It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CEO Who Built Himself America’s Largest House Just Threatened to Fire His Employees if Obama�

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am poor as dirt.. but If I were in his place I would take my money and go home.. hell with the taxes and all of the govt.. regulations.. I/he would have enough money to live on.. why would he need to subsidize his employees,,, Let Obama do that .. he is handing out chit right and left. they will be Just fine....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps hunting the 1% that create jobs like it's a national sport IS NOT the best way to accomplish economic recover, but that's just me. Killing the very goose that produces the golden egg seems...short sighted in a terminal way.
Food for thought , no doubt.
But what this Pinhead NEEDS to remember,is that it is people, like his very employees, who buy his Products.
In a Economy that depends on 70% Consumer Consumption, CEO's like this are Killing The Golden Goose Buyers.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am not familiar with this company to know if he treats his employees fairly. But if he does, I do not begrudge him his success one bit. As long as he is getting rich honestly, through hard work, and not taking advantage of his employees, then there is nothing wrong with that. This is the American dream, and it is starting to slip away. People should have the right to work hard, and if successful, get what they earned.

I will add a disclaimer right here that I do not hold strongly to either party. I have voted both ways in the past. I voted for O last time. I have been disappointed, and was undecided this time around. The recent debate swayed my opinion in another direction. But - the whole matter of the government taking more from those who earned what they have, honestly through hard work, just makes no economic or moral sense.

I do think this man has some good points. What right does the government have to take it away if someone works for it, at a much higher rate than others?

These are the kind of people who create businesses that keep the rest of us employed. I am just one of the working stiffs out there working for a paycheck, but I do see how hard those who run businesses work.

I have family members who do that - work hard constantly to keep their business going. I see them try so hard to make ends meet during slow times so that they can keep all of their employees employed with hope that things will pick up.

I also see the management of my own company doing that. The president of my company sends emails anytime 24/7 and works very hard to keep things afloat. I see his constant struggle to keep insurance benefits for employees as rates skyrocket, and his struggle to meet the growing demands of taxes and government regulation. He lives in a big house, but I really feel he earned it. He also cares about his employees.

These business owners are the ones who keep this country going. They will help the economy by employing more people, not by giving away most of what they earned as hand-outs.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

I can relate to anyone who is sick of being told what is RIGHT and what I should do and WHO I should do it with.. I think anyone who has the money should keep it and NO I DO NOT think they have to share.. I am poor but I do not care what the next guy has if he earned it so be it.. I could have gone to college if I wanted to but I did not want to .. I am happy being poor.. I do not care.. Your cash level does not show your happiness level. I do NOT like being told what to do.. I would move somewhere. And Let the Govt.. take care of them, Fire them all they can then get paychecks from the govt.. and food stamps, OH YEH and Obama care.. they will be better off, and will not even have to get up and go to work anymore.. Look at the stress level you are alleviating for them.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I suspect the authenticity of this article. but assuming it to be factually true, for the sake of argument....

What a friendly way to extort your employees into voting your politics. What a nice way of saying "Do whatever you want, but unless I get MY way, you will all pay..."

If I worked for this guy I'd be sending out resume's and the second I go a nibble about a job? I'd tell this dude off and quite possibly punch him in the face.

Oligarchy in action. A flagrant statement of "You work for me and I can control your voting habits through coercion and direct threat."

And, before anyone jumps up to defend this guy, his entire concept ( assuming the article is accurate ) is predicated upon total assumption of outcome. He has no proof that Mitt Romney will fix the economy or that Barack Obama will make it any worse. All he currently has to go on are campaign promises - and we all know how binding those are.

I reiterate. I would PUNCH this guy for thinking he could financially extort away my freedom of choice.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This man has worked his ass off to achieve success. This fellow has a multi-million dollar company with multi-million dollar expenses, taxes, payrolls and inventory. He has been forced to cut back building his home, business and personal life to keep people employed. What make you think he isn't telling the truth that Obamanomics is destroying and will destroy is business? He isn't threatening to fire everyone. He is telling them there is a possibility some of them will lose their jobs if Obama is allowed to continue his policy of "social justice".

Some threaten violence against this man because he wants to spend his earnings as he sees fit and be able to increase his business and therefore increase his employee pool (jobs). To call this man names is simply putting yourself out there as jealous of other people's success without being willing to put out the same effort with the same risks.

Why is is greed to want to keep what you earned and is not greed to want to take from someone else for your own purpose?

edit on 9-10-2012 by Nite_wing because: I'm old and can't remember.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

To call this man names is simply putting yourself out there as jealous of other people's success.
The Man is BLACKMAILING his Employees.

What is next, Offering to BUY Their Votes?

I will be glad when this Election is over and the Rombots reclaim their Brains!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

ex·tor·tion[ ik stáwrsh'n ]
ex·tor·tions Plural
NOUN
1. criminal law obtaining something by illegal threats: the crime of obtaining something such as money or information from somebody by using force, threats, or other unacceptable methods
2. charging of unfairly high prices: the charging of an excessive amount of money for something ( informal )
3. getting something by force: the acquisition of something through the use of force or threats

Synonyms: coercion, pressure, blackmail, threats, squeezing, exaction, force, shakedown

Source

Yeah, I've got a lot of sympathy for bullies. As for jealousy about his wealth? I could care less about it. His tramping on the rights of others being excused because he's rich? Not a chance.

If he has to downsize at some future point? That's life. It happens. But this? This is voter intimidation.

From the OP article:

The Florida-based Westgate Resorts is not a public company. It is the domain of David Siegel, a staunch Republican. In fact, Siegel has publicly claimed credit for George W. Bush defeating Al Gore, saying "I had my managers do a survey on every employee [8,000 total]. If they liked Bush, we made them register to vote. But not if they liked Gore."

Yup, this is exactly what the framers had in mind. Please.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Why not? Obama is buying votes with free cell phones.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Where is the extortion precisely in the letter?

Is that quote from BING? C'mon.

My Black's Law Dictionary is upstairs.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Nite_wing because: I'm tired and a bit stupid.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Why not? Obama is buying votes with free cell phones.

Incorrect. But if we want to put a label upon the Universal Service Administration Company and the legislation that created it, then we need to be accurate.... they are Reaganphones.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't think he is just threatening. I think he is just laying out the truth.

Management of companies really do feel under the gun, and feel pushed to make a decision to downsize just to keep going. What do you think has been going on all over this country to cause this unemployment situation? Companies do often end up closing or downsizing in this economy.

This guy says " If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."

How many presidents of companies all over the country have to make these decisions, but just do not state it in advance like this? They really are in this position. They are forced to pay tremendous increases in medical insurance benefits, so they end up decreasing their work force. They are facing competition from companies that are paying a cheap work force in other countries, so they end up laying off or closing down. If they are taxed to the point that they can not put money back into the company, they are going to close the business down.

I don't think this guy is feeding anyone a line.
edit on 10/9/12 by BlueAjah because: clarified benefits as medical insurance

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Last attempt at Reason.

Lets say Romney does well , but falls short and is not Elected.

Is it right that these Thousands of Employees should lose their Livelyhood , because of How OTHER People Voted?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

To All My Valued Employees,

As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best...

...So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company. Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.

So, when you make your decision to vote, ask yourself, which candidate understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of protecting and saving your job. While the media wants to tell you to believe the "1 percenters" are bad, I'm telling you they are not. They create most of the jobs. If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the "1%"; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country.

OP Source

FTR It appears this is legit as both CNN and NBC are reporting it.

The difference of an MSM carrier reporting it? Liability. A blogger doesn't have a team of lawyers worried about libel - networks do.

Now as to the specific part about extortion:

"The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose," the letter reads.

emphasis mine

He undermines his own "excuse" in a single sentence. It's not about the economy. It's about who wins the Presidency. IN HIS OWN WORDS.

~Heff

edit on 10/9/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm wondering what the intimidation and blackmail is people are seeing here? Is he pressuring a bit? Hell yeah he is and it's his company to do it with. Unlike a Priest, HE can't be told he can't speak a political opinion.

Did people bitch when Ted Turner was quoted coming onto the CNN Newsroom floor and making comments about "Jesus Freaks" among his MANY reported statements among HIS employees at the time? Pressure there was anything but subtle in many ways....but..fair game too. His company, his rules....and one could work for Fox if they didn't like it. (See Glenn Beck..lol)

If he were directly threatening the jobs of individuals in any way and particularly, based on their political beliefs or vote, I'd say it wouldn't simply be wrong it would be actionable under Federal Code and in more than one area of it.

In that vein...I'm REAL leery on this statement of targeting the voter registration of his employees based on political belief. I have NO clue what law is for that when it's 100% private citizens among other private citizens and no one is directly being DIS-invited...just targeted for INVITE to register based that way. Hmm... That is the only part I saw which left me .....questionable. It'd do MORE than just piss me off if, by contrast, I worked for a largely Democrat run company and was excluded, by name, from a voter drive because I didn't love their guy.

Outside of that though, this is a company owner voicing his opinion and encouragement to follow it and 'here are the reasons I think my business might be badly hurt otherwise..'. Does ANYONE think for an instant that CEO's and power players on the left hesitate to voice their opinions and make sure it's known up and down the organizations they operate? All's fair on it, and I don't suggest they can't too....

It's free speech after all, until an individual has something harmed or taken from them and I didn't see anything like that here? Not directly and not said by him, to them that if they don't (insert the action he'd be demanding) then (insert bad thing) will be done to them.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You will have to ask Obama that question.

If a person cannot stay in business, I guess the only resort is to open a green energy company and get a couple million from Obama then let it fail and scram with the dough that came from either China or the taxpayers.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i wonder what he'd do if Virgil Goode won via write-in ???

ya gotta love the tunnel vision of those turning a profit in this Obamanomic climate

is the disconnect sooooo severe that even the most capable will lose all motivations ??

link   

The phones sure bought Cleveland. You've seen the video.
Are you telling me she isn't speaking for all those people waiting to drive by?

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

"You give them Eyes o Lord, but they cannot see"

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for you to show me the extortion clause.
That wasn't it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join