It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Man Arrested At LAX With Weapons, Body Armor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

boston.cbslocal.com

In his luggage, they found a smoke grenade, three leather-coated Billy clubs, a collapsible baton, a full-face respirator, various knives, a hatchet, body bags, a biohazard suit, handcuffs, leg irons and a device to repel dogs.

Harris was wearing a bulletproof vest and flame retardant pants. The 28-year-old lives in Boston, but has recently been working in Japan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
are we missing anybody from the 'survival' branch?
i have most of this stuff in my bugout bag.
guess when you actually don it and go out in public one sure does sound like a nutjob.
places to avoid while carrying your bugout bag.........airports.
hmmm,,,,,,maybe should avoid federal building, campaign speeches...........schools?

boston.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i wear flame retardant pant's. i'm not crazy.
they compliment my figure.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't have a bug out bag so ill be the guy that sees this as a wtf moment. Yes, this guy could very well be dangerous but the question is what the hell was he thinking? You don't have a problem with someone boarding a plane in a post 9/11 America with weapons, smoke grenades, & body armor? TSA, need I say more? No mention he's in law enforcement so why did he think boarding a plane like this is okay?
edit on 9-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I wonder what this shill has caused for the rest of us.
Luggage to be kept to a certain size?
More advanced scanners?
Gropings by tsa agents to be intensified?

We'll see, but I doubt this guy was just a dumbass that was caught.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
sure, lots to question here.
i found this part odd.

TextLOS ANGELES (CBS) – A Boston man was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport wearing body armor and carrying a significant cache of weapons. On Friday, Yongda Huang Harris was on his way from Japan to Boston when customs agents stopped him.

lack of security in japan, or maybe it's no big deal?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I wonder if we'll be seeing an official statement from the Japanese Gov't about this? Or maybe it really is no big deal......to ninjas!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wonder if it would you would be pulled from a flight for wearing body armor. Would make a funny court room discussion.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like any of those items are particularly illegal. Granted I wouldn't feel comfortable being on a plane with the guy but assuming he wasn't making threats or associated with known terror ists then he must either be an idiot, or a plant. I have a hard time thinking it was all an accident though.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Sorry for being ignorant.
What part of this is illegal?
I mean this is my grocery gettin getup.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

It'd be more shocking if he wasn't arrested.

Guys who travel with cuffs, leg-irons and billy-clubs are bad mojo.

Put it another way...if some dude wanted to shackle you up...would the clubs be for tickling? The knives for aesthetics? The guy sure sounds like a torture-killer or a moron who took Mad Max too seriously.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It'd be more shocking if he wasn't arrested.
reply to post by Kandinsky

Arrested for what?
That is what i'm wondering?

...This just in if you have been perceived to have bad mojo? by others ,then you are less of a human being by the standards of the rest of us and are no longer subject to any rights that those of us that can fit the bill regardless of intentions.

I wonder where intent comes into play in today's justice system?

edit on 9-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
meh ..

he's just a plant to further the purpose..

and yes.. I'm dead serious.. but, there could be another side to it as well..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah, but did he have the most dangerous, the most insidious and frightening weapon of all.................................................a pocket Constitution?

Such a thing would make FOX news and other MSM crap themselves..

edit on 9-10-2012 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

He's facing these charges >

The LAPD bomb squad determined that the smoke grenade fell under the United Nations’ explosives shipping classification, meaning it is prohibited on board passenger aircraft.

Harris faces one count of transporting hazardous materials. The charge carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison.

At the very least, it's reasonable to satisfy concerns *why* the man had leg irons and body-bags. I usually travel with music, toothbrush and a magazine...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Gotcha thanks.
No smoke grenades on a plane.
It really makes sense.
That still leaves that intent ? that is the backbone of all actions.
Maybe we shall see in the future the intent of this suspected terrorist if any.

New headline... Boston man arrested with smoke grande! U.s. ask why the smoke grandees sir?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

boston.cbslocal.com

In his luggage, they found a smoke grenade, three leather-coated Billy clubs,...
Anybody know the purpose of the leather covering or "coating?" on the billy clubs? Wouldn't the club inflict more damage without it? I tried to Google the purpose of the covering and only learned that it's common, but I still don't understand why uncovered wouldn't make a better weapon?

I'm not sure if I interpreted the article correctly, but it sounds like the only thing authorities had a problem with was the smoke grenade, because that's the only thing he was charged with. I think the other stuff would be legal if it's not in a carry-on but instead is in checked baggage.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It seems to be only a smoke granade off from a kinky carry-on.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The leather thing sounds sorta showy and so do the numbers. A working club wouldn't have anything on it that could absorb blood and start to stink. Batons are made to be washable.

The CBP agent had "noticed that Harris was wearing body armor (including a bulletproof vest, flame-retardant legging covers, and knee pads), underneath a trench coat.
link

Trenchcoats and armour? Could be a guy with a rich fantasy life...or an Aurora killer in waiting?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

to reduce the lethal aspect while maintaining the concussion ability it's intended to have. these type of weapons are meant to be used by police officers, not a blunt weapon ready to smash and kill.
also leather is less likely to bruise or cut the skin therefore leaving less visible marks.

rubber was the main substitute for leather, but in colder climates what is soft rubber becomes pretty solid aswell, this does not happen with leather.

moral of the story: it's alright for police to beat up people as long as they don't kill them or leave too many visible marks.

you would be surprised with the ways police officers learn to inflict pain without leaving a mark, from kicking you with thick blankets to punching you through a phone book.

and i was told this by an officer himself after i told him i did not know what he wanted to know and i wasn't gonna start knowing it just because he might beat me up, this after his interrogation tactic became putting his tac gloves on trying to scare me.

police logic and investigation rely alot on physical coercion and covert violence or fear induction.

but when you're innocent you have nothing to fear

<<   2  3 >>

join