It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really was in Room 101?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world. "
George Orwell, 1984

Would you like to learn what really happened in Room 101? If you do, here is the forbidden knowledge directly from Goldstein.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
WTF is room 101? I have never heard of it.. How about some background information?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Room 101 is from the novel 1984

It is supposed to hold your deepest darkest fear I believe

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
reply to post by DarknStormy

I was thinking a haunted room in a Hotel or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
WTF is room 101? I have never heard of it.. How about some background information?

You should read 1984, it should be required reading for any ats member

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Whatever you dont want it to be...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

I believe it holds complete immorality - that you could kill your own mother, steal food from a baby's mouth, and other perverted sexual things I'm not going to write. Torture another who is innocent.

Become Lucifer yourself.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

or just watch the movie if your one of those lazy people who wants to cut corners and end up with a totally different perspective on a story then was actually intended, (movies from books are always so different then actually reading the book)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Whatever you dont want it to be...

Exactly. The Powers physically and mentally tortured you to the point that you were no longer who you thought you were. The hero of 1984 was afraid of rats and in the end he begged The Powers to turn the rats on to his girlfriend and let them eat her face rather than his. That was his breaking point into their insanity.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

And what in real life had inspired it? Anne Boleyn trial?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here's what Wikipedia has on the subject.

Room 101

Room 101 is a place introduced in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. It is a torture chamber in the Ministry of Love in which the Party attempts to subject a prisoner to his or her own worst nightmare, fear or phobia.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
forget whats in room 101, scariest part of the movie was seeing john hurt naked!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by simus

I think it was influenced by Stalin.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by simus

I think it was influenced by Stalin.

Not just you. If you make an internet search for relevant keywards you will find hundreds of thousand articles equating Big Brother with Stalin. I'll give few examples

Orwell did not write his book in a vacuum. 1984 describes the Soviet Union (the book describes Stalinist Russia so well so that subjects of that evil empire wondered when Orwell had lived there, though he had just described what he saw from the outside.)

www.americanthinker.com...

Compare 1984 to USSR or Germany?
I have a report due comparing Orwell's 1984 to either Stalin and his USSR, or Hitler, and his Nazi party. I need to use 3 examples of how the 2 are similar. Wondering who you think would be better to compare. Also what would the best examples be, and if you have any good sources, I would really appreciate it, as the report is due in 2 days. Pls help!!! Thanks.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
1984 is an allegory for the Soviet Union. Definitely go with that one.

answers.yahoo.com...

In addition, the Wikipedia article on Goldstein has Trotsky photo in it.

Now, after the connection of 1984 to Stalinist Soviet Union is well established, please answer me what it is? A lie?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Exactly. The Powers physically and mentally tortured you to the point that you were no longer who you thought you were. The hero of 1984 was afraid of rats and in the end he begged The Powers to turn the rats on to his girlfriend and let them eat her face rather than his. That was his breaking point into their insanity.

But in reality it turned out to be very different, right?

new topics

top topics

join