It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Comes Clean: No Protest Outside Libya Consulate

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Watching Shep on FOX.

He's having kittens over this!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No!
No!
No!

Nancy Pelosi promised me the most ethical adminitration, TRANSPARENT administration in US history!!!

The current administration is like George Washington and never lied!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

He met the Marine, Glen Doherty at a Christmas party a couple of years ago

Speaking at a rally held at a family farm about 20 miles outside Des Moines, Romney was telling the crowd a random story about how he had once mistakenly crashed a neighbor's Christmas party near his house in La Jolla, Calif., thinking it was the neighborhood's annual holiday party. He spoke about how kind people had been to him there, even though he and his wife, Ann, had intruded.

"I got to meet some really interesting people. One of them was a guy actually from my home state of Massachusetts—a relatively young guy compared to me," Romney said.

The man was a former Navy SEAL living in San Diego, Romney explained without giving Doherty's name. That night, the two talked about interests they shared: They both loved to ski and had explored some of the same slopes.

"We had a lot of things in common," Romney said. "He told me that he keeps going back to the Middle East. He cared very deeply about the people there. He served in the military there, went back from time to time to offer security services and so forth to people there."

"You can imagine how I felt when I found out that he was one of the two former Navy SEALS killed in Benghazi on Sept. 11th," Romney continued. "And it touched me obviously that I recognized that this young man that I thought was so impressive has lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women."

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Watching Shep on FOX.

Hairless little kittens with sharp claws.....

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by macman

It's actually human nature to lie, but that has nothing to do with the point behind this particular Libya lie.

edit on 10-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

While, I do agree to an extent.
It is human nature to protect the thoughts opinions and theories of each of us, but, some lie to do this, some ignore and some will actually admit when wrong. You are looking at the self protection aspect with the skewed idea that lying is the only way.

And yes it does, as those in power, 0bama and others know that they screwed up, so they went into self preservation mode. Their main tool for this is to lie.

edit on 10-10-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Unfortunately, White House officials can only release information as it was released to them. If they were told at the time that there was a protest, then they have to go with what they know to be true.

People often assume there is this ONE ENTIRE thing called "government" and those people often lump it into "their good guys" who agree with them and they voted for and "everyone else."

There are factions and alliances -- the government is a collection of people.

Personally, I think the CIA and Pentagon should be disbanded, and chipped and never allowed in any form of power ever again. Start over with people of integrity who do things like collect intelligence and prevent wars. What we have is too corrupt and has too many compromised allegiances.

Seriously, when was the last time anyone heard of either the CIA or Pentagon PREVENTING something bad from happening? Sure they might have bad PR -- but whenever we look under the covers, they are causing something, or "oops" they have their one training exercise in 10 years to stop a plane crashing into a building exactly when planes are crashing into buildings and they ignored a few dozen warnings from their own intelligence agents.

Obama isn't sitting down there in Libya, is he? So he's got to depend on people who need to be fired.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
No!
No!
No!

Nancy Pelosi promised me the most ethical adminitration, TRANSPARENT administration in US history!!!

The current administration is like George Washington and never lied!!!!!!

Worry not...they'll be rolling her out of her crypt to make a statement on this debacle soon.....

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Both are controlled more or less by the President in power.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I honestly don't think there are enough people, nor ABC agencies, to wipe this mess off his shoes....he stepped in it, big time.

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

DVr the clips of them saying "the administration acted stupidly".

No wait that is what ATS is for.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm not looking at it through any perspective. People lie for all sorts of reasons. Hence why I asked, what was the point of them lying? ie. the motivation behind it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
OK

Let's just agree to disagree on the Mormon issue -- it really isn't helping this discussion. I just didn't want GoGo to have to take the beat down alone when I feel the same.

ON TOPIC:

I think Obama's people let that embasy down. Why? I'm not entirely sure. I do know that arming or providing intel to factions in the Middle East is a piss-poor policy that should be ended.

There have been many discussions about regime change on another popular social website, and the conclusion and consensus seems to be that it's a risky and tricky business.

What I don't understand about Romney's "plan" (if you can even call it that :puz
is wanting to arm the Syrian rebels. I have at *least* 5 MSM sources in which various credible claim Al-Qaeda forces have infliltrated the rebellion.

Wait...so we want to give support to a rebel cause that has elements of an enemy we've been spending billions on eradicating for over a decade?

Now, on the flip side -- Obama's policy hasn't done much of anything except increase drone strikes and keep us locked up in wars the public doesn't want. Doesn't sound like a good foreign policy to me?

In other words, Romney = more aid, more potential terrorists with our own weapons later. Obama = just kind of keep doing the drone strikes, ignoring the real problems and hope it all works out.

To me neither side have a firm grasp on the full complexity of the region, and I don't trust either of them to keep America safe.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What was the point of lying? So stupid.

Because it is 0bama's nature to lie.
And, the nature of Govt to lie as well.

Gotta protect us from everything and ourselves.
They have lied about everything else, why not lie about this?

Except that they were not protecting "us" from anything. They were protecting themselves. They hung our ambassador out to dry, I am not sure exactly why, but it seems he was a a sacrificial victim and expendable, at least in their eyes.
There is much more to this than we are aware of. The truth must be ferreted out. It is clear that we cannot count on the administration to tell the truth about this matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

what was the point of them lying? ie. the motivation behind it.

Yes, that is what I took your question to mean.

There must be some reason.
Pathologic liars will lie for no reason, but this is a Presidential Administration lying in a concerted effort.

There is a reason, but what is it?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Watching Shep on FOX.

Hairless little kittens with sharp claws.....

Des

Momma must have kicked him last night with her little Jimmy-legs!

Shep is usually the token sane person on Fox -- which kind of lets you know how low the bar is on that network.

>> The obvious reason that the story is changing now is because the administration was LIED TO, and now they are investigating. But the heat goes on them. We need to know if there was a warning, who pulled away security, and who is either making the administration look bad or conducting a CYA policy.

Fox has been doing nothing but spreading misinformation and suddenly, they are shocked and appalled that someone misinformed them! It's like their war on muppets, because they don't want any competition in the empty puppets spreading propaganda to the people business.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
In my line of work, something happens downrange, say Kabul, and someone in DC needs to know about it, I get a call. an encrypted email, I gather information and encrypt the data, and send it to DC.

Takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Depends on the size of the info.

So the Obama administration is telling us that they didn't the information for days and/or weeks???

The Commander-in-Chief can't get a frickin' MEMO for almost a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "leader" of the most meanest, bad-assed, aggressive, bomb-'em 'till they drop COUNTRY ON THE PLANET, can't get a %#^@%$%$^&@#%#

EMAIL?

Bull-stinky-mess!
(sorry for the swears)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yes, that is what I took your question to mean.

There must be some reason.
Pathologic liars will lie for no reason, but this is a Presidential Administration lying in a concerted effort.

There is a reason, but what is it?

There was no REASON for the Obama administration to lie -- they just repeated what they were told. Now them might have told someone to LIE to them -- but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

And where is the advantage for the President in this attack? Or letting it happen? If you'll notice, all of APAC and the NeoCons are flocking around Romney and that's the biggest group that promotes war efforts in the Middle East.

So is this wishful thinking, or are you trying to say that the Obama administration wants to get into a shooting war when they're on the uphill side of the rabid dogs trying to get us into a shooting war again?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by macman

No I went to sites like Carm and other ones that have nothing to do with it to tell YOU. You weren't understanding it from my own words so I found scripture and official stances to prove it to you.

Now you are the one dragging it on. And still being wrong about it. I mean you must really have a lot invested in believing Romney is Christian (when he is not) or you yourself are Mormon and having a faith crisis.
edit on 10-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Romney's religious beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with Obama lying about why the ambassador was killed on the anniversary of 911. Zero, Nada, Ziltch!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Politics when something goes good that reflects good on the adminstration they take credit for it.

When something goes bad they blame other things (Bush,film,etc).

Its obvious that the current administrations put their own political ambitions above this country that led to 4 American deaths in Libya.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

In my line of work, something happens downrange, say Kabul, and someone in DC needs to know about it, I get a call. an encrypted email, I gather information and encrypt the data, and send it to DC.

Takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Depends on the size of the info.

So the Obama administration is telling us that they didn't the information for days and/or weeks???

The Commander-in-Chief can't get a frickin' MEMO for almost a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "leader" of the most meanest, bad-assed, aggressive, bomb-'em 'till they drop COUNTRY ON THE PLANET, can't get a %#^@%$%$^&@#%#

EMAIL?

Bull-stinky-mess!
(sorry for the swears)

If you are encrypting FALSE information, or anonymous sources or covert sources (who cannot be named) are given FALSE information -- than it doesn't matter about the speed of the internet. Someone has to be flown down to you to interrogate you, and then interrogate the people you reference and their might be dozens involved in contact with a possible hundred or more.

You almost sounded like someone who knew something for a second about intelligence. As if there weren't people who lied all the time in your business.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join