It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Demonic Attacks and Semi-Possession

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Calling on Jesus or whatever rligious tradition you believe sometimes works and sometimes does not.

No sane person would take on a demon in the name of Jesus without having the faith needed. You must actually have the God-given faith that your words are going to make the evil ones tremble.

There is a very GOOD reason that sometimes it works and sometimes does not as the seven sons of Sceva have shown:

Now that we have looked at several cases of demonic possession in the time of Jesus and how he handled various situations let us look at one more case showing what demons can do.

Let us go to Acts 19:13-16. “Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of [one] Sceva, a Jew, [and] chief of the priests, which did so.

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?” Here we see a mockery being made of the sons of Sceva. The demons are not in any way responding in the way the sons of Sceva expected them to.

“And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.” This is what can happen if you start messing around in something you are not ready for.

Look at this example closely. One man had an evil spirit and he overtook SEVEN of the sons of Sceva, ripped their clothes off of them and sent them out of the house naked and hurt. Now anyone knows that one normal man is not going to be able to take on 7 men at one time and send them out of a house in that condition. Only a demon could allow a person to have that kind of non human strength.

Notice that the sons of Sceva told the devils to come out “in the name of Jesus of whom Paul preaches”. These were not men who were on a “first name basis” with God, they were not followers of Jesus themselves and as a result were only copying what they had seen Paul do.

A demon is not something to be played with. Based on the examples shown here one can see that demons are real, have a great amount of power and have no respect for anyone. It is a strong and formidable enemy and before engaging in battle with one, it is necessary to make sure that you are where you need to be so you don’t end up like one of the sons of Sceva.

Demonic Spirits

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When many mediums will not dabble with it and spiritualists and occultists warn us about the dangers involved, that SAYS something:

Psychic Alan Vaughan points out the following information:

"It is significant, however, that the greatest outcry against the use of Ouijas has come from the Spiritualists [and] not the parapsychologists. In England, Spiritualist groups are petitioning to ban the sale of Ouijas as toys for children, not because of vague dangers of ‘unhealthy effects on naive, suggestible persons’--but because they fear that the children will become possessed."

Psychic / spiritist Harold Sherman, president of ESP Research Associates Foundation in Little Rock, Arkansas, agrees: "The majority who have become involved with possessive and other entities came by this experience through the ouija board."

Noted psychic researchers Ed and Lorraine Warren refer to one instance where the Ouija board was used "as little more than a joke" – and yet it led to the house becoming "infested" with evil spirits. Noted occultist Manly P. Hall founder of the Philosophical Research Society is considered as one of the leading authorities on the occult in this century. In Horizon magazine for October-December 1944, pages 76-77 he recalls:

"During the last 20-5 years I have had considerable personal experience with persons who have complicated their lives through dabbling with the Ouija board. Out of every hundred such cases, at least 95 are worse off for the experience…. I know of broken homes, estranged families,and even suicides that can be traced directly to this source."

Ed and Lorraine Warren, whom I cited above, state in their book Graveyard that (pp. 137-38):

"Ouija boards are just as dangerous as drugs. They’re not to be played with… just as parents are responsible for other aspects of the children’s lives, they should take equal care to keep the tools of the devil from their children… especially in an error when satanic cults are on the rise.

Remember: Seances and Ouija boards and other occult paraphernalia are dangerous because evil spirits often disguise themselves as your loved ones and take over your life"
(Edmond Gruss, The Ouija Board: A Doorway to the Occult)

Link

edit on 10-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I read your opening posts clear through. I have not read the responses afterwards. I believe what you say and I'm not arguing with you, but I have a different perspective that may (or may not) help you. Some of what I have to say is guesswork.

You're obviously a competent writer. That leads me to believe you have some education and may be a college graduate. If you just graduated high school and can write like that I'm very impressed. I would expect the college educated to write as well as you do, but sadly, we both know that is rarely the case. Now after graduation you went to the Big City, and there you failed, as you admitted. So what did you do? Go back to live with Mom and Dad at age 22 or 23. That had to be tough for you.

But it was also tough on your parents because they thought they had done their part, that you were emancipated on your own, and here you are back at home as an adult, depressed because of your failure, taking up space in their lives they thought they had for their own, and with what I suspect is some attitude. Maybe not a lot, but with what you say was happening to you, it had to have affected your relationship with your parents.

Here they are actually wanting you out of the house, so it's put strain on them and their own relationship. You said your Dad called you an a-hole. He's thinking, "Why doesn't this guy support himself? Why doesn't he even make the EFFORT to support himself? Here he is eating us out of house and home telling us how smart he is and he can't even get a job." You don't need to correct me if I have a little bit of this wrong. The point is that there was tension in the house. From what you said, it's obvious.

Now you report experiences, but it is interesting that these experiences are highly personal. They aren't shared. You report your own feelings. You never actually held a conversation with a demon; you just felt him "bump" into you. In other words, you had some sort of inner feeling that you have interpreted as a demon. And you have these anxiety attacks. From my perspective, you were simply going a little bit crazy at the time, having a "psychotic event." You sought help finally, were on some medication for a short while, and it appears you are cured.

You got through it. Not only that, your life improved and now you have your own place. And NOW you and your parents are "closer than ever before." Imagine that? You're supporting yourself and out of the house, and now all's well with the world. You parents are happy because now you are self-supporting and letting them live out their lives without your constant presence. And you're a lot happier for doing so.

So where you see demons, I see a guy who was under some pretty severe pressure and stress which caused physical reactions that you interpreted as demons. It's all in your worldview. Someone who did not believe in demons would take an entirely different approach to interpreting the exact same physical stimuli.

The overall result, though, is that you helped yourself and got yourself out of it. That's pretty cool. You did it. Congrats.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Halloween Copypasta ftw

www.creepypasta.com...

some good reading for the holiday

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

Thank you. There is a lot that goes on around me. You risk losing more credibility with the more you say because it's very hard for some people to believe that one person on one occasion witnessed an apparition of a diseased aunt or something, never mind that someone can see paranormal activity regularly. The further into this you go the more intriguing it becomes to those who believe (to Sensitives like us especially), but you also further alienate yourself from skeptical minds. I'd like to encourage people to open their minds more on topics like this, so perhaps this enough for now...

I would rarely like to share more, so I’m thinking that maybe later on I’ll share more experiences. For right now, I’d like to try to keep exploring/explaining this portion of my journey with people.

I just want to say that I pick up a strong spiritual balance about you. I wouldn’t mind hearing any experiences of yours, if you wouldn’t mind sharing them.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I learned to not care about the cynical people here .
I like the skeptics,
as I happen to be rather skeptical of anyone who is not me.

Skeptics have their place.
It is the cynical people who hide under the disguise of skepticism that bugs me.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Despite how horrible this particular experience was, I am fascinated in the paranormal and being in a paranormal investigation would be a lot of fun to me. If I ever met anyone who I could assist or learn from in an investigation, I'd certainly want to tag along and see how they operate. I'm not a disciplined psychic however, as I've rarely practiced with my perceptions (mostly I just perceive things incidentally or by accident), so I'm not sure how much use I'd be, other than to just generally sense a consciousness or a demonic presence. Being a Sensitive, of course this would also be dangerous for me, although I believe I have learned how to defend myself. It would be interesting to see how these investigators really work.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Before I start this post I just wanted to say Thank You Mideast.. Thank you.

Ok well... I'm not going to tell my girlfriend about this one...

All the sudden I got a random urge to wash the dishes. There were a few pots/pans in the dish drainer. I grabbed the first pan and went to the cabinet which is ground level. Opened it and out pops my cute Orange kitty...

What in the world?

he may be able to open the cabinets I am not sure. He does know they open.. There is no way he can close them when he is inside. When I opened it he ran out and then looked down the hallway all scared and "snuck" past something he was starring at. He then ran all over the place, but he kept looking at things that seemed to float around.. I felt like I was being watched.

I finally calmed him down and now he is fallowing me all over the place. He just sat under the sink getting splashed as I did another load of dishes.. Now he is sitting under my legs in front of the couch.

That's about it, or it would be..

For the last week there have been strange knocking sounds coming from the kitchen. Sounded like something was knocking from the inside of the cabinets over the stove.. Just Knock Knock Knock knock knock... For 3 minutes at a time.. Me and my girlfriend decided to pretend it was nothing, and I am going to let her stay in that mindset. I'm leaning toward it not being "nothing" anymore.

I swear this JUST happened ending 20 minutes ago. 6:00 pm

This house felt weird when I moved in, and apparently the old tenants wrecked the place and fought all the time, because the landlord made a point about telling us that, and also asking what we were like in that regard. I wonder what left over energy I inherited to work through?

Anyway...
edit on 10/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for sharing. I also look at UFO’s as entities. I have seen them. UFO’s can shape-shift and often take on the form of large glowing orbs. I believe that they could take on the appearance of a spaceship if they wanted to. I think that much (if not all) of the UFO/alien stuff is really just very old phenomena that we've known about for millennia that is being interpreted in modern terms and it will sometimes 'play along' as if they are actual aliens from other planets, when they're actually not. UFO's I've seen were often more organic than technological in appearance/activity. Paranormal investigators have referred to demons as looking reptile-like in their true form (matching with the Reptilian Theory that the New Age books talk about.) When these 'aliens' are referred to as multi-dimensional, I can't help but interpret that as supernatural.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You're obviously a competent writer. That leads me to believe you have some education and may be a college graduate. If you just graduated high school and can write like that I'm very impressed.

I graduated high school (with fair-to-dismal grades) and never had any secondary education. I am however a serious (albeit unpublished) writer and something of a public speaker. My father is a writer too and, as I’d mentioned, a self-made scholar. I do my best to keep up with intellectuals such as these, as I am often lacking (in comparison) to their literary reference and eloquence. A sense of competition keeps me trying, but I’ve always been complimented on my English.

Now after graduation you went to the Big City, and there you failed, as you admitted. So what did you do? Go back to live with Mom and Dad at age 22 or 23. That had to be tough for you.

I intended only to visit for Christmas, but decided to stay. I was 23 at this point. I became crippled with stress. Gradually, I’d take on work and then moved out again around age 25. Much of it is a blur. I was depressed, in disbelief and honestly, the years flew past like weeks (and would for years to follow.) It was the worst low of my life.

But it was also tough on your parents because they thought they had done their part, that you were emancipated on your own, and here you are back at home as an adult, depressed because of your failure, taking up space in their lives they thought they had for their own, and with what I suspect is some attitude.

Yes, I suspect this was hard for them. Their reactions at first seemed understandable to me at the time, but this escalated to the point of paranoia and genuine dislike of me. It’s not as if I was yelling at them or demanding things, I was barely able to say or do anything. They were actually scheming, bullying me. I feel as though natural family problems were escalated way beyond where they would have went, to the point where each of my parents would act so out-of-character that they truly felt like complete strangers to me at times. They are patient and down-to-earth people, not intolerant, paranoid and hateful. Their change in character was too drastic for me to accept as natural. My mother even admitted that she was “taking things out on” me without knowing why. There was no crisis happening, just an inconvenience.

From my perspective, you were simply going a little bit crazy at the time, having a "psychotic event." You sought help finally, were on some medication for a short while, and it appears you are cured.

The psychologist that I saw was a supposed expert in anxiety, yet he told me: “the only treatment for stress is a breathing exercise.” He taught me it. It helped to relax me a little, but was no cure. He gave me medications that helped to take the edge off, but was no cure. He didn’t believe the demon attack, that was no help. He even came onto me! Besides the fact that I am not gay, it was not appropriate for a psychologist to use his position to make a pass at a patient in any event. He was...moderately helpful with my stress, that’s all I can say. To this day I see lights and shadows every day, so by your judgment, I am still “delusional”.

You're supporting yourself and out of the house, and now all's well with the world.

Really? I know you mean well, and I appreciate that, but I have scars that will never heal (from this and other events in my life.) I make the most of life that I can but I am living in a very messed up world where innocents suffer and the guilty thrive. Kids are half-raised in apathetic indoctrination centers, elderly abandoned to apathetic waiting-to-die homes. Mother Earth is being raped for short-term gain. So few respect the spiritual anymore. I can be moderately happy but I’m not sure anyone deserves to be too cheerful until conditions change. Sorry if this seems like a rant, it’s just how I feel.

So where you see demons, I see a guy who was under some pretty severe pressure and stress which caused physical reactions that you interpreted as demons. It's all in your worldview. Someone who did not believe in demons would take an entirely different approach to interpreting the exact same physical stimuli.

This is a fair outside view on a bizarre series of events. I know you to be wrong, but you seem sincere and compassionate and I appreciate that.

The overall result, though, is that you helped yourself and got yourself out of it. That's pretty cool. You did it. Congrats.

Mostly on my own. The problem still exists though, to impact others or myself in the future, and not seeing this fixes nothing. I do understand your perspective though and I appreciate your good intentions here.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yes, and I have met my fair share of those on forum sites. It can be difficult to tell, so if I am unsure I always choose to give them the benefit of the doubt. I've had debates in the past that would get so ridiculous, when I was shooting down all of their points and their arguments became quite childish (worse than the usual straw man arguments.) I've learned to see through them earlier on, before it gets to the point where it's obviously been a complete waste of time and bother. But as long as I see honesty in them, I won't avoid debating with them.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thanks for sharing!

Here are my thoughts...

The knocking is quite common for paranormal activity. Cats commonly perceive entities sooner (and better) than people do. I've read different interpretations of what three knocks can signify. In demonic research, three can often signify Satan. 3 AM is the Witching Hour. I've also read that it can mean that an entity (of some kind) is asking for permission to enter through the 'door'. If you were to knock back, in theory, it could enter. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't try it.

Sounds like it has a lot of negative energy from previous tenants, which may have attracted a negative entity, or the negative entity may have caused them to act negatively. I think you should maintain a positive atmosphere for sure. Negative entities often draw on negative energy. Mind your thoughts. It could try creating a negative atmosphere (that it can feed from) by turning you against each other.

But then again, it could just as easily be a mischievous spirit playing some tricks. It's really hard to tell at this point.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
I am merely looking for the truth and as you can see...

Are you?

I believe it was a demon..

I experienced a demon and I witnessed demonic activity.

If you really are looking for the truth, why so sensitive (pardon the pun) towards skeptisism about your demon attacks?? If it were myself, I would never jump to conclusions, and only fools believe 'gut feelings' can always be relied on without fail.

It sounds to me like you already have your mind made up. Sorry, I don't know if what you experienced was a real demon or not, but I have my reservations because your story doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me all the way around. There are lots of holes, as I already pointed out (researched demons, but didn't consider any sort of banishing/cleansing??? the psychiatric evaluation that doesn't sound right at all, especially for someone claiming to his shrink that he is being attacked by demons? the parents being possessed somehow?? in your reply about oujia boards it's quite obvious that you never even bothered to look up the explanation about the ideomotor effect I gave you?? etc etc etc)

It seems to me what you're really looking for is what we see here all the time from die-hard believers... you want people of like mind to come in and tell you that you're right. Already you're feeling a connection with other people who are telling you (without knowing jack # about you one way or the other) 'you're right', in so many words.

I could be wrong, of course, but I really think there's a good chance you seek out validation for your 'sensitivity' any chance you can get (very common among people who believe they have some sort of supernatural powers), and by your own words in this very thread, you obviously don't question your 'sensitivity' much at all, and that for me was the big, bright, flashing warning sign in your story, and why I have serious doubts that what you experienced was the real deal.

The truth is the important thing, whatever that may be.

Want the truth? Go find another shrink and be completely straight with them about your experiences and get a second opinion. Have them put you thru every test to make sure you don't have any sort of mental/physical conditions. Then find a medium of good reputation who has never heard of you and don't tell them jack # and see what they tell you. Then find another one and get a second opinion. Even then, unless their readings are so accurate it amazes you, take their readings with a grain of salt.

The facts are this: people who get into paranormal/supernatural/occult..etc, who already have pre-existing psychological conditions can draw all kinds of stuff to them, real and/or imagined. Don't write off shrinks or sceptics, and don't get all your truth from die-hards (especially the kooks) or you'll fall down a rabbit hole that noone wants to try and get out of.

Because a lot of people claim they want the truth, but they back away from anything that would negate whatever their personal beliefs are because it would tear them down and force them to look at themselves with some real honesty, and that's some scary # for people who have die-hard belief systems.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I was magnetized to your series of post nearly immediately after I started reading. This is one of the best threads I've read lately tbh. Very intriguing, disturbing, yet somehow empowering.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Personally I like to thank you as well. Mainly for opening up about your encounter, and allowing others to learn from what you've experienced. This level of openess provides valuable information for those looking for answers.

I would also like to say that people who've had these types of encounters shouldn't hide away. They should embrace what has happened, and share their encounters. When a person can share an event of fear, that event no longer has the power to keep you shackled.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin
Go find another shrink... Then find a medium of good reputation, Then find another one and get a second opinion.

Unless I am mistaken the OP is interested in AVOIDING demonic activity while following the advice in the above post is going to do just the opposite...

"Visiting a psychic or spiritual medium will almost certainly bring demonic activity into your life."

Things that invite demonic spirits

There's no more dangerous activity than walking into a (witch) doctor's office... because modern medicine is neither an art nor a science, it's a religion

"By studying the original Greek text we find that the use of drugs is mentioned four times in the New Testament. The Word ''sorcerers" in Rev. 21:8 and 22:15 and "sorceries" found in Rev.9:21 and 18:23 are all derived from the original Greek word "pharmakon". '

"We read in Rev. 22:15: "For without are dogs and sorcerers, and whore mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

"Whatever "sorcery" is, it certainly keeps pretty bad company, doesn't it? Now we read in Rev. 18:23: "Thy merchants were the great men of the earth, for by thy sorceries were all nations delivered".

Strong's concordance lists the word "sorcery" as: #1—a drug i.e. a spell-giving potion #2—a druggist or pharmacist #3 — a poisoner.

"Isn't that amazing. A pharmacist today has the same Greek title that he had at the time the New Testament was written nearly 2000 years ago, and he is still doing the same thing — dealing in poisonous drugs!

"The Bible says that "sorcery", or the use of poisonous drugs, has deceived all nations. All nations practice sorcery through the use of drugs, but they are deceived into thinking it's right. If a person is deceived, he won't know he is deceived, now will he?

"When I first became aware of it, my reaction was to deny it. Surely the word must have changed meaning. I looked in Webster's 2nd Collegiate Dictionary published in 1980 under the word "pharmaceutical" and I could scarcely believe my eyes when the definition read: "pharmaceutical"—the practice of witchcraft or the use of poison.

Source

Pharmakeia is a Greek word used in Galatians 5:20, Revelation 9:21, and 18:23. It is the word from which we get “pharmacy” and its derivatives. As we look at this word in the Scriptures, we realize that there is a much deeper meaning to it than merely “drugs.” In Galatians 5:20, it is translated “witchcraft” (KJV), and the occurrences in the book of Revelation are even more accurately translated “sorceries.” (The NKJV translates it in all three verses as “sorcery” or “sorceries.”)

In Aramaic, the word is harsuta—an extended form of the noun harse, consistently translated as “sorcery,” supporting the translation of pharmakeia into the same word. According to The American Heritage Dictionary, “sorcery” is defined as “the use of supernatural power over others through the assistance of evil spirits.”

Could it be that the use of psychotropic drugs (antidepressants) increases the availability for demons to infiltrate the human mind by opening up chemical doorways, or portals, and that this could result in demonic rule over the patient’s emotions and thought patterns? If this is true, which I believe it is in many cases, it is my opinion that the use of psychotropic drugs (antidepressants) may be a New Age practice of sorcery that has crept into society and is now encroaching upon the church.

Psychotropic Drugs: New Age Pharmakeia

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Look up Earth. We Are One. its a facebook page with some cool stuff you may be intested in. They have good topics occasionally aswell.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Are you?

Yes. And yes, I sometimes draw conclusions and accept things I have found to be true. Do you have some radical new concept to learning?

If you really are looking for the truth, why so sensitive (pardon the pun) towards skeptisism about your demon attacks??

Umm...I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Care to give an example?

I have my reservations because your story doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me all the way around.

Hey, that’s fine. I would never post something so bizarre and expect everyone to believe it. I guess I just felt like sharing it for those who were interested. I have no problem discussing it with skeptics and if someone doesn’t believe, fine, but I’m not sure what else I could say here to change their mind.

If it were myself, I would never jump to conclusions, and only fools believe 'gut feelings' can always be relied on without fail.

When you walk through a door and enter a square zone you do conclude that you are inside a room, do you not? Do you take out measuring tape, measure all the walls, research room descriptions, consider you may be sleeping, consider you may be hallucinating? No, your senses tell you that you are in a room. Therefore, you know you are in a room.

and only fools believe 'gut feelings' can always be relied on without fail.

I answered one question by mentioning a “gut instinct” on something that I could barely remember, so you are taking this phrase out of context. What I experienced, I experienced through both my visual and Sixth senses. The sixth sense is not a “gut instinct”, it is very real, especially to those of us strong with it. If you saw a baseball flying at you, I’m positive you would attempt to duck. If I felt something flying at me with my Sixth Sense, I too would react in some way. It’s only natural. You might consider researching on the subject of the Sixth Sense.

There are lots of holes, as I already pointed out (researched demons, but didn't consider any sort of banishing/cleansing???

I still don’t know much about banishing or cleansing, only generally. I am no expert on the matter, and especially not in those early days (late at night) desperately looking for answers. The fact that I tried commanding it to leave in the name of Jesus without having in faith in it should be an indication that I was grasping at straws.

the psychiatric evaluation that doesn't sound right at all, especially for someone claiming to his shrink that he is being attacked by demons?

This is why we have the term “quack”. He was pretty much what I was expecting: small-minded, a lack of insight and a lack of compassion.

it's quite obvious that you never even bothered to look up the explanation about the ideomotor effect I gave you??

I believe that I did acknowledge that sometimes the results may therefore not be supernatural. I read the Wiki page on it. It states that “the validity of these experiments has not been proven.” Are you sure that you’re not the one who’s reaching?

But as I already pointed out, even if this did explain the sensation part, with eyes closed, the odds of it spelling out names and showing dates is highly improbable.

you want people of like mind to come in and tell you that you're right.

No, you are assuming this of me. Why is that?

I could be wrong, of course, but I really think there's a good chance you seek out validation for your 'sensitivity' any chance you can get

You are wrong. I shared this because it was asked for. I like sharing this (as in person I rarely say a word), and it is fun to meet people of like or similar mind. This is true of any person, from any background and involving any issue. If I was only seeking validation I would have taken this to a site like Ghost Village. I don’t mind skepticism, and believe me, I am more than used to debating. But you seem to be crossing the line here with your attitude and assumptions towards me. It hurts your credibility, not mine.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

and by your own words in this very thread, you obviously don't question your 'sensitivity' much at all, and that for me was the big, bright, flashing warning sign in your story, and why I have serious doubts that what you experienced was the real deal.

Again, a point to make me look illogical merely makes you look illogical. I never stated that I always trust my feelings on everything. I stated that I had doubts, even after feeling the demon (mind-to-mind) several times, not to mention various other bizarre aspects which had come before. On top of which, I still admit that I do not yet fully understand how much of this was psychological and how much was paranormal. I think that I have been as thoroughly honest as any human being in my position could possibly be.

Want the truth? Go find another shrink and be completely straight with them about your experiences and get a second opinion.

Oh, I guess you are a psychic then? I was lying to him, or withholding important information, was I? I actually told him all I could, while he kept asking me to stop while he tried to come to terms with it. You talk as if you expect me, and the psychologist, to make certain choices or conclusions that you would have us make. The world doesn’t work by your rules.

Have them put you thru every test to make sure you don't have any sort of mental/physical conditions. Then find a medium of good reputation who has never heard of you and don't tell them jack # and see what they tell you. Then find another one and get a second opinion. Even then, unless their readings are so accurate it amazes you, take their readings with a grain of salt.

I’ve seen multiple experts, from a neurologist to having many blood tests, I forgot what else. I live in a small town and I don’t have a car, but I’d love the opportunity to make it to a respected medium. I have met several Sensitives and gifted mediums online through various websites and they always seem to take quite well to me. A few became good online friends of mine and would give me readings (sometimes with impressive results.) They, like all who know me in person, know that I am an honest and good-hearted person. But, I think you’ll just believe what you want.

The facts are this: people who get into paranormal/supernatural/occult..etc, who already have pre-existing psychological conditions can draw all kinds of stuff to them, real and/or imagined. Don't write off shrinks or sceptics, and don't get all your truth from die-hards (especially the kooks) or you'll fall down a rabbit hole that noone wants to try and get out of.

More gross assumptions. Sure, some people who believe they are Sensitives are delusional. Even weirder, some may be both psychic and delusional. Others may be Sensitive and not given to delusions (like myself.) You say “don’t write off shrinks or skeptics” because they don’t believe what I believe, and here we come to more of your irony. A. You are writing off Sensitives and others who view things differently than you. B. I actually don’t write off those who disagree with me. I went to a psychologist expecting a psychological interpretation of what happened (I’d be an idiot not to.) He just wrote it off as my imagination. That was his (or their) finding.

Because a lot of people claim they want the truth, but they back away from anything that would negate whatever their personal beliefs are because it would tear them down and force them to look at themselves with some real honesty, and that's some scary # for people who have die-hard belief systems.

Exactly! *hands out mirror*
edit on 11-10-2012 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Thank you for saying so!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join