NASA : Bright object on Mars is likely plastic from rover

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
NASA says the bright object on Mars is not Martian material . It is likely a piece of plastic from curiosity rover

NASA says a small bright object detected on Mars is likely a piece of plastic from the Curiosity rover.

In a statement Tuesday, the space agency says the plastic bit that fell off the rover is "benign." While plans are continuing to positively identify it, NASA says it is not "Martian material."

Link : www.usnews.com...
edit on 9-10-2012 by Octagon because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-10-2012 by Octagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Of course it's a piece of plastic,that stuff lasts for ever and though anything.
Betcha that tech will get his butt canned for that faux pas.

edit on 9-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hmm is this an update from the earlier thread?

If so wow poorly constructed was it made in china?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

There have already been at least 2 threads made on this, here is the original which for some reason is in the aliens forum, I guess some people think it's an alien:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's another duplicate which I think was correctly posted in the space exploration forum which was closed:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This probably should have been posted in space exploration too, but I suspect it will be closed too so it probably doesn't matter for this thread, just note for next time you have stuff about Mars to discuss.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octagon
NASA says

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Images are up on nasa site, looks like some chunk of plastic gunk that was crushed, blended.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

join