It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas GOP has had enough - pulls funding for 3 candidates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps there is hope for the GOP yet??

The Arkansas Republican Party said on Monday that it would no longer provide financial assistance to three candidates who wrote racially insensitive things like slavery was a “blessing in disguise” and all Muslims should be deported.

State Republican Party Chairman Doyle Webb told the Associated Press that the state party would no longer contribute to House candidate Charlie Fuqua, state Rep. Jon Hubbard or Rep. Loy Mauch.

See www.abovetopsecret.com... and
www.abovetopsecret.com... for background on Hubbard and Fuqua

although extent of the the outrage is limited -

The state Republican Party chairman also defended Mauch’s statements about slavery, saying they were “made from a historical perspective.”

“While I hold a contrasting view of those events, I recognize Rep. Mauch’s right to a different perspective of history,” he insisted.

Mauch is also known for saying Abraham Lincoln was a war criminal and that Jesus Christ did condone slavery....that 2nd of which is, of course, apparently correct
edit on 9-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank God.... GOOD Catch and I am so glad to hear this. Those 3 are raving lunatics and about as conservative as I am a communist. I don't know where they get off with their hateful, ignorant and just staggeringly STUPID statements and outright filth but thank you for some common sense in the Arkansas GOP. These turkeys would be SCARY to consider as a City Councilman or a friggen Dog Catcher. Poor dogs....what did they ever do to anyone, would be my fear there.

Idiocy doesn't deserve support....regardless of party of political reality. These 3 went WAY PAST idiocy quite some time ago by what I was reading of them last night.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Thank goodness! These men needed their funding pulled, indefinitely. This needed to happen, I feel better, especially after reading those comments on your thread last night. Thank you for keeping up with this! Keep me posted!
& to Wrabbit; STUPID and LUNATIC are a good way to describe these guys. They need to take those insane outlooks and opinions else where!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Although I do not agree with what it seems that these men stand for, I fail to see how three state reps from a bible thumping conservative state will affect the GOP as a whole. If anything, the MSM coverage of their bigotry and bias will further inflame the racial tension in this country. That is not to say that these issues shouldn't be in the spotlight. IMO this should not be playing out in the media at this time.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anarky1965

It's a start - if the GOP is to lose it's reputation for nutjobbery then somewhere has to be the first to reject the morons.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As an independent I will always choose the party that accepts science over fairytales and I believe most other independents will as well.

They still represent the GOP to me there are many many others in that party that are just as ignorant. The fact that the entire GOP didn’t denounce them right away speaks far more than this small token being offered up.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is just a public relations move; not a repudiation of what these Republicans said.
I don't think the GOP will really remove funding for these yahoos but slip it to them under the door.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Of course it's a PR move - it's election year!!

But it is still a start - the more the GOP realises that having morons standing for it is not good PR the better the whole world will be!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can you all please stop this nonsense "GOP is full of morons" as if the GOP has ANY claim on that market.
Least you forget Shelia Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters to name a few democrats who are stark raving idiots. Robert Byrd the klansman and a plethora of other Democrats who are just as retarded as these three.
Why dont you stop with the partisan bull crap and demand that ALL those who would present themselves for public office actually prove their ability to hold a basic conversation about educated topics.

Keep pulling those party barges you slaves. Remember you only have two choices, idiots on the one hand and idiots on the other.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
Can you all please stop this nonsense "GOP is full of morons" as if the GOP has ANY claim on that market.

I never said that - who are you commenting to?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Glad to hear it, now what about Newt and John Sununu?
In 20 seconds Newt said the president "requires lots of rest"
"Maybe needs to play basketball" " has a rhythm we don't"
"and isn't a real president".
Again in 20 seconds.

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=hHFIAVhV5_w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhHFIAVhV5_w

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Mauch is also known for saying Abraham Lincoln was a war criminal and that Jesus Christ did condone slavery....that 2nd of which is, of course, apparently correct

Abraham Lincoln was the republican president of the united states during the civil war, WHO CONDEMNED SLAVERY unlike the democrats of the period. Conversly today we have closet racists who are republicans and racial tolerant people who are democrats. The roles have switched the last 150 years quite a bit.

Secondly I don't believe Jesus Christ condoned slavery one bit, in fact from all I know HE CONDEMNED SLAVERY to the fullest. You cannot be a pure christian and be pro-slavery. The right has managed to mix capitalism(which is a form of exploitation) with religious misinformation, thanks to a large degree of the romans who perverted that religion. You might say that the old testament is just as bad, if not worse, than the new testament....perhaps.

ALL big religions are bull#. There are only two religions that people should believe in; 1)god 2)satan

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
And lets not forget that Jesus Christ himself was a jew, as was EVERYONE of the time period in that area called palestine/israel. The jews had escaped from egypt where they were being held as slaves by the egyptians, thus it was natural for Jesus Christ(as a jew) to have a bias against other people. Exodus of the old testament discusses this in detail.

The people who believed in Jesus Christ as the savior of mankind and as the messiah of god became known as christians, while those that did not remained jews. The jews are still awaiting their messiah and savior.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The Arkansas Republican Party is full of Crap and is in someones pocket. When ATS recently had a thread on Hubbard I looked up his voting record. Hubbard did a lot of good for his state and none of the bills he supported had any racists overtones. I think I was the only white rational thinking poster in the thread. Not a racist remark but I think when people of color hear about racist remarks made from white politicians they tend to go off half cocked not thinking. I can see why they are guided by emotion, but they didn't stop and think rationally.

It should not matter what a person believes about something that happened over 150 years ago historically as long as it doesn't effect their job and how he votes today. I applaud Hubbard for his standing up for his 1st amendment rights. The other two I have know knowledge of.

edit on 10-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Secondly I don't believe Jesus Christ condoned slavery one bit, in fact from all I know HE CONDEMNED SLAVERY to the fullest.

Do you ahve a source for that? Because het siet I lijked to has several quotes from the Gospels that seem to support the existence of slavery - telling slaves to be loyal, telling masters to treat their slaves justly, etc.

Eg (from that site):

Ephesians 6:5 NLT) Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ

and

(Coll 4:1 ) Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

You cannot be a pure christian and be pro-slavery. The right has managed to mix capitalism(which is a form of exploitation) with religious misinformation, thanks to a large degree of the romans who perverted that religion.

by all means show where Christ condemned slavery - I did say that it only appears as if Mauch was correct - so if I'm wrong I am happy to be corrected.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Not a racist remark but I think when people of color hear about racist remarks made from white politicians they tend to go off half cocked not thinking. I can see why they are guided by emotion, but they didn't stop and think rationally.

Not a racist remark? Sounds like one!

Talk about going off half cocked!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

That entire area of the world was under roman occupation and the times were different then from what they are today. The romans, greeks, egyptians and perhaps others were notorious for slave ownership. Slavery is not a new term. We just find it repulsive today because we have evolved morally.

Secondly the council of nicea around 325ad was quite strict in what was allowed to become official christian material from what was too controversial.

Third the New Living Translation is said to have many inaccuracies in relation to the King James version.

Fourth JC was born a jew and died a jew. His followers became known as christians. Christians were persecuted by both jews and pagans. Romans were pagans before gradually switching to christianity. Do people forget that christian followers were thrown to the lions?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Is representative jon hubbard by any chance related to ron hubbard....you know the founder of scientology?

One of those feel good covert demon cults!
edit on 10/10/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: replied to the wrong person

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
Least you forget Shelia Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters to name a few democrats who are stark raving idiots. Robert Byrd the klansman and a plethora of other Democrats who are just as retarded as these three.
Why dont you stop with the partisan bull crap and demand that ALL those who would present themselves for public office actually prove their ability to hold a basic conversation about educated topics.

Keep pulling those party barges you slaves. Remember you only have two choices, idiots on the one hand and idiots on the other.

So what have Sheila Jackson and Maxine Waters said to justify calling them stark raving idiots? Please provide a few quotes to back this up. As to Byrd, yes he used to rely on racist whites to get himself elected, and paid lip service to them and may well have believed some of what he said then, but he has since repudiated these actions. WHAT WOULD YOU CALL JUST ABOUT EVERY REPUBLICAN IN THE SOUTHERN STATES? You do realize that most all the racist Democrats in the southern states, i.e. the Dixicrats, switched to the GOP after the 1964 Civil Rights act. But again, what exactly did Byrd say that is equivalent to the crap that these southern Republicans defending slavery and such?

As usual, conservatives have no good argument to make defending the Republicans in question, so they start slinging unsubstantiated attacks against the other side. TYPICAL and PATHETIC.

You got white southern male Republicans saying that slavery was a good thing, so you call black female Democrats stark raving idiots. Racist and misogynistic much? It's very, very interesting that you chose these two Democrats to cast aspersions against -- and yet you provide no evidence to support your point of view.

And let's go back to Byrd once more: until his death he was the oldest and longest serving US senator. Know who was the last one? Strom Thurman, who raped his maid and had an illegitimate love child by her, whom he didn't acknowledge until very late in his life. I'll take Byrd over the racist rapist Thurman any day of the week, thank you very much.

As to your spurious claim that liberal are saying that "the GOP is full of morons", the post you are evidently referring to said: "the more the GOP realises [sic] that having morons running for it is not good PR, the better the whole world will be." There's a big difference between these two statements. If you can't see this, then your reading comprehension is severely wanting; it's either that or more of the usual conservative prevarication on your part.
edit on 11-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

The Arkansas Republican Party is full of Crap and is in someones pocket. When ATS recently had a thread on Hubbard I looked up his voting record. Hubbard did a lot of good for his state and none of the bills he supported had any racists overtones. I think I was the only white rational thinking poster in the thread. Not a racist remark but I think when people of color hear about racist remarks made from white politicians they tend to go off half cocked not thinking. I can see why they are guided by emotion, but they didn't stop and think rationally.

It should not matter what a person believes about something that happened over 150 years ago historically as long as it doesn't effect their job and how he votes today. I applaud Hubbard for his standing up for his 1st amendment rights. The other two I have know knowledge of.

edit on 10-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

WOW!
So you were the only rational white poster in the thread and all the persons of color in the thread apparently went off half-cocked. Wow. Did all of these "persons of color" posters identify themselves as such or did your "racedar" pick them up? And clearly there were no other rational white [caucasian] posters in the thread because they didn't agree with you. Again, wow.

As for the voting record of this trogladyte, Hubbard, laws don't need to have overt racial overtones to them to be racially biased. Some laws just affect certain demographic groups more than others, for instance: voter ID laws and crack coc aine vs. powdered coc aine possession laws. The fact that somebody thinks this about slavery -- let alone states it publicly -- shows him to be quite unfit to represent all his constituents, many of whom are descendants of slaves. Really this is no different than if there were a politician saying that the Holocaust was good for its survivors.

But hey, keep up the racist posts, so we know where you're coming from. Kudos on keeping it real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join