It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Comes Clean: No Protest Outside Libya Consulate

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

the administration was LIED TO,

Well, i guess that is one way to paint an elephant and call it mouse.

Who, do tell, lied to the administration?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

what was the point of them lying? ie. the motivation behind it.

Politics when something goes good that reflects good on the adminstration they take credit for it.

When something goes bad they blame other things (Bush,film,etc).

Its obvious that the current administrations put their own political ambitions above this country that led to 4 American deaths in Libya.

And what, Einstein, is the POLITICAL AMBITION that they got FULFILLED from this attack? This sounds a lot like the nonsense over Fast & Furious which everyone on the right was outraged about that "killed Americans!" The President doesn't have much to do on a day to day business with drug enforcement -- but Eric Holder was in Washington dealing with that arsonist senator who was trying to get EVERY White house communication and calling that "withholding evidence."

I'm not against a good conspiracy theory -- in my book, people conspire all the time. It's just that you need to have a MOTIVATION and some BENEFIT to connect this with the Administration.

So what is it? Something bad happens -- and there are excuses and that = Obama must be impeached! Same formula, same Republicans, different ingredients.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What are people talking about?

Benghazi?

or big Bird?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
New article....

In one of today's hearing's more memorable--and ignoble--exchanges, Rep. Darrell Issa took umbrage at State Department Official for Embassy Security Charlene Lamb's assertion that “We had the correct number of assets in Benghazi at the time of 9/11 for what had been agreed upon.” Issa retorted that her claim "doesn’t seem to ring true to the American people.” Nor, indeed, did it comport with other evidence presented to the hearing, including Lt. Col, Andrew Wood, who once headed U.S. security in Libya and testified that there had been serious deficiencies in embassy security, and that it had never been protected with the necessary resources.

What is clear is that the attacks on the anniversary 9/11 took the Obama administration by surprise; that the administration placed too much confidence in the removal of Osama bin Laden, as well as the President's own personal popularity, in declaring that Al Qaeda was in retreat; that the first impulse of the administration was to attack freedom of expression in the U.S., as well as the political opposition; that the administration never lived up to its most basic security responsibilities in Libya; that it lied for weeks about the most serious terror attack against the United States in years; and that it is lying still, in an attempt to minimize political fallout.

[color=cyan]The entire cover-up is falling apart--and today's congressional hearings are likely just the beginning.....

Obama's Lies Unravel in Congressional Hearing on Libya 9/11 Attack

Time is UP !!

edit on Oct-10-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I agree...what are these wars really protecting us from? Unless really rich and powerful people are buying plane tickets, financing, and obtaining visas for these destitute people in the desert -- how are these people going to hurt us at home?

Has anyone seen the price of a plane ticket from the Tripoli to Chicago? It's over $1,700 today as per Kayak flights.

I'd be more worried about the people that have the money -- not the people being paid to harm us.

The real issue of terrorism is two-fold.

One, stop creatinig dissent and anger against the USA by changing our approach over there. We need to stop meddling ALL the time. If you ask nicely we'll help -- otherwise deal with it yourself. Most Anti-American protests I see in the Middle East seem to advocate us leaving them alone.

Two, go after the people that are financing these radicals. Oh wait, that would mean we'd have to get tough with Saud....errr...never mind!

I realize I am leaving out HUGE ammounts of details pertaining to this...

I mean, more people die in car accidents or of bee stings each year than terrorism.

I have a wasp nest in my yard, do you think I can ask the Pentagon to do a drone strike on it? No? Come on! At least send in a platoon of Marines to knock it down for me! I mean, I could DIE from being stung to many times! That's an immediate and known threat right here that has a higher percentage of killing ME!

It's crazy, backward logic like this in Washington that has created the mess we're in.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
In my line of work, something happens downrange, say Kabul, and someone in DC needs to know about it, I get a call. an encrypted email, I gather information and encrypt the data, and send it to DC.

Takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Depends on the size of the info.

So the Obama administration is telling us that they didn't the information for days and/or weeks???

The Commander-in-Chief can't get a frickin' MEMO for almost a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "leader" of the most meanest, bad-assed, aggressive, bomb-'em 'till they drop COUNTRY ON THE PLANET, can't get a %#^@%$%$^&@#%#

EMAIL?

Bull-stinky-mess!
(sorry for the swears)

See what happens when you blow off your daily security briefings to play golf...tsk tsk tsk...

Plus, just in...from Capital Hill Hearings today....Eleanor Norton D, claiming the Embassy was not secured enough due to Republicans not providing the budget to give them the things they needed to stop the attack....

Just wow.....

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

If you are encrypting FALSE information, or anonymous sources or covert sources (who cannot be named) are given FALSE information -- than it doesn't matter about the speed of the internet. Someone has to be flown down to you to interrogate you, and then interrogate the people you reference and their might be dozens involved in contact with a possible hundred or more.

You almost sounded like someone who knew something for a second about intelligence. As if there weren't people who lied all the time in your business.

*sigh*

Yeah, they (Obama et al) all said video because the State Department, the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, Military Intelligence, told a fib.

Keep grasping at straws.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

the administration was LIED TO,

Well, i guess that is one way to paint an elephant and call it mouse.

Who, do tell, lied to the administration?

I'm merely going with the most obvious guess -- as well as prior history.
The CIA 'misinformed' the White House and urged the 'underwear bomber' back on the flight that the State Department tried to pull him from. On more than one occasion, they've been 'misinforming' the White House.

On this occasion, it was a CIA memo that told the White House that the embassy was attacked spontaneously from a protest. It was a Right-wing religious hate group that re-dubbed and promoted the propaganda film disparaging Mohammed about a week before -- hard to say if they are related.

All the White House can do is promote or punish people who fail in the CIA -- they don't directly control that organization. And since Republicans are STILL holding up any appointments Obama has tried to make -- there are a lot of Bush loyalists and people who graduated from Liberty University.

Now I'm not sure if Obama is actively allied with Bush because he didn't bring charges (as he should have) -- or that Obama is just very weak about confrontation. I don't know WHY more people aren't tried for treason and hung, I really don't.

But no Republican in my lifetime has ever made anything better, so I've got to hope Obama is at least interested in doing the right thing. There's ZERO motivation for him to do otherwise in this situation -- and if Romney were in charge, it's likely we'd already be bombing Iran. It's the Republicans who want more war in the Middle East and THEY are the ones that benefit from this attack as well as Israel.

>> But I admit that I don't have anything but guesses. Over time, however, as in years past, we will find more stinking Republicans and Neocons in the mix -- that's almost a law of the Universe.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Electing a Chicago politician to POTUS is never a good idea.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

When you are through cleaning Obama's shoes from this big pile-o-poo he's stepped in...are you going to walk behind him, and keep on cleaning....just curious....

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Grasping at straws? The CIA sent the memo -- they are the people INFORMING the White House.

I'm not grasping at straws, I'm merely stating what was fact and you are pretending to know something about SECRECY with encrypted emails -- which has nothing to do with anything.

The point is, the White House did make a mistake by trusting the CIA. Now they could be pulling a "Bush" and asking the CIA to lie to them. You are welcome to speculate with your fancy knowledge of this thing called "encryption."

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
If you walked by a house and heard cries from inside for help and not only iggnored those cries but denied help... that at the very least is willful neglect.

If you were on a boat on the ocean and received multiple request for help... and not only iggnored them but denied them...that at the very least would be willful neglect and possibly manslaughter.. certainly a host of charges are worthy.

If an ambassador and staff were overseas in a turbulent and increasingly violent situation, had asked for help and security on multiple occassions through verbal, written, and e-mail requests... and not onlty were those requests iggnored, but denied... and further, security was diminished and reduced to nothing... that sounds like conspiracy and collussion to commit murder.

One of the upcoming debates will be on foreign policy, and Obama just gave Romney a sledge hammer to hit the nail into his political coffin.

However Romney wont know what to do with the hammer as he has not experience with hand tools.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Grasping at straws? The CIA sent the memo -- they are the people INFORMING the White House.

I'm not grasping at straws, I'm merely stating what was fact and you are pretending to know something about SECRECY with encrypted emails -- which has nothing to do with anything.

The point is, the White House did make a mistake by trusting the CIA. Now they could be pulling a "Bush" and asking the CIA to lie to them. You are welcome to speculate with your fancy knowledge of this thing called "encryption."

Since you are claiming everything you are posting as *fact*....I can only assume you hold a high position in the White House.....You sound like you've practiced with the same handlers Jay Carney does.

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

How many countries are there ?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

When you are through cleaning Obama's shoes from this big pile-o-poo he's stepped in...are you going to walk behind him, and keep on cleaning....just curious....

Des

I get that you don't like him.

I'm sure that if I went back and looked at other posts, I'd find that you were all hot and bothered about "Fast and Furious" and wanting to impeach him on birth certificates or whatever the Republicans brought up every 3 months.

I would support any Republicans impeaching Obama for failing to prosecute Bush for war crimes. Or allowing the NDAA to pass. But they won't -- because that would raise the bar on THEM.

Adults can ask for clarity and point to facts about who is PUSHING THIS STORY -- and that has nothing to do with supporting Obama. I said nothing to make him look more heroic, or absolve him. I'm stating that he got chumped by the CIA and we don't know why.

Kindly grow up a little, won't you?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So you are saying that the CIA ran the State department and told the embassy that they could not have more personnel to address their security concerns, and the CIA ran the Defense Department and made them refuse security requests?

The CIA has kept the White House hoodwinked for the last month, keeping the truth from them?

You really think that the CIA is the only source of info for the Obama Administration?
Only a fool would rely on that kind of info.... one agency that could control everything?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

*sigh* Yeah, they (Obama et al) all said video because the State Department, the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, Military Intelligence, told a fib. Keep grasping at straws.

Exactly........and heres the kicker, I watched the ENTIRE thing live......

Kennedy ADMITTED that the information they gave them to release , was the information that he had......That information he said later on during the hearing, concluded that it was a terrorist attack.....

So which is it? Is he lying saying that he gave them the information they had, or is the administration refusing to cop to the information that they had?

He contradicted himself numerous times......

IF the information he gave them, was what he testified to givin them, then they had NO reason to blame this on anything else other then a pre planned act of terrorism........FULL STOP.......

Not only that, to everyone else holding up this administraton saying they had no information that things were this bad and having no warning, your argument just got invalidated........the Col and the other gentleman (sorry forgot his name) testified that they had made numerous NUMEROUS requests to bolster the forces there, AND had other attacks, one in which a wall as taken out PRIOR to the sept 11 incident....

There was full warning this was going to happen, and they requested more people and it was turned down........there is NO more debate on that.....

This is going to get interesting, and tragic
edit on 10-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Yer right. Just sitting in my moms basement. Not really doin' much.

The Obama administration WANTED to blame the video because it was free expression of speech that they didn't agree with!

Blame the CIA
Blame the GOP for not budgeting enough protection

Get shrill. Yell alot. Stamp your feet.

It won't change the facts that Obama is in charge, and through his weak leadership, people died.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hillary is retiring at the end of this term. She has no plans on the white house in 2016.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm nobody and yet, even I knew that the attack had nothing to do with the stupid video. It baffles me that there are people out there so ready to defend Obama and Hillary when these two clearly lied over and over again to the American people.
Party loyalty is one thing but this is taking things way too far.
edit on 10/10/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join