It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CEO Who Built Himself America’s Largest House Just Threatened to Fire His Employees if Obama�

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So, here is a very good example of what you lot have been conned into supporting.

gawker.com... flow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

You are all true patriots let me tell you! If only our forfathers could see you all they would be proud! That or they would give up in there tracks.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Oct 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
No summary?!
Uggggggh. I guess I will click the link.
Ehhhh, I gotta poop first.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

The Guy is a Jerk.

Even Romney supporters will agree to this.

He is bullying his employees, They should call a Laywer, maybe the Employees will end up sitting under a Palm Tree.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
So even though this man's company is still thriving under Obama, he is going to threaten his employees in an effort to persuade their votes on election day?

Ok, well I guess this shows that just because you're rich and can create a prosperous business does not mean you are smart!

I hope he walks into the office someday and hears the crickets chirping. His employees deserve better than to be intimidated into voting a certain way.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The man has some good points. I didn't realize Westgate was 100% private and actually run by the guy who started the company. How unusual a thing to still see among the Corp world today. Everything seems to be shareholders and loyalty to the almighty dollar above, beyond and at the direct expense of everything else. Indeed...

Well, his business, his work to make it and his blood, sweat and tears to keep it going. He's also dead on accurate on something else. As the owner, whatever he makes, he EARNS. When I owned by own truck I grossed over $200,000 a year. Gross... Now my net income was closer to $35,000 and of that? Hell..I think I got to actually feel and handle 1/4 of that. For that? I can relate as I read his words.... No kidding. Company drivers got to the yard, parked the companies truck and went home. Owners went home and spent the whole time off at least partially in the truck..thinking of that weird noise from the last trip, or the fuel mileage being off...of an in-frame service needing done soon...

Hell, if he chooses to pull the plug, that's up to him too. He lived it for over 40 years. Such is life when the man who made the company is still standing as the man to un-make it, if he so desires.

Perhaps hunting the 1% that create jobs like it's a national sport IS NOT the best way to accomplish economic recover, but that's just me. Killing the very goose that produces the golden egg seems...short sighted in a terminal way.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I would like to say so, but i have seen many on the right attempt to defend it in other forums. So testing here.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, you can relate to the man who can afford everything?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You see, I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, so will your opportunities. If that happens, you can find me in the Caribbean sitting on the beach, under a palm tree, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea and is absolutely his choice to make - If this is even real memo (questionable) ...

edit on 9-10-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This is the third such CEO memo I've read about this week. All of them have this implied threat that jobs will be lost if Obama is re-elected. All of them have this tone of how they personally held on by a thread, sacrificing their blood sweat and tears and managed against all odds to come out better despite Obama.

I'm thinking Heritage Foundation or some such sent out a blueprint to Republican CEO's.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't really surprise me if something like this were real, but for the time being I'm calling bull.

As the article explains, there was a fake chain letter that went out last election, supposedly written by Siegel on this exact same topic. That letter was proved a fake. This NEW letter is almost exactly word for word the same.

GAWKER claims they talked to Siegel on the phone and he confirmed the NEW letter's authenticity, stating that he used the fake chain letter as a "guideline"?

C'mon. Thats a tough pill to swallow.
edit on 9-10-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, you can relate to the man who can afford everything?

I can relate on a RADICALLY different scale of economics, what it means to dedicate every waking hour at SOME level to a business which never..ever...gives a day off. When you own it, it owns you and whoever you thought you were married to?...They become a mistress to the real spouse. The business.

The fact this man started small and about the same position many of us are in today....and did FAR FAR better in his efforts than I did in mine..doesn't mean I should have the right to begrudge him that success. Any one of us would damn sure enjoy his position if WE worked a lifetime to get there and sacrificed MOST of what makes a life meaningful to accomplish it.

yeah... I absolutely CAN relate to a man who gave all...being told HE didn't make it...and by the way, here is what we figure is owed because you didn't have the good graces to fail like so many others.

When did success in this nation become a 'crime' to be financially penalized and punished for? THAT is wrong on every level.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

He isn't wrong Obama's policies suck for jobs and the little people, but so do Romneys both sides of the same coin if you ask me. He fails to mention what his "garage" business was (NOT likely travel or even at all related to what he owns now). What's the big secret huh? I bet he'd sell it to us, that's typical. He also fails to provide how much of his money it took to start the business in his garage. Would like much more background information. But still I stick by what I say neither presidential candidate is good for our economic instability.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Google news search, its real.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

This man is not a little person, paying taxes will not stop him from taking multiple vacations a year.. Paying taxes and being an American will not stop him from leasing the family multiple luxury cars a year. Paying his taxes will not really effect him and the status he holds. Oh but he might make you and me pay while he lives it up in his beyond rich lifestyle..

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This is the third such CEO memo I've read about this week. All of them have this implied threat that jobs will be lost if Obama is re-elected. All of them have this tone of how they personally held on by a thread, sacrificing their blood sweat and tears and managed against all odds to come out better despite Obama.

I'm thinking Heritage Foundation or some such sent out a blueprint to Republican CEO's.

I don't know what's going on, but all of the business owners I run around with don't give a damn who is in office. They are intelligent people and know that things will not change with Romney, except Romney will spend a lot of money to redecorate the White House when he is inaugurated.

This is nothing more than purely partisan politics and this man is using his status to push his own agenda. I would never....let me repeat.....NEVER think of firing my employees just because of the political environment!

If business is bad...I may have to lay off a few. If business is good but Obama is in office? I keep on trucking.

If this man fires people after Obama is elected I would have to question his intelligence and business acumen.
edit on 9-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

link   

I was just saying though that what I got from the letter was he was speaking of the bad policies of OBAMA and I agree with that. No it might really not affect him too much, but it still will and it may come to the point where his company won't pull in as much money (and new tax laws means expanding the accountant department or training them on the new laws) I agree he probably won't suffer and he could stand to take in less money, but I understand these people are addicted to money in the way I am addicted to cigarettes. They need help. They need to hit rock bottom which they make damn well sure they never do, so wihtout intervention, they will never change. People still don't recognize it as an addiction, so it's likely never to be settled. So all I can feel is sorry for him.

link   
Why is this guy mad if his company is profiting greatly under Obama?

He is a greedy douche......You can't intimidate employees to vote a certain way...what a tyrant.

Hope he goes personally bankrupt

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Off topic: That may be the largest house in America, but it's also the ugliest pile of bricks imaginable. Goes to show that good taste can't be bought.

On his letter, it's coercion plain and simple. Telling your employees and everyone you know to vote for Romney or yer outa here and looking for a job.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yes many people steal from others to support their addiction I have to agree it is tyrannous.
But when it's a methhead it is dealt with legally...unfortunately the government has no way to deal legally with monetary addiction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join