It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the newest winner of the "Darwin Award"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

A Florida man died Friday night after consuming "dozens of roaches and worms" during a contest held by a pet store, police report.

Edward Archbold, 32, collapsed after winning the repulsive contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store. Archbold, who was competing for a free python, was stricken outside the Deerfield Beach business, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Source

WOW! Just wow! I want to laugh, but I know I will feel guilty later.................

edit on 9-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Got me all excited........
I love these!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
AAAWWW.
I heard about this, this morning. Sorry, not as good as I hoped it was going to be.

But they said on the news this morning that some of the other contestants got sick as well? Did someone forget to wash the cockroaches? Do they carry diseases?

BTW, LOVE Captain Spaulding!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
funny stuff!
i'd like to know what exactly killed him!
i don't think worms or roached are toxic.

unless their dead and rotting!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I was more blown away that they did it for a Python!!!! I could see a "Fear Factor" type situation for a nice chunk of change. But FOR A PYTHON???

Heh! As far as the Avatar, just put it up to show my views on clowns and puppets being put up for us to choose as our next leader.....Looking for a new one!
edit on 9-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Heard about this in the morning as well. I wanted to laugh as well but could not do it as the guy died.. must be one of the worst possible ways to die. People eat insects all over the world and these were supposedly "safe" insects so will be interested to see what caused him to collapse and die. No one else had any kind of medical problem who was in the contest..

www.darwinawards.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Could this be the newest winner of the "Darwin Award"?
Nah. Not quite enough pizzazz. You have to keep in mind that there are millions around the world that are working hard every single day, with the hopes of winning that title.

This guy is definitely a contender, but he just didn't have everything that it takes to knock out the current reigning 'Champ'↓.

Drunk + Bigfoot/Gorilla Costume + Running around in the road = Hit by Car + Dead.

Originally posted by seeker1963

I want to laugh, but I know I will feel guilty later.................
It's ok. Go ahead and laugh. It's worth it lol.
Here, I'll get it started for ya.

edit on 10/9/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You made me LOL! Thanks! I needed it!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well did he win the python or not?

I thought the people who did this for just 50 grand on 'Fear Factor' were idiots.

I should add for all you Darwin Award winners that I wasn't being serious on the "did he win" question.
edit on 9-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Some people will do anything for money.

I saw this one show, I can't remember the name of it, but they filled a plastic swimming pool with feces and mixed up a bunch of money in it to see who would go swimming in it. Quite a few people went diving for the money.

I don't think anything can beat that. But that contest comes in at a reasonable second.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I had this as my facebook status yesterday.

"there has to be a lesson in this somewhere..."

(followed by a link to the article, and a picture of a cockroach".

I mean, SERIOUSLY.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Well did he win the python or not?

I thought the people who did this for just 50 grand on 'Fear Factor' were idiots.

I should add for all you Darwin Award winners that I wasn't being serious on the "did he win" question.
edit on 9-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Yes, he won the python. Apparently the people who organised the contest are going to "donate it to his legacy" or some crap.

new topics

top topics

join