It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American vs Canadian Justice: Two recent cases of child abuse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Actually - these people can be helped. Just look up recent research on utilizing neurofeedback for personality disorders, and attachment disorders.

Neurofeedback has about a 80% - 90% success rate in treating these individuals.

You are correct though, that with traditional methods of treating individuals (drugs/psychotherapy) they are generally considered untreatable.

Here's once such example of sociopaths/psychopaths being treated with neurofeedback: www.bmedreport.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Drezden

Where did I at any point support "prisoner rape"...??

It was you who infered your own conclusions based on your preconceptions of the matter. You may want to crticize yourself, before you do the same to me.

Calm down, since you seem to have selective short term memory I'll remind you:

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I would like to believe that when his fellow inmates find out his crimes, he will be appropriately dealt with. Even amongst prisoners child abusers are hated

It's common knowledge that people who commit sex crimes, especially those against children become victims of sexual assault themselves while in prison because of this. What else were you implying?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Sir or Ma'am i suggest you go back for some formal education as you have just proven my point, but i will assist the best i can, i present you with the following:

Your quote

It's common knowledge that people who commit sex crimes, especially those against children become victims of sexual assault themselves while in prison because of this. What else were you implying?

That sir or ma'am, is what we call a assumption. Here is the definition for you:

as·sump·tion
   [uh-suhmp-shuhn] Show IPA

noun
something taken for granted; a supposition: a correct assumption. Synonyms: presupposition; hypothesis, conjecture, guess, postulate, theory.

the act of taking for granted or supposing. Synonyms: presumption; presupposition.

the act of taking to or upon oneself. Synonyms: acceptance, shouldering.

the act of taking possession of something: the assumption of power. Synonyms: seizure, appropriation, usurpation, arrogation.

arrogance; presumption. Synonyms: presumptuousness; effrontery, forwardness, gall

I could have been refering to anything with my comment, from spilling the guys juice at lunch, to roughing him up in the exercise yard.

You are the one that brought up rape. Here is your comment incase you forgot

Let's not condone any prison rape at all. To prison rapists it makes no difference who they are raping. It's just one more validation of their sick behavior.

and here is what i stated:

I would like to believe that when his fellow inmates find out his crimes, he will be appropriately dealt with. Even amongst prisoners child abusers are hated

You filled in alot of gapes with your ignorant BS, have fun in school

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I entirely advocate a return to the death penelty here in Canada for certain crimes, The P.O.S who beat and starved there daughter into a coma in Edmonton, then got to go to her funeral they should be dead, the little girl died they deserve only the same. The guy who beat a defenseless two year old and bite her, same deal you are the filth of the earth and by no means deserve three hots and a cot and rehab on my tax payer dollar. Vince Li the greyhound bus beheader should have been shot and killed by police where he stood but yet again light and leinient sentencing form the Canadian injustice system. Allen Schoenbourne strangles two of his children bludgens the other with a knife, should be dead already, hell the hunter who found him should have finished him where he found him. Quebec doctor stabs to death his two children the list goes on and on.

There are crimes on this earth especially crimes against children that should be punishable with death in this country no child deserves to suffer at the hands of these animals and no amount of incarceration, can give a defenseless child back what has been stolen from them. We have way too many bleeding hearts in Canada too many people who whine and cry that it's just not right there people too BS that always gets spewed. Well eff em these people commit heinous acts and should be dealt with just as heinous. This type of thing pisses me off too no avail.

I know for certain anyone ever left a mark on my daughter then only thing they would see is the bottom of my shoe, boot, heel what have you as I took their pathetic existence away from them. I would not wait for the injustice system to coddle the assailaint as a victim of being hard done by, too often excuses and only more pain for the victim is the only punishment the injustice system doles out truely pathetic

RANT done.......

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by NavyDoc

Actually - these people can be helped. Just look up recent research on utilizing neurofeedback for personality disorders, and attachment disorders.

Neurofeedback has about a 80% - 90% success rate in treating these individuals.

You are correct though, that with traditional methods of treating individuals (drugs/psychotherapy) they are generally considered untreatable.

Here's once such example of sociopaths/psychopaths being treated with neurofeedback: www.bmedreport.com...

And the risk of letting them out to re-offend is too great. Use novel treatments in house, that is great, but historically those people will re-offend and it would not be right to the next child that is victimized.
edit on 10-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

It is a myth that certain inmates are singled out for special treatment by other inmates. There is a hierarchy, yes, but no one goes out of their way to rape child abusers or baby rapers.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
In the Max security jail i was in the PCs read baby rapers.and other wierdos anlong with the snitches were segregated......
The cons had sport trying to get close enough to shiv these scum....and were occaisionally successful at inflicting damage.....
Dont know if its a wide spread tradition, but i think so.....
Perhaps there IS room for electronic readjustment of some people.....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I doubt your story.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

but historically those people will re-offend and it would not be right to the next child that is victimized.

That is not true at all, sex offenders actually re-offend less than other criminal groups, watch less TV.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by Drezden

It is a myth that certain inmates are singled out for special treatment by other inmates. There is a hierarchy, yes, but no one goes out of their way to rape child abusers or baby rapers.

I'm not sure where the prison you were at, or what level facility, but that could certainly be true for your case, or the prison you have in mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by MrWendal
I would not go singing the praises of the US justice system. There are many cases of child rape and child abuse where the sentence is very light for much the same reasons as listed in the Canadian case used in the OP.

This is especially true with sex offenders, here in the US there are many cases where these people get released to offend again and again and again.

Well said, and it is very sad.

I don't consider it sad, I consider it a travesty on many levels. It is down right criminal when a person caught for the third time smoking a joint in their own home can be sentenced to 25 years for it but some child molester can get serve 6 months join some support group and then be released to offend again. Our legal system at times can be a total joke.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
reply to post by NavyDoc

but historically those people will re-offend and it would not be right to the next child that is victimized.

That is not true at all, sex offenders actually re-offend less than other criminal groups, watch less TV.

You need to back that statement up with facts.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't know how much you trust DOJ statistics, but this is from a report they did on recidivism in 15 states.

• Within 3 years from their releasei n 1994:

67.5% of the prisoners were rearrested for a new offense (almost exclusively a felony or a serious misdemeanor)
46.9% were reconvicted for a new crime
25.4% were resentenced to prison for a new crime
51.8% were back in prison, serving time for a new prison sentence or for a technical violation of their release, like failing a drug test, missing an appointment with their parole officer, or being arrested for a new crime.

• Released prisoners with the highest rearrest rates were robbers (70.2%), burglars (74.0%), larcenists (74.6%),
motor vehicle thieves (78.8%), those in prison for possessing or selling stolen property (77.4%), and those in
prison for possessing, using, or selling illegal weapons (70.2%).

• Released prisoners with the lowest rearrest rates were those in prison for homicide (40.7%), rape (46.0%), other
sexual assault (41.4%), and driving under the influence (51.5%).

• Within 3 years, 2.5% of released rapists were arrested for another rape, and 1.2% of those who had served time for homicide were arrested for homicide.

• The 272,111 offenders discharged in 1994 had accumulated 4.1 million arrest charges before their most recent
imprisonment and another 744,000 charges within 3 years of release
Hey, I'm here to serve.
bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
For anyone interested, the woman in Texas got 99 years.

source
edit on 12-10-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join