It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of ring is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was wondering what kind of ring is this, and the symbols on it?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If you could post some clearer pictures it would be a lot more helpful.
It looks gold though

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Pics are kind of blurry but I see something related to being a physician or medical.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That is the mood-ring I lost at my junior high sock-hop. Can I have it back please? Seriously though, looks like a caduceus on the sides.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sorry, I used my webcam until I can get another camera. So medical something?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Pics are kind of blurry but I see something related to being a physician or medical.

Yea that's what my first thought was
Caduceus- en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-10-2012 by FlyingCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Actually it more resembles the Rod of Asclepius. A very common symbol used in medicine.

en.wikipedia.org...

In Greek mythology, the Rod of Asclepius (⚕; sometimes also spelled Asklepios or Aesculapius), also known as the asklepian,[1] is a serpent-entwined rod wielded by the Greek god Asclepius, a deity associated with healing and medicine. The symbol has continued to be used in modern times, where it is associated with medicine and health care, yet frequently confused with the staff of the god Hermes, the caduceus. Theories have been proposed about the Greek origin of the symbol and its implications.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
That is the mood-ring I lost at my junior high sock-hop. Can I have it back please? Seriously though, looks like a caduceus on the sides.

lulz...Seriously though, I had the same initial thought, and think it could possibly have something to do with medicine, or another profession that has a similar symbol representing it. I have never seen an identical ring though, so I do not know for certain. It is quite possible that it is just an ordinary ring, and that it does not represent a certain group, club, profession, or anything else.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks, it seems homemade. So maybe someone designed it for themselves? You can see where they wrapped the steel around the yellow metal. There is a fold line on the bottom of the ring. Thank you for your input.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes, I agree... the single snake reminds me of the Rod of Asclepius, which is commonly used in the Health profession (EMS, EMT and Paramedics).

I have several family members in the Health professions. One who was a Surgical Nurse, whom was given the Cadecues frequently as Team-Wide/Company-Wide Gifts and the other an EMT, who wore the Asclepius serpent on her badge.

I have not been able to find that exact ring, but I have come close. I will keep looking.

Doctor Gifts Logo
edit on 9-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: eating and typing does not work. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HonorThySilence

Jk

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by HonorThySilence

Jk

Muahahahahah! It's all mine! Hahahah! I have the POWER! xD