It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am dyng, slowly, and I have decided I want to become a ghost.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not a mean, throwing blood on the walls, inconveniencing the passers by, pea suop vomiting, ugly, stalking, throwing things ghost, but a nice ghost. Hum gershwin in the halls, play ACDC in the attic,lose small objects and then sneak them back to were there were just half a minute before. Talk to babies and make them laugh and talk to dogs and make them bark and just make cats piss off. (Okay there may be some shower voyeur as well. In general a jolly, protective and encouraging ghost.

How can I achieve this?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You can achieve this by dying.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
well, i don't like what you said about cat's. cat's are people too.
don't you think it would be insanely boring to be a ghost?
i think i'd rather be worm food.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Cats are people too????

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

uh huh.

link   
You could achieve it by sticking around after you die. The real question is, when it happens, will you still do it? Think about it. Being a ghost would be kind of a dull life. Oh, sure, you could peek in on what people are doing, be a voyeur, for example. But given you can't participate, that would be a drag and would get old in a hurry.

And most people would be scared x-less of you, so it's not as if they wanted you around much. You might find a friendly medium, but I guarantee they'll try to take advantage of you for their own gain. Then, you're in the same old place where no one will pay any attention to you. You want to haunt an old house? Why? Maybe if you had enough energy to open the books and read them, but alas. That's the rub. It would be difficult to influence the physical world. Frustrating, even.

So what's your alternative? Go for the light. It will be more interesting. Lots of people to meet and stuff to learn.

I predict you won't do it when the time comes.

link   
I think what sort of a ghost you will be depends on what sort of person you are while alive....so if you are a merry prankster now, I bet you will be in death as well. Good luck with that, and if you ever get bored, come hang out with me.....I'll be haunting somewhere in the Atlantic, and I am sure I will need a bit of cheering up! The world needs more fun lovin specters

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
You could achieve it by sticking around after you die. The real question is, when it happens, will you still do it? Think about it. Being a ghost would be kind of a dull life. Oh, sure, you could peek in on what people are doing, be a voyeur, for example. But given you can't participate, that would be a drag and would get old in a hurry.

And most people would be scared x-less of you, so it's not as if they wanted you around much. You might find a friendly medium, but I guarantee they'll try to take advantage of you for their own gain. Then, you're in the same old place where no one will pay any attention to you. You want to haunt an old house? Why? Maybe if you had enough energy to open the books and read them, but alas. That's the rub. It would be difficult to influence the physical world. Frustrating, even.

So what's your alternative? Go for the light. It will be more interesting. Lots of people to meet and stuff to learn.

I predict you won't do it when the time comes.

Oh, you are probably right, but the joker side of me would
Like to have a go at being a mischievous spirit, like a house sprite. Do something helpful like wash the dishes and then do something funny like short sheet the beds,

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
I think what sort of a ghost you will be depends on what sort of person you are while alive....so if you are a merry prankster now, I bet you will be in death as well. Good luck with that, and if you ever get bored, come hang out with me.....I'll be haunting somewhere in the Atlantic, and I am sure I will need a bit of cheering up! The world needs more fun lovin specters
It's a date then, I'll bring the holly jollies and the spectral mead.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
How can I achieve this?

If I understand correctly, you are more likely to become a ghost and stick around if you die in gruesome horrible unexpected circumstances, without having time to come to peace with your situation or those people around you.

Is there any way I could help with this?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
Cats are people too????

YES

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Best tile I have ever seen!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Cool....maybe we can think of some fun pranks to pull on passing airplanes and ships...nothing that could cause an accident but something that might get us in the newspapers or on ATS threads!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It seems to me that your op would be popular among ghosts if possible.
I think it is more likely that you would find yourself governed by a whole new set of rules that would only be broken by some form of hate that results in growing your evil ways and that simple rule breaking would not get you closer to the love that is needed to progress into salvation.

Maybe being a funny guy/girl is just not an option if you find yourself in another realm.
It to fits the documented experiences humans have had so far.
Perhaps there is a system in the afterlife that only allows for severe hate or severe love and acttions that stem from one or the other.
edit on 9-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by c_sautter

I would say that the best and closest thing you can do to be a jolly ghost or at least the shadow of a ghost to come(more like a Gaurdian angel) is to do kind deeds for your fellow brothers and sisters and not let them find out that you did it.

For instance, when a bum is sleeping, you could sneek a case of snapples where he lies so that when he wakes up he'll be full of glee.

Off Topic: NavyDoc, I have been trying to send you a message but I don't know how. I need your advice on the navy if you would be so kind to help me out. I saw some of your posts on some abortion thread and you were saying that you were a Doc, I need some advice man. Let me know please.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OKThunder
reply to post by c_sautter

I would say that the best and closest thing you can do to be a jolly ghost or at least the shadow of a ghost to come(more like a Gaurdian angel) is to do kind deeds for your fellow brothers and sisters and not let them find out that you did it.

For instance, when a bum is sleeping, you could sneek a case of snapples where he lies so that when he wakes up he'll be full of glee.

Off Topic: NavyDoc, I have been trying to send you a message but I don't know how. I need your advice on the navy if you would be so kind to help me out. I saw some of your posts on some abortion thread and you were saying that you were a Doc, I need some advice man. Let me know please.

You can do a U2U message. Go to the left, under my avatar, there is a drop down menu. One is message user.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
reply to post by NavyDoc

Cool....maybe we can think of some fun pranks to pull on passing airplanes and ships...nothing that could cause an accident but something that might get us in the newspapers or on ATS threads!

That would be fun. Some "Yo,ho,ho and a bottle of rum shenanigans.!"

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by NavyDoc
How can I achieve this?

If I understand correctly, you are more likely to become a ghost and stick around if you die in gruesome horrible unexpected circumstances, without having time to come to peace with your situation or those people around you.

Is there any way I could help with this?

Only if it is done in a comical way, to be in keeping with the theme. Drowing in a vat of beer? Exploding birthday cake?

top topics

join