It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copy and paste this as your status.... : /

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This might be a rant, we'll see how it turns out...

I can't stand Facebook... and this is one of the reasons why...

At least a few times a week (probably more
) i get people asking me to copy and paste something into my status... generally they're guilt trips meant to play on peoples emotions, or protests of some sort...

To top this off i get status updates from various people... like "so and so is at the mall" (like i care)... This person went to McD's with someone else... and so on, and so on... :bnghd:

*sigh*

Today i got this...

Please copy and paste this to your status if you're constantly being asked to copy and paste things to your status by friends who copy and paste things to their statuses. Many people won't copy and paste this, but my truly sarcastic friends will copy and paste this because they know it was copied and pasted from a friend in dire need to copy and paste things to their status; and if you don't copy and paste it, then it means you don't like bunnies. And if you hate bunnies, the terrorists win.

Cute...

Apparently i hate bunnies....

but Facebook terrorists lose...

Because...

I WILL NOT copy and paste this to my status DAMNIT!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So you go and copy and past it here, lolol sorry i cant stop laughing, cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Then already won.....the dark side has .
edit on 9/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

Yes... i thought of the irony before posting...

Now i have to kill myself...

pardon me...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

ATSers still use facebook? (Drum roll please)....................................bwahahahahaha ahahahahaha hahahahahah lol rofl.

Wait really? Bwahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hehe heheh.........ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahah

edit on 9-10-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Use reverse psychology and post something as your status update and add 'DO NOT REPOST THIS! PERIOD!" and see how many do.

Make it fun.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

At the end of the just have to say thank you, you made me smile, and laugh out loud. My self l like making people smile.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Um excuse me for my ignorance...

What does "Facebook" mean? Is it a place or something?..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
reply to post by Akragon

At the end of the just have to say thank you, you made me smile, and laugh out loud. My self l like making people smile.

Then it was all worth it!

Its nice to burden others with my ramblings sometimes... at least it amuses people

Take care my friend

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by Akragon

Um excuse me for my ignorance...

What does "Facebook" mean? Is it a place or something?..

Facebook is a place of great torment and dispare...

A place where family and friends can make silly comments all over your own personal area... show pictures of you in the worst situations, and laugh at it!! Then comment more and have conversations about you and others...

A place that forces the dreaded "timeline" upon its people... further pissing them off!

They slap you in the face with ads... my God the ads!

People trying to be my friend that i knew when i was younger.... and i didn't like them back then! And friends of friends of friends poping up on the side bar asking if you know them!

And to top it off... its free!

Oh... my friend, its a dark and dismal place....

Beware i tell you!!!
edit on 9-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That and they seem to not really share an opinion with anyone . or a real thought of intelligence

I do not care it was -7 when you woke up just outside of town. with a frown

I don't want to know what your food looks like

you really don't have 600 + friends I have know you since high school

those girls are way to hot to be your friends again i have known you since high school

edit;Just do what I do and come here instead

edit on 9/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Facebook. Is a "social networking" web sight that people use to communicate with their friends and family about..........ahahahaha bwahahahaha ok ok seriously this time no more sarcasm.

It is a state run psyop cointelpro that uses peoples ignorance against them to find out all the little details about their lives that they would never share in a public forum about themselves...bwahahahahaha in a public forum ( go figure right) for the purpose of gathering and reselling their intimate lifes details to corporations so they can pwn them epic olschool warcraft 3 style.

I mean serious "allyourbasearebelongtous" style. While all the time convincing them they are "cool" and important based off of the number of "pretend" friends they have on their list.

Oh ya it is also gay as all hell( not in the well dressed homosexual kind of gay, in the retarded beyond belief, "did your mom have any kids that lived? Kind of gay)

Ok my petty attempt at levity about this evil enterprise is over, sorry but your all now dumber for having read this also!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Its a dirty lil secret i am sure many of here have

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

You arfe of course correct, I evven have one, I made it, used it for 6 months, saw it for what it was, haven't returned in 3 years.

My kids logged onto it about a year ago, they told me I had 120 somthing pending friends requests, I just lasughed and walked out of the room, while they were saying "dad d you want us to accept them?".

The adorable little angels, so sweet, I couldn't break their hearts and tell them the truth( that I couldn't give a rats nethter regions) so I just told them I would handle it later.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have a FB page that I check daily. I have no clue how many friends I have on it. Many are from ATS - but most are family members who live on the other side of the country. It's an easy and free way to keep in touch. As for old friends and the like? Only twice has that happened with me... and both times ended with me thinking "Oh, yeah, this is exactly why I didn't hang out with you in high school...."

~Heff

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
This might be a rant, we'll see how it turns out...

I can't stand Facebook... and this is one of the reasons why...

At least a few times a week (probably more
) i get people asking me to copy and paste something into my status... generally they're guilt trips meant to play on peoples emotions, or protests of some sort...

To top this off i get status updates from various people... like "so and so is at the mall" (like i care)... This person went to McD's with someone else... and so on, and so on... :bnghd:

*sigh*

Today i got this...

Please copy and paste this to your status if you're constantly being asked to copy and paste things to your status by friends who copy and paste things to their statuses. Many people won't copy and paste this, but my truly sarcastic friends will copy and paste this because they know it was copied and pasted from a friend in dire need to copy and paste things to their status; and if you don't copy and paste it, then it means you don't like bunnies. And if you hate bunnies, the terrorists win.

Cute...

Apparently i hate bunnies....

but Facebook terrorists lose...

Because...

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in my dislike of Facebook.

I feel that Facebook does nothing but hinder the relationships of the people who use that service. I don't need updates on everything people do throughout the day, and prefer an old fashioned "let's do lunch" or phone conversation (NOT a text message) over a FB post. There are just too many internet idiots online nowadays, and I just find it irritating when the following conversation occurs:

friend: add me to your Facebook
me: I don't use Facebook
friend: oh, really? You should try the internet... it's great!
me: (snickering) Oh I use the internet, just not Facebook.
friend: Oh, you mean MSN and Yahoo?
me: (laughing) Yeah, those plus a few others.
friend: well, you really should try Facebook too. Everyone on the internet is there.
me: I've been on the internet a long time, since the days of Compuserve BBS and dial up
friend: Dial up? You mean AOL?
me: Kinda... that was before AOL
friend: really? (confused look) I thought they started the internet?
me: No, that was Al Gore. (laughing) That was a long time ago, back when you used to have to pay hourly for the internet
friend:: (really confused look) ...
me: It doesn't matter... you have my phone number... CALL ME

top topics

join