in my mind...." projection.. Basing an opinion upon limited information set and then using it as a basis to speak in the definitive and to insult? Poor form.

~Heff

I'm sorry to dispute, but your conclusion of my persistent "projection" requires a LOT more information from me, much of which requires an in person interview, in order to validate your claims.

With all you have told me of yourself, I can paint a pretty detailed picture of what kind of person you are.

The kind of person who lacks the integrity to admit when they have shamed themselves.

You drink irresponsibly and start ranting. Apparently you weren't expecting to be criticized because your
arguments against me lack substance.

All of mine are based off of what you fed me.
You supply the clay. I will make a sculpture.

Then, you accuse me of projecting my problems on to you even though I haven't sauced in years.

I have zero respect for you.
Why you are a mod is the same reason airport security needed to be more heavily enforced after 9/11.

Good Night, Sir! Enjoy your drink.

new topics

top topics

join