It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School District Reportedly Threatening Students Who Refuse Tracking ID, Can't Vote For Homeco

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Neither state, nor federal government "runs" any school district. The state develops a curriculum and sets educational standards, but you are simply wrong if you think that any state or federal entity is involved with the day-to-day operations of a school. Each school district makes their own decisions on how they spend their money and these schools chose to adopt a program of adding a tracking chip to their school id's.

I never gave my opinion on them making the decision to add the tracking chip, and I don't agree with it. Not due to any privacy crap, but it's simply a waste of money. So, lookey there, we actually agree that we are against them adding the chip, I just don't need to blame it on a false premise that somehow the federal government is behind it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataDoc
Okay, I live in this school district and my son attends one of those schools. While I am not sure I completely support this program here are some FACTS:
1. The schools are HUGE - with 9,000+ students. Many of the schools in this district are larger than shopping malls.
2. This high school entails the Science and Engineering Academy, an Advanced Academics Program, and a separate Freshman Center. Many of these students attend dual-credit classes and/or AP classes. (My own son goes to off - campus college classes before returning to school for AP classes).
3. Because of students attending AP testing, TAKS (State mandated testing), various school programs, etc. students are often counted absent when they are, in fact, on campus. (I have fought with the attendance office several times to clear up "absences" when my son was taking a test on campus.) This program is intended to be able to identify (and then visually verify) the presence of students mistakenly counted absent.
4. That being said, these are ACTIVE ID cards - they contain batteries to power the chips. While the district says they are used only to track the students on campus, they do NOT deactivate when the student leaves the school. It is this property which is causing most of the protests. While I don't know if they possess the technology, the potential exists for the district police (each school district here has it's own police force) to be able to drive around and identify students off campus. (or at least where their ID is) By being active cards, they can be detected at a greater range.
5. These cards are very large. (3-4" wide, 5-6" long, and close to 1/4" thick). No one is going to carry it around if they don't have to (i.e. off campus)
6. School funding in Texas is very low and cut every year. The districts will do everything possible to get more money.
7. This also speeds up the lunch line by automatically charging the student's "lunch fund" as they go through the line.
8. This is a small issue as far as "Big Brother" in an area where schools have metal detectors, on campus police officers, and more cameras than you count; due to a very large gang population in the community.
Ultimately, these cards do nothing to prevent truancy, just verify that students who go are accounted for.

You've given a list of pragmatic reasons for this and for why you are not completely against it. What about the principle that it's wrong to appropriate the autonomy of human beings? Period. For any reason. You sound like a good candidate for a totalitarian society because if anyone can convince you that there's a good reason to take you're freedom, you can't come up with a reason why they shouldn't. Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The Government departments that oversee education is the Bureaucracy of Public education themselves. It was given its freedom to be the mechanism that controls itself. It absolutely has federal funding and many agencies that keep it uniform. However, the states to some point, at least verbally, have their own freedom to create their own run educational systems, but if they choose to not do what the Government requires then they would forfeit all Government funding for education, so typically they go with the federal system. The President has authority in picking bureaucrats on some levels to enforce the policies of education, the rest are merit based positions.

I HIGHLY recommend you "educate" yourself on this topic before so readily believing what you have been fed. Go to a library before they're closed and read "Feds In The Classroom: How Big Government Corrupts, Cripples, and Compromises American Education"

Once you do read that book and verify what it trys to convey then you can be considered as understanding exactly how our Government Controls The Public School Systems...

Nuff said already...
edit on 10/10/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cuopar

Exactly, add this to the soon to be enforced health care reform where already makers of chips are manufacturing the new and improve ways that they will be able to implant into us the citizens our medical records for easy identification all in the name of safety and easy accessibility.

No to forget also, that is plenty of grants that has gone to the scientific community to find ways to implant us with their so call life saving medications so we don't forget to take our doses.

Yes, the companies that manufacture chips will want their products inside all of us in the name of safety.

Hell, lets implant every new born baby so they don't have a choice later on in life.

We are in dangerous era where corporate greed is running rampant in the name of innovation, safety and accessibility

This is what is heading our way.

Chip implant oozes out daily medication dose via remote control

www.globalnews.ca...

FDA approves computer chip for humans,Your Medical Records: Soon to be Held for Ransom by a Chip-Implant Maker

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 10-10-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Your friendly federal government has plans to require implants in every human in the United States. Mind you these are very high tech implants back-engineered from captured alien technology. The implant actually connects to and is powered by your biological system. Information about location, pulse rate, blood sugar, and other biological attributes are continuously available to the artificial intelligence systems that will be watching over you 24 hours a day. Of course, this will all be for your own good. It is unknown whether they can monitor your vision, hearing, sight, and thoughts.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
surely the sensible course of action would be to sneak your card and a pair of your undies into the principals bag and call the cops!

But seriously...you could comply and still be unmonitored by smashing the chip with a hammer or nuking it in the microwave. Thats what I'll be doing with my RFID UK passport when it arrives in a few weeks.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

This is truely sickening! This is to get the children used to the technology and soon they will be implanted with these chips into their right hand or forehead just like it says in the book of revolations! I expect something big will be coming that will get the public to demand these measures! Get ready people this is the beginning of the end!
I know I sound like a doom and gloomer but this is what seems to be happening today as everything in the book of revolations has been happening around the world! I also hear that these chips are being put into the drivers licenses around the nation! I have been expecting this for several years! Pray for mercy cause the time of evil is upon us!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Maybe if they didn't make school so boring and repetitive kids would actually want to go. Career oriented high schools have a better attendance rate for a reason, you get to do what you have a passion for most of the day.
reply to post by RealSpoke

Although, I agree that all high schools should be career oriented, I can't agree that every student enrolled in a career oriented school is passionate about what they're learning. I've been teaching in a Technical high school for 20 years now and I can tell you, absenteeism is still too high. How many students drop out of college when they have free reign to do what they want?

Our school has the most state-of-the-art equipment. All our Technical instructors have worked in their field before becoming teachers, our students work with other labs and academic classes to create some exciting stuff, but you will still have students who don't want to participate or are not motivated to learn.

Some people will say, well it's the teacher that needs to motivate the student to learn. We do that on a daily basis trying to make learning fun, but some students just don't care.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

A vision of your future america? Basically what is happening in a Texas school is they are trying to give the kids Id cards and some are refusing them citing that they are an invasion of privacy One child even said that they are the mark of the beast i don't know how she came to that conclusion but ok They are being punished by not being able to do extracurricular activities such as vote for homecoming court and they are also being threatened with suspension and expulsion from school if they don't wear there tracking devices

What are your thoughts on this? Is it the start of something bigger and is the school right for doing this?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-10-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

You said you didn't understand why the girl who said the ID's with RFID I are the mark of the beast. I can explain it very easily. Basically, when RFID first came out, they implanted them in the right hands (wrist) of many people. They did this to people in military, and homeless people who were being brought into hospitals. There was also a rich family, forgot who it was, who decided to be the first americans to get the RFID chip (outside of military).

Many people thought this was the mark of the beast, and that within years, you wouldn't be able to buy or sell anything without the chips.

I still think the chips are as close to the mark of the beast as we could get, lol, although I'm not a believer of the bible.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Remember when we were so worried about communist and were constantly performing witch hunts for those affiliated with such groups. Well today it seems that the communist agenda is alive and well in this country, has many American supporters and will continue to gain momentum until even our emotional state is under constant surveillance! All this is engaged under the guise of safety, protection and edjucation but the truth is it's all about control! How long before those that resist are lined up against the wall and executed or put into camps just like in the gulags of the early 20th century? This is where we are heading and with so many unwilling to see this I suspect we will be there before any of us realize it! With me right now writing this, is it being recorded, am i considered a decenter for my rheteric? Will i be vilianized for my opinion as an oposition from the heirarchy of corporate sponsored statism? The biggest problem of today is not the tyranny which is showing itself all across
this once great land but the ignorance with which Americans seem to accept everything that is told to us!

"None are more hopelessly enslaved then those that believe they are free!" ~ J.W. Goethe

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
surely the sensible course of action would be to sneak your card and a pair of your undies into the principals bag and call the cops!

But seriously...you could comply and still be unmonitored by smashing the chip with a hammer or nuking it in the microwave. Thats what I'll be doing with my RFID UK passport when it arrives in a few weeks.

Youre gona set your passport on fire if its anything like an american passport. The us passports have a foil shield in the cover of the book......cant be read unless its open. The shield will also arc in youe microwave.

So smash it under a heavy book until it stays closed by itself and youre good

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Economics 101

If enough students keep disabling these chips.....the economics will become unreasonable to the school district.

3 seconds in the microwave should do it without harming the microwave of course.
A hammer is also supposed to deactivate the chip

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

I call bs. So, your theory is that the federal government is rolling this out, but only in one school district in California, and ultimately in twelve throughout Texas? Really? Hogwash, I say!

And I've gone out of my way to be upfront here at ATS about my government employment. Doesn't have anything to do with this, but nonetheless... Neither the federal or state government is in charge of school id's.

Your government employment? That's quite vague information right there. I can think of some pretty low government paid positions.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have news for everyone, they don't need to use an RFID to track you anymore, if that's what folks are worried about. Your new drivers license photo is taken in ICAO (international civil aviation organization) format, which is used by Facial Recognition Software to track you through Facial Recognition Cameras. This is an Internationally used format, and the new “Gold Star” compliant drivers licenses are hooked into an internationally usable database as well as local law enforcement databases. Florida is already installing the cameras on the crossbars of the street lights, and they are easily recognizable from red light cameras as they aim into your windshield.

If you live in a state that has passed a law stating that they will not comply with the Real ID Act, get ready for a surprise when you go to the DMV. These states, such as Oklahoma, are still complying with all the same benchmarks for the Real ID as a matter of DVM procedure. Despite being against the law in multiple states, the local DMV's suddenly decided that their internal procedures needed to be “Updated”, and they just happen to be in compliance with the Real ID benchmarks. This is their way around the laws, with no politicians being blamed for allowing the Real ID in Anti-Real ID states.

This is so important to someone that they are willing to break the Constitution, State Constitutions, State Laws, and whatever else it takes, to get it in place:

How Close is Oklahoma to the Real ID? Much, much closer then it ought to be.
A Google photo search for “new driver’s license design” shows that many states, like Oklahoma, are getting new driver’s license designs.  And like Oklahoma, the photos are all moved to the left.  This isn’t a DMV fad.   These standards come from somewhere.  –  2012 AAMVA North American Standard – DL/ID Card Design
“AAMVA (the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators) is called the “backbone” and hub” of the Real ID Act in the final rules issued by DHS” Mark Lerner, testimony before the Michigan House of Representatives, 2008

Funny from a state that has this law about the Real ID Act:

Oklahoma – OKLA. STAT. ANN, tit. 47, § 6-110.3 (2007) (The State of Oklahoma shall not participate in the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005. The Department of Public Safety is hereby directed not to implement the provisions of the REAL ID Act of 2005 and to report to the Governor and the Legislature any attempt by agencies or agents of the United States Department of Homeland Security to secure the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005 through the operations of that or any other state department.

The government is straight out lying to its citizens about this ID, first off that it's international, second that it WILL track you, and third that its not being implemented in ALL states (either through DMV policy, or Enhanced Drivers Licenses). This thing is being pushed through everywhere as though its coming down from God himself.

You're worried about RFID? RFID is nothing but a phantom to keep your attention while they slip in the REAL threat. RFID is only traceable over a short distance with a special reader, while FR is used over much longer range, requires no special readers, and can scan whole crowds at once. Most states will not implement RFID because it has inherent security risks that are pointless in light of the better and safer FR tracking systems.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

I call bs. So, your theory is that the federal government is rolling this out, but only in one school district in California, and ultimately in twelve throughout Texas? Really? Hogwash, I say!

And I've gone out of my way to be upfront here at ATS about my government employment. Doesn't have anything to do with this, but nonetheless... Neither the federal or state government is in charge of school id's.

Your government employment? That's quite vague information right there. I can think of some pretty low government paid positions.

I wasn't aware that my salary was at issue. He or she implied I was hiding my possibly being a fed, but my posting history demonstrates that I am a fed and I have never denied it. Oh, and $51k if it helps.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Is not this in the same catagory as the school that issued laptops to students to take home.
Then turned the camera on when it was in the childerns bedroom, or where ever it might be.

it was found out about becuase the school had turned the camera on when it was in a boys
bedroom. Then school then called the parents about what the boy was doing.

Now that is an invasion of privacy.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If I were a parent I would purchase one of these for my kid.

Let them try to track my kid now!

RFID Blocking Wallet

More comfortable than aluminum foil in your pants.

There's some seriously scary stuff out there in the world -- from bird flu and terrorism to depleting our planet of natural resources. There's not a lot that the average person can do about much of the things that may keep us up at night. Luckily, there's one scary prospect on the horizon that we can help with -- and it doesn't require lining your pants with aluminum foil! Aren't you lucky?

Imagine if you will, some of these possible real-life scenarios:

A shadowy character crouches unseen in the bushes. He doesn't have a gun or a knife, but he has a laptop. He watches as his prey walks by. Invisible radio waves emitting from the credit-card in his wallet get picked up by the laptop, recorded, and saved onto a cloned card. For all intents and purposes, this man becomes you, and has decided to go shopping.

Or maybe he picked up the passkey that lets you into your office building. With ease, he can now walk into your secure office building and steal your company's equipment. The next morning, security guards are waiting in your cube to have a chat.

The nightmare scenario was brought forth recently - a bomb lies waiting in a garbage can. Sensitive electronics read the identification cards and passports of the people who walk by, waiting until somebody of your nationality comes close...

It's a scary world out there. Credit card companies and governments are putting RFID chips in your cards and identification, sometimes without your knowledge. Protect yourself and your money with a wallet that specifically inhibits those radio frequencies from escaping until you pull your card out. Did we mention you don't need to put foil in your pants? It's important to us that you know that you do NOT have to put foil in your pants. Very important. No foil. In your pants... none... zip... nada.

The DIFRwearR RFID Blocking Wallet is a high-quality leather billfold with a built in Faraday cage to block RFID transmissions. It has room for six credit cards, your cash, business cards and your ID. Don't get caught unprotected.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

How to block/kill RFID chips....
www.instructables.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
will it ever end.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wired Magazine ran an article on this topic too:
Tracking School Children With RFID Tags? It’s All About the Benjamins

t appears that the educational move to Big Brother-style monitoring is motivated mainly by money, despite privacy and health concerns

Hardly surprising.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join