It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas GOP has had enough - pulls funding for 3 candidates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 11-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: repeated post

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The Arkansas Republican Party is full of Crap and is in someones pocket. When ATS recently had a thread on Hubbard I looked up his voting record. Hubbard did a lot of good for his state and none of the bills he supported had any racists overtones. I think I was the only white rational thinking poster in the thread. Not a racist remark but I think when people of color hear about racist remarks made from white politicians they tend to go off half cocked not thinking. I can see why they are guided by emotion, but they didn't stop and think rationally.

It should not matter what a person believes about something that happened over 150 years ago historically as long as it doesn't effect their job and how he votes today. I applaud Hubbard for his standing up for his 1st amendment rights. The other two I have know knowledge of.

edit on 10-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

WOW!
So you were the only rational white poster in the thread and all the persons of color in the thread apparently went off half-cocked. Wow. Did all of these "persons of color" posters identify themselves as such or did your "racedar" pick them up? And clearly there were no other rational white [caucasian] posters in the thread because they didn't agree with you. Again, wow.

But hey, keep up the racist posts, so we know where you're coming from. Kudos on keeping it real.

I'll be happy to address this. At the time of my post most of the other posters were known persons from African American or other dark skinned decent. All of them read the thread and freaked - no one bothered to look up this guys voting record which after all is whats at stake here. People were calling for his head because of his personal feelings about something that happened over 150 years ago saying he shouldn't be in politics - but they never considered these views did not effect HIS JOB.

There were no other white people in that thread at all that I know of up until my post but if they were, they certainly didn't have the foresight to look up this guys voting record to see if what was being claimed about him was true or not - it has nothing to do with them agreeing with me or not. Either your just trying to put words in my mouth or your not understanding the context in which my statement was written.

I don't feel "persons of color" as a descriptive phrase to be racist or derogatory in any way shape or form. It simply shows all of the people I was talking about are dark skinned. It was necessary for people to understand my point.
edit on 11-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Apparently you dont live up to your screen name.

From Mrs Lee.

"
Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side"

Um NO that would be Korea.

"I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen"

Mrs Lee is also quite famous for asking the team at JPL if the Mars rover had taken photos of the US flag Neil Armstrong had placed on Mars. Why was she visiting JPL? Because she is the representative of Houston TX.

Lets move on to Mrs Waters.

Said to oil companies.
“Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”

Said about the Rodney King Riots
“If you call it a riot, it sounds like it was just a bunch of crazy people who went out and did bad things for no reason. I maintain it was somewhat understandable, if not acceptable. So I call it a rebellion.”

Well yes Mrs Waters that is in fact the definition of a riot....

Also this one which I am somewhat stumped by..

“I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion.”

I just really dont know what to think about that.
At any rate I choose these two from the ranks of the Democratic party not because of the race or gender as you imply (rather expectedly I might add) but because they are WELL known to anyone who follows politics to be stark raving moonbats.
Deny it if you like but they are there. On Robert Byrd I have to laugh. So let me get this straight. Robert Byrd was just a robe wearing member of the Klan so he could get elected? Really?

"West Virginia's Democratic United States Senator Robert C. Byrd was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group, Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he claimed to have left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old.[10]

Despite being the only Senator to vote against both African American U.S. Supreme Court nominees (liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas) and filibustering the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Byrd has since said joining the Klan was his "greatest mistake." The NAACP gave him a 100% rating on their issues during the 108th Congress.[11] However, in a 2001 incident Byrd repeatedly used the phrase "white 'n-word's" on a national television broadcast.[12]"

The Democratic party of the US hass systematically pulled the wool over the eyes of minorities in this country for decades. They are the party of physical slavery. They are the party that believes that minorities cannot survive without the help of government. They are the party that constantly champions group identity over individual identity. They are the party that have welded minorities in this country to a life of perpetual existance on the public dole. They are the party that destroyed the Black family unit by putting welfare policies into place that reward single mothers. They are the party of collectivisation and subserviance to the mother state. THAT is slavery!!!!

Dont think I am a fan of Republicans because I come down so hard on the Dems in this post. I am not a conservative I am a classic liberal in other words a libertarian.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join