It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$200K taxpayer-funded Gov't diversity workshop with forced chanting of pro-illegal-alien slogans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The U.S. government paid a Chicago consultant hundreds of thousands of dollars to put on diversity training workshops that, according to one watchdog, included an exercise in which employees were told to chant "our forefathers were illegal immigrants."

Conservative group Judicial Watch made the claim this week as it released a handful of documents pertaining to the program -- and alleged that the sessions held by the Department of Agriculture ended up enforcing political views more than promoting tolerance.

"Instead of being diversity-oriented or tolerance-oriented, it's more about adopting a mindset," said Lisette Garcia, a senior investigator with the group. "It seemed to go so far as to encourage illegal immigration."

Read more: at the Source

"our forefathers were illegal immigrants" ??? Speak for yourself.

Wow, not only are they wasting an obsecene amount of YOUR taxpayer money on this, they are indoctrinating people with a pro-illegal immigrant standpoint.

This is YOUR GOVERNMENT. Could it be any clearer that they hate America?

Mad yet? I know I am.

edit on 10/9/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
mad? naww.... Furious is the word.

Kinda hard to call our Founding Fathers illegal aliens when there wasn't a government to break the laws OF at the time. It's a minor thing...to some...but defines the very concept of a society based on law to others.

Illegal...thats ILLEGAL...Aliens are Federal Felons at least once over by simply standing here. Mexican, European, Asian or Martian..I don't care. I really, honestly don't care. To hear the U.S. Government is actually paying some shyster this much money to glorify criminal action makes me want to puke. It's totally out of control and that's putting it nicely!

If immigration pisses people off? FINE... Change the LAW. THAT is how a system based on law works..as opposed to anarchy and the rule of the mob. Until that law changes, this man was advocating and glorifying criminal action and forcing the acceptance OF criminal action. As far as I'm concerned, he should have been hooked up for booking as soon as he walked out of his presentation for precisely those reasons. Period.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As is typical for this kind of Foxy threads (like in Faux News), the title of the thread itself contains a falsehood. The 200k were spent not on a workshop where some slogan was chanted, but paid over the period of two years to a consulting company for an array of services. Which is frankly not that much for a 2-year contract.

Instead, by a slight of hand, the poster wants you to believe that the evil Govt paid some enormous cash to put together some weird extravaganza event.

I'm strongly against most immigration, and especially the illegal kind, but attempts at deceit make me puke.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Tax payer dollars should not be spent on "diversity" training which was nothing more than "sensitivity" training what most people call political correctness.

Our forefathers were illegal aliens has exactly what to do with the USDA ?

Absolutely nothing and is in lock step with those who are trying to make the term illegal "illegal".
edit on 9-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Tax payer dollars should not be spent on "diversity" training which was nothing more than "sensitivity" training what most people call political correctness.

I know for a fact that some tax money is spend on programs aimed at curbing child molesters. Do you think that's an appropriate way to spend money?

Again, I'm talking as a person who's against immigration. Just one with common sense.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I know for a fact that some tax money is spend on programs aimed at curbing child molesters. Do you think that's an appropriate way to spend money?

Apples to oranges considering pedophilia is psychological disease an ad a day does nothing for the Sandusky's of the world.
edit on 9-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh come on for real, a Martian cannot help if they crashed here or even if they visited, they would never have knowledge of our worlds' laws.
Anyway I had to chuckle about that, I agree with you though, they are felons at least once over (Plenty of other times over too) Most of them steal identities, drive illegally, live past residential capacity codes, and a lot of them are drug mules/dealers, etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Curbing child molesters? Exactly how is a consulting firm working to curb child molesters? I'm missing the mental connection. The absolute only steps I see in curbing baby rapers are....

Investigation
Prosecution
Incarceration

and I suppose the tax payers can spring for the pine box burial when they cart out the back door of old age or prison yard justice, whichever comes first. Funding for the Stings like To Catch a Predator work too. That ought to be done frequently, nationally. If it were, how many of those monsters would dare try meeting the real kids? Nawww... I just don't see where anything on THAT particular problem gets handled by a politically touchy/feely do gooder consulting group like this.

Another waste of tax dollars to push the agendas..from whatever side...on the very people PAYING those taxes. Enough already.... Sheesh.

If they want to be useful for something....Find a justification to make the crime federal and make Jessica's Law a FEDERAL Mandatory. 25-Life on the FIRST offense to any crime against a child 13 or younger..just like Florida. Now that effort I would be happy to see my tax dollars go toward and it would solve a big societal problem....1 1st offense conviction at a time. There can't be THAT many of them when they go bye bye forever the very first time they're found.

new topics

top topics

join