It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing article in Malaysian paper about media control, propaganda and Hugo Chavez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This could have gone in a few forums so mods if more appropriate somewhere else pls move.

So Im reading the main Malaysian newspaper this morning and I came across a very interesting article titled "Media lies and regime change"

Below are a few quotes from the article

With the ownership of the global media in the hands of a powerful few, the spreading of untruths to shape opinion is becoming the norm.

BELIEVE only half of what you see and nothing that you hear, wrote poet Allan Edgar Poe 167 years ago.
It’s still valid today and more so in our world of instant digital news and social media.

With the ownership of the global media in the hands of a powerful few, influencing the choice and shape of stories has become a lot easier.

The impression given was that Hugo Chavez was losing against opposition candidate Henrique Capriles Radonski or that it was a “close fight”.
The Washington Post wrote: “Weakened from battling cancer and visibly bloated, Chavez is fighting for his political life in Sunday’s presidential election, as he faces a charismatic challenger who has energised a once-disunited opposition in a way none of the populist leader’s foes ever has.”

It then goes on to talk about reforms he had made including nationalising the oil industry and the money being given back to the people in the form of schooling, housing and healthcare instead of investors in the form of dividends,

The media over here is very interesting to say the least.
We get all the usual Reuters, AFB sound bite crap or as I call it news junkfood, but you also get quite a bit that goes against what I would call western or capitalist ideas,
For instance Malaysias ex prime minister Mahatir Mohammed was a strong and vocal opponent of globalisation and free trade who made a massive amount of sense with everything he said on the topic.

Anyway heres the article Media Lies and Regime Change

Let me know what you think
edit on 9-10-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I like Chavez. He doesn't take crap from no-one.

Mainstream media lies (or at least has an agenda), that should be a fact taught in schools nowadays..

join