It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BL] Post your ideas in one place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I thought it would be a good idea to put all theories and ideas for cracking black labyrinth in one place, so we can work on a solution together.

Here are some of my inital ideas, I am thinking aloud here

U N U S I N F I N I T A S
D E N Y I G N O R A N C E

Bit wierd I thought.
There are 33 gaps in the maze, possible 33rd degree link?

The bull symbol isnt only used to represent minator what about mithras and Taurus?

UNUS INFINITAS is an anagram of faustus in in in

I did a search for the words on google and kept coming up with Isaac Newton and his Principia Mathematica, he had lots of masonic connections.

Minotaur implies a duality, it was half man half beast,

Theseus was able to get out of the maze by using a ball of string given to him by Ariane and it was made by Deadalus, The guy who made a pair of wings for him and his son icarus, Nuff said. Deadlus designed the maze. Is Deadalus the key to the maze, he was a character in a James Joyce novel, Ulysses.

www.unmuseum.org...
Here is an interesting page about the history of mazes, including an italian middle ages picture of the minotaurs labyrinth looking very like the unus one.

The 'Minoan' dynasty of King Minos was called "the house of the double axe"; labrys is Greek for "double axe", but labyrinth is one of a small number of pre-greek words absorbed by classical Greek.

The term labyrinth has come to be applied to any unicursal maze of a particular circular shape. The principal two designs are the classical (illustrated here) and the medieval; although there are numerous variations, the basic shape is easily discerned. The term is often used interchangeably with maze, but a maze is a puzzle with choices of path and direction, while a unicursal labyrinth has only a single path to the centre.

These are just a few ideas, could deadlus or ariadne be the key, is it important to establish what kind of labyrinth. i have to go to bed, very tired now. Will check back later.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by bigdanprice]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
As new topics come up i will try to keep them here: randomnous.iamthecheese.com... . This served the captains well, we should learn from their example. U2U me at IgnoranceDenied.com if you have anything to add(you can u2u me here as well, but no promises ill remember to check it right away.

Good luck everyone!

---pineapple

[edit on 19-10-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

join