It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Comes Clean: No Protest Outside Libya Consulate

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh LOL

GOP responsible for cutting State Department Security overseas - including the Benghazi, Libya, consulate,

Source

Wah Wah Wah, everyone here is gonna need a stiff drink tonight. Now about you guys are WANTING me to go back off topic "eh, he Gogo, what were you saying about how progressive I was for supporting a non Christian for president?"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Oh LOL

GOP responsible for cutting State Department Security overseas - including the Benghazi, Libya, consulate,

Source

Wah Wah Wah, everyone here is gonna need a stiff drink tonight. Now about you guys are WANTING me to go back off topic "eh, he Gogo, what were you saying about how progressive I was for supporting a non Christian for president?"

Gee.

I wonder why the White House didn't say that last month ?

Did any of that come up in the hearings yesterday ?

ADD: And still no excuse for the lying and apparent cover ups.
It's more like a simple "misappropriation of assets"

edit on Oct-11-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

In response, i offer this:

State Department spent $108,000 making the Embassy in Vienna "Green"

The State Department had plenty of money. They just chose to spend it on things like this, instead of security. I would cut their budget, too.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

In response, i offer this:

State Department spent $108,000 making the Embassy in Vienna "Green"

The State Department had plenty of money. They just chose to spend it on things like this, instead of security. I would cut their budget, too.

This article has another disturbing fact....

The American embassy in Austria is considered one of the safest diplomatic postings in the world. The American mission in Benghazi, Libya is considered one of the most dangerous.

While the State Department Rules of Engagement for Libya signed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton within the last eighteen months specifically prohibits the stationing of Marines at any diplomatic station in that country,

the American embassy in Austria has a full complement of Marines. Among their duties are the presenting of the American flag at the annual 4th of July picnic held at the embassy in Vienna every year.

source

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The three posts above me all conveniently ignored the fact that their precious GOP has these Americans blood on their hands equally, maybe more so. Maybe the cover up was the Obama admin, but the lack of preparedness is from the GOP side.

Also, those other embassies can't be compared, The benghazi embassy was destroyed and needed to be rebuilt. 108,000 dollars sure, but it would have taken much more than that to rebuild an entire embassy.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This might explain better.....

There has been some back and forth between Republicans and Democrats over funding for security in Libya in the wake of Ambassador Chris Stevens’s death. Republicans have questioned whether the State Department had adequate security to protect the ambassador, and Democrats have countered that Republicans tried to cut funding for embassy security. What does the budget record show?

According to the fiscal year (FY) 2013 Congressional Budget Justification Department of State Operations (p. 11), overall funding for those programs has increased sharply over the past decade. Indeed, Worldwide Security Protection is more than double what it was a decade ago. Despite reductions from budget peaks in FY 2009 and FY 2010, both budget lines are higher than in FY 2008. (continues below chart)........

Libya Security Lapse: The Budget for Embassy Security Is Not Responsible

It is tempting to look for a scapegoat for the tragic events in Libya. However, if one exists, the overall budget for embassy security is not it. Funding for that purpose has risen sharply over the past decade. Moreover, the State Department has considerable latitude in allocating security funds based on current events and intelligence on possible threats. Why that latitude was not applied in Libya deserves further scrutiny.

Looks like misappropriation of funds ...

The State Dept needs to show the exact figures.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smithologist54

Yeah, this reminds me of 9/11/2001 because if we are to believe the official story then 9/11 was a result of all the failures you listed above. Surprise surprise it happened again 10 years later.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Rep. Chaffetz says, “When you’re in Libya, after a revolution… you [have to] prioritize things. And what clearly didn’t happen is Libya was not a priority. I believe what I heard is that it’s because they wanted the appearance of normalization. That’s what they wanted. And that fit with Obama narrative moving forward.”

cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com...

This explanation makes more sense than the budget excuse.

It seems like the current administration has tried to change the reputation of the US from a strong force to a cooperative, non-threatening entity. So, this explanation from Re. Chaffetz does fit. Cooperation with other countries can be a good thing, but not at the expense of the safety of our citizens.

They were probably attempting to not appear as occupying force, and rather as just another embassy doing mundane business.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Watching the VP debate right now and Biden was asked why we were told there was a protest and not a terrorist attack and he blamed the intelligence community...... lying politicians.... history repeating itself. Stop voting for these people! Time to reject Washington and hit the redo button!

On a side note, at least it was refreshing to see Biden say that Iran has no nuke and isn't building one and that Israel and America know this.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Oh LOL

Source

The VP debate flushed out some info:

9:29 p.m. EDT

The GOP rapid response team replies to Biden's claim that Ryan would have cut funding for embassy security by citing State Department testimony that budgetary constraints had nothing to do with the security deployments in Benghazi. As Ryan said, it was the specific denial of requests for more security personnel that were the problem. Both could also have added that Obama's sequester proposal calls for embassy security cuts.

LIVE Fact Check: The Joe Biden Lie Detector

from Congressional hearings:
YouTube

At a Congressional Hearing, State Department: Budget Had Nothing To Do With Security Decisions At Benghazi (10/10/12)

"State Department: Budget Had Nothing To Do With Security Decisions At Benghazi"

One "Left" hand still doesn't know what the other "Left" hand is doing

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
More of the same......

They don't get it !!

Biden contradicts State Department on Benghazi security

Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting three State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway. ......

:shk: pdf copies

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) released the unclassified cables containing those requests.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I dunno know.

I think I know.

Who knows?

Rewind; press play; then pray it don't play.

edit on 12-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Here it is folks:
MSNBC Just called Biden a liar about his not knowing of Libyan consulate security request!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Here it is folks:
MSNBC Just called Biden a liar about his not knowing of Libyan consulate security request!

www.youtube.com...

Andrea Mitchell of ALL the people

I bet she had to take double medication to get that report out of her loud mouth !!!
(did she hate every second ?)

Watch her expression in the video !!

Somethings up -- is the Liberal M$M is folding on Obama & Co. ?

The biggest lie Vice President Joe Biden told tonight was a whopper. And somehow it like got past moderator Martha Raddatz, who we were told knows everything about foreign policy. Biden made the patently false and outrageous claim that no one in the Obama administration knew that requests for extra security had been made by our Libyan ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and other members of our consulate in Benghazi.

To emphasize his lie, Biden actually said it twice.

The claim is absolutely false. So false in fact, that his pals at MSNBC called him out on it:

"NBC Fact Check: Biden Contradicted State Department On Benghazi Security"

White House Serial Lies About Libya Extend to VP Debate

edit on Oct-12-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Lets add CBS and The Blaze.com to the ever-growing list!
The liberal media sharks are (finally) smelling Obama administration blood in the water!
There be MAJOR scandal here!

www.theblaze.com...#

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It makes me laugh when the whitehouse said it was a peaceful protest that was hijacked even after they saw the video of the first couple of people arriving at the consulate with rocket propelled grenade haha. Obama thinks the american people are still asleep.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Insane !!

They have totally lost it

In a disastrous question-answer session at the State Department yesterday, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland first tried to claim that the murder of our ambassador to Libya may have been touched off by a demonstration about the YouTube video after all. Then she claimed that even though the State Department had no reports of any demonstration, the intelligence community may have told them that a demonstration happened. Then when Nuland was questioned on that astonishing assessment, she literally said she was “dumb.”...

[video tells all]

State Dept: We're Too 'Dumb' To Understand Obama's Libya Explanation

The facial expressions are very telling.....

These are the people running things

I think we got ourselves a fight between the State Department and the White House !!

Yesterday afternoon, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland admitted in the aftermath of the murder of one of our Yemen embassy security forces that al Qaeda may have a complete list of our Yemeni embassy personnel:

[video]

State Department: Al Qaeda Could Have Full List of Yemenis Working With US

Wheeew Man !!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yep --- Insane

infighting loses elections .... right ?

Today, the White House finally revealed its policy on embassy security: keep President Obama out of the loop so he can claim plausible deniability and blame Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for any problems. In today’s White House press conference, a reporter asked press secretary Jay Carney about the situation in Libya. Carney responded:......................................................

White House: Buck Stops With Hillary on Libya

Now they seem to be blaming each other.....

They've run out of scapegoats !!

The Administration is in Chaos

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yep --- Insane

infighting loses elections .... right ?

Today, the White House finally revealed its policy on embassy security: keep President Obama out of the loop so he can claim plausible deniability and blame Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for any problems. In today’s White House press conference, a reporter asked press secretary Jay Carney about the situation in Libya. Carney responded:......................................................

White House: Buck Stops With Hillary on Libya

Now they seem to be blaming each other.....

They've run out of scapegoats !!

The Administration is in Chaos

They will just blame Bush of course haha! I have a question for everyone on this thread when this attack was first reported did anyone buy it was because of a youtube video?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Columbus Dispatch newspaper has a good summary of events.

Even though the mainstream media's Narrative Gatekeepers won't allow for a national discussion on the security failures in Libya and the subsequent White House cover up, that doesn’t mean voters are disinterested or that local media outlets in the individual states aren't covering the September 11 anniversary attacks. This morning, the Columbus Dispatch out of the crucial swing state of Ohio, published a brutal (because it's true) editorial lashing out at Obama's dishonest and incompetent mishandling of Libya:......................

Devastating Ohio Editorial: Obama's Handling of Libya Indefensible

The article:

Testimony in a congressional hearing Wednesday on the Sept. 11 outrage against the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi fueled a growing suspicion: President Barack Obama’s administration was more concerned about projecting the image of improving stability in Libya, to bolster his re-election chances, than it was about ensuring the security of Americans on the ground there.

The fact of a successful terrorist attack against the U.S. on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks — a day, above all others, when security for American officials in volatile countries should be at its utmost — is demoralizing and infuriating.

After months of concern by diplomats in Libya about the country’s deteriorating security, Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three embassy employees were murdered by heavily armed and organized terrorists. The possibility the government could have prevented their deaths by responding to their pleas for greater security is devastating........

Preventable tragedy -
Obama administration can’t spin its way out of blame for Benghazi

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join