It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Todd Standing a proven bigfoot Hoaxer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I tried to search for this video on here but I couldn't find anything about it.

It seems that he is dismissed as a fake, but I have yet to see any out right proof. I will say he makes claims about having more footage that never shows up.

So their is this show called Call Out, a search and rescue show. One episode had them looking for Todd Standing. He has footage of what he claims to be day watchers, the keep watch while others sleep. In the footage one does blink and another one's mouth moves a bit.

So is this guy a fraud? Does him being searched for add credibility? Or does Todd being on Call Out discredit him?
edit on 9-10-2012 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by Kandinsky because: corrected spelling in title

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Most of us in the field regard him as a fraud when it comes to his bigfoot evidence. Many of the pictures he posted show faces very clearly, and for those of us who have seen the creature, none of us think the images are authentic depictions of sasquatch. That just is not what they look like, unfortunately. The video does not contain enough information to say whether it is real or fake, but since the other evidence is likely fake, it would not surprise me if the video is as well.

A lot of the sentiment felt towards him comes from research done into his previous dealings, such as a casting call he made in some classifieds for actors to play in a sasquatch related film. Also, the region he describes as Sylvanic, or whatever, seems to not really exist. For instance, on Finding Bigfoot, did you notice how he said he could not take the team to the spot the video was filmed? Convenient, as I bet the scaling of the features of the landscape may prove the video to be fake in some way.

Also, on that show they thought he was lying as well, for reasons I do not remember. Other people may have more information, but I usually do not get excited about anything relating to this guy. But even known hoaxers can actually have a real sighting, so I will entertain his evidence, but will scrutinize it with much more rigidity, actually attempting to debunk it. Most of the time I have an open mind regarding new evidence though, but I do not attempt to disprove it if it cannot be disproven. But with his stuff, if it cannot be authenticated, it is probably fake, imo.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know enough about this guy, but when it comes to Bigfoot, I have two different beliefs. The first if only for those who claim to have had an encounter. I have no problem believing someone when they say they have had an encounter. I have no idea which ones are true and which ones are not.

For those who claim to have evidence... Those are the ones I believe are full of crap.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Todd Standing is generally considered a hoaxer by most of the Cryptozoology community - much like Tom Biscardi.
You can read some of that on CryptoMundo, Squatchdetective.com and Bigfoot Lunch Club (also).

He (Sylvanic.com) has been dangling the above-mentioned photographs/videos in front of the Crypto community since 2010. It didn't get much attention (read: money) so, as you can see on the site, the project (read: hoax) ended at the handful of posted images/videos we see on the site.

If you look into Standing's background, you'll find a lot of shady business, so personally I wouldn't heed much attention to him, nor waste much time on what he has to say.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: Missing character

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

A lot of red flags seem to go up with this guy. Good to see ATS's view of him. Bigfoot hoaxer really tick me off

Thanks, I will take any further info from him with a TON of salt.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I've actually spoke to Todd before. And though he can sound very convincing at times. His short clip video's and pics are all hoaxes. Sorry Todd.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
All I know is that he promised ATS Live some Poo which never came.. Even after extensive work to obtain an independent laboratory to have it checked

So as far as I am concerned, he is a HUGE fraud

Semper

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This guy should go to jail for fraud! I heard he charges money to view some of his videos.

Anyway... I thought the ewoks lived on planet endor?

new topics

top topics

join