It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvin Gaye Album Cover predicts future?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by waltdisney

4. Nuclear plants - pollution

edit on 9-10-2012 by waltdisney because: (no reason given)

What i see from there is what happened in Japan. After a massive Earthquake, the Nuclear plants cracked up and started leaking!!! :OO
edit on 10-10-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Another thing.... God/Jesus and Satan are both black in the picture..... Barack Obama maybe?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

The NYC explosion looks more like a nuke....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo

The NYC explosion looks more like a nuke....

So does this (well sort of)...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Another thing.... God/Jesus and Satan are both black in the picture..... Barack Obama maybe?

Probably Marvin Gaye...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As long as this is turning into a look alike contest, I got an entry of my own. I red boxed the 100 year old simile...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Ummm....this thread is about an album cover's predictions for the future not global warming. I have my own views on that subject but they are not for this thread. (I was always taught that we were coming out of a mini ice age when I was in primary school in the 70's anyway ).

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

you made a comment about an album predicting global warming, i pointed out that the newspapers had been mentioned global warming almost a full century BEFORE the album you mentioned, i think thats bout as relevant to a post as a reply can get, dont be a hypocrite

if you dont want to talk about global warming then why the # did YOU bring it up? ya..........

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Probably Marvin Gaye...

Very strange, this was my thought as well! Since both of us are seeing the same thing there must be something behind it!

but seriously, this is a great example of what happens when people over think things, they start to see what they want to see.
edit on 10-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

dont forget the Movie called Long Kiss Goodnight

at the ending of the movie it talks about bringing down both WTC and blaiming the Muslims

and the movie was made in 1996 !!!

The Long Kiss Goodnight
en.wikipedia.org...

Talking about the WTC ....

Mitch: You're telling me that you're gonna fake some terrorist thing, just to scare some money out of Congress?

Leland Perkins: Well, unfortunately, Mr. Hennessey, I have no idea how to fake killing 4,000 people - so we're just gonna have to do it for real. Blame it on the Muslims, naturally. Then I get my funding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

But the WTC bombing happened in '93 so no real surprise that art imitated life on that one.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Liamoville

Who WANTS to see this stuff?
Honestly?
I certainly don't.
I'm sure you could talk to plenty of people who didn't WANT to wake up to see little grey men standing above them taking them onboard their ship to give them an ANAL probe, but.....there the F they were.

There are plenty of people (myself included) who don't WANT to see all of the evidence pointing to the idea that our government was directly involved in bringing about the events of September 11, 2001, .....but.....there the "F" it is, justa starin' us all right in the face.

I would much rather be like you and NOT BE ABLE to see it, believe me.
Unfortunately, I was created with 20/20 vision and everything is crystal clear.
When you lay down tonight to go to sleep, pray to whomever you pray to, and thank your creator for making you blind, cuz there aint' nothin' to see here that anyone in his right mind would WANT to see!!!!
edit on 9-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

And people wonder why conspiracy theorists are mocked in the general public eye.

The fact 9/11 may have been or was an inside job is irrelevant to this subject. I believe it was but that's not relating to this album cover.

My point is that nothing in that album is specific. It's always generalised subjects.

Show me an album cover from the 1980's where the WTC specifically is being blown up? Show me an album cover from the 1980's where there is a specific image relating to Hurricane Katrina? Show me an album cover from the 1980's that relates to anything specific that has happened and i'll be inclined to believe there is some truth in it.

I could make an album cover today and put some explosions on it, some flooding, add in a few tanks and UFO's and i'm sure in 30 years time people could link those images to something that has happened since.

hows this one for ya???

www.wired.com...#

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Very very very interesting perspective Screwed. One I agree with.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
surely other major cities can be found under attack in artwork...the twin towers were the landmark for NY just like LA, Chicago, Vegas have their noticeable buildings. the 9/11 thing is undeniable though.

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Its very annoying to see so many off-topic posts in this thread.

The mods are obviously asleep.

The thread is specifically about the Marvin Gaye Album cover.

It is not asking people to present all the other album covers or pictures they think hold some messages.

Stick to topic.

I think it is a very interesting find. Considering the title of the album it makes it all the more fascinating.

It would be good to find the artist responsible for this cover? Anyone have the details?

lighten up, francis.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Amazing thread,w hy did it take atser to notice≥........ this long

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
tanks - war

really ?

what about the flying statue of liberty ?

lol

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

There should be more to it...we should keep looking at the smallest possible details. Great thread, as we can see that which already happened, and also possible precursors to future events

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Nobody can deny the Terminator scene. They threw that one in without even Gov. Ahnold knowing I bet. Why the hell do they need to warn vehicles of the height limit inside a Los Angeles irrigation canal? Yeah, I understand that they service these areas with County vehicles.

It just seems to me that they probably already took care of the safety measures prior to creating those vehicles that service these aqueducts. Why waste the funds on painting the warnings on every single bridge that crosses these canals that run by the thousands in Southern California? Plus, more money to keep them from fading?

If anyone out their lives down in So-Cal, give us some knowledge or check it out for yoursleves and then get back to us. Is this normal? I am gonna go check my Grease DVD and see if even those back then had them. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Marvin Gaye died on April 1 1984.

4/1/1984

4+1+1+9+8+4=27

Now think about how the number 27 relates to so many musician's deaths.
Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Curt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, all died when they were 27 years old, among many others.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Marvin Gaye died on April 1 1984.

4/1/1984

4+1+1+9+8+4=27

Now think about how the number 27 relates to so many musician's deaths.
Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Curt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, all died when they were 27 years old, among many others.

No, no, no.

"/" is the common character for divided by, so your actual equation is:

4 ÷ 1 ÷ 1984 = 0.002016129

Which, you'll be happy to hear, appears on this page

Perhaps he was trying to send a message

(And, with that, I pronounce this thread to have "jumped the shark.")

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join