It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School District Reportedly Threatening Students Who Refuse Tracking ID, Can't Vote For Homeco

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Texas School District Reportedly Threatening Students Who Refuse Tracking ID, Can't Vote For Homecoming

www.huffingtonpost.com

The "Student Locator Project," which is slated to eventually reach 112 Texas schools and close to 100,000 students, is in trial stages in two Northside district schools. In an effort to reduce truancy, the district has issued new student IDs with an embedded radio-frequency identification (RFID) chip that tracks the location of a student at all times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
educationviews .org

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A vision of your future america? Basically what is happening in a Texas school is they are trying to give the kids Id cards and some are refusing them citing that they are an invasion of privacy One child even said that they are the mark of the beast i don't know how she came to that conclusion but ok They are being punished by not being able to do extracurricular activities such as vote for homecoming court and they are also being threatened with suspension and expulsion from school if they don't wear there tracking devices

What are your thoughts on this? Is it the start of something bigger and is the school right for doing this?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-10-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Big Brother(or sister Janet Nappytano in this case) is alive and well! Might as well condition these younguns into learning that the guvment knows best and that to fight back is futile!

Government needs to get out of the business of taking care of our children!!! Unfortunately, out of the two globalists puppets we have had chosen for our Master for the next four years, things will only get worse.....

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Man.. IF I were still in school and they tried this, I would attach that "locator" badge to a stray dog and turn it loose downtown

edit on 10/9/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
this isn't the "mark of the beast" but the technology is definately a precourser to that possibility.

Hope this gets serious traction.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They are getting the younger generation used to the idea of growing up being constantly monitored through their ID card so when they start implanting the younger generations children with these chips they will feel like its normal and will go along with it much easier.

Being able to practice storing the data and get all the "bugs" out during this NWO "beta" stage is just an added bonus.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This is just so sad.

There are other ways of keeping track of kids...one is called taking attendance in each class. There is simply no justification for forcing them to wear tracking devices like pets or criminals on house arrest.

If I were a teacher, (and I was for 25 years before I retired) I would NOT go along with this. I would stand firmly on the side of the kids who didn't wear one.

If I were a kid, or had a kid in this situation, I wouldn't wear or make my kids wear one of these, either.

Sometimes you just have to step up and say no to idiotic ideas.

edit on 9-10-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Government needs to get out of the business of taking care of our children!!!

Once you send them to public school you null and void that argument.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Boy, it's a good thing they didn't have these when I was in school. I would have had so much fun.
Like another poster said, put it on a stray dog/cat, but then go to school. Truancy officer would not be a happy camper. Or little sisters backpack. Mom's car.... dang it!!!!

But seriously, I would not allow this for my child. As a parent, it is MY responsibility to know where my kid is.
edit on 9-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: addition

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

There are other ways of keeping track of kids...one is called taking attendance in each class. There is simply no justification for forcing them to wear tracking devices like pets or criminals on house arrest.

Exactly!! Last I checked taking attendance is 100 times cheaper as well. They will need someone to write the program. A staff just to maintain the equipment and software. Money for the new cards. Money for the RFID chips. A separate staff to do the actual monitoring. Not to mention schooling for everyone who has to learn to use this technology. Why spend millions of dollars and precious time on something that's already pretty much free? A pen, paper and Microsoft excel (plus two minutes of name calling at the start of every class) is all you need.

The reason is obvious, we are in the NWO beta phase. 20 years from now you won't be able to buy, sell, vote, work or drive without your chip on (or in) you. #FACT
edit on 10/9/2012 by Allegorical because: Posted too quick. Had to finish my statement.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This sickens me.
Leave the children alone.
This is a tech companies drive to make a buck.
This tech already exists in field techs vans, courier companies and taxis.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Another argument for voter ID.

"I had a teacher tell me I would not be allowed to vote because I did not have the proper voter ID,"

They have to have one to vote for school homecoming but not for President of the United States?

On issue: As long as my child used this card at school and only at school I don't have a problem with it. If my child is in their hands for the day I want them to be able to know where they are at all times. Anything else is invasion of privacy.

edit: Okay I just realized this is most likely solely for attendance. The more children they can prove go to school in a district is the more money they can get for funding in that district. It's an issue they have had with proving overall attendance to the government.
edit on 9-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
infowars school interview

Heres a video link to the new report by alex jones channel.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
How about using the existing cards that the students ALREADY have (which have bar codes on them) and just putting a magnetic swipe on each teachers desk, every class you swipe in, problem solved.

What if I cut school and just have my friend bring my ID to school?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If a majority of the kids refused the tracking ID, there wouldn't be much of a homecoming. Sounds like these kids need to unite against them. I would tell my children to fight the authority if were still in school.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In Texas of all places...I didn't see that coming, not there anyway. Though after the Gardasil vaccinations it really shouldn't surprise me.

So whats next, CPS the kids, or arrest the parents for being parents and refusing?
Or will the school cut some deal with the kids away from the parents to get it to work? Like a gift certificate to GameStop, free iphone or something that appeals to the trendiness of children.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Idiocy in teaching - 101.

Rule number 1 - You can't teach kids that aren't present in class.

Truancy means nothing to kids today. Why would it?

Social conditioning has told kids that their parents can not tell them what to do for about half of a century now.

Guess what? It worked.

The present situation stems from the mentality that parents are not necessary and family doesn't matter any more.

Society has been reprogrammed so well that individual responsibility to anyone does not exist any more.

Parents can't control their kids. Society can't control them either.

Now the school district has to corral thousands of kids with no sense of responsibility who will get diplomas no matter what.

Yay affirmative action and NCLB. Great job at promoting failure at an early age as the norm.

It all worked so well but there's a catch. Schools aren't getting paid because the kids don't get held accountable and don't show up. So how can the schools continue to turn our kids into lazy manipulative parasites if they don't get funded?

Chip em like cattle.

A police state is the ultimate result of a progressive agenda.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
In Texas of all places...I didn't see that coming, not there anyway. Though after the Gardasil vaccinations it really shouldn't surprise me.

So whats next, CPS the kids, or arrest the parents for being parents and refusing?
Or will the school cut some deal with the kids away from the parents to get it to work? Like a gift certificate to GameStop, free iphone or something that appeals to the trendiness of children.

Yeah, I heard on the news back in August they were bribing kids with money in order to get them to attend the first day of school. What is our society coming to when we have to do these things to get kids to attend school?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hmmm....This could be a test to see how well it works before they start doing this to ALL of us. You know, like have a chip to scan for showing up to work (or you can't work) , a mandatory chip to scan for buying groceries, etc.. Maybe that kid who claimed it was the mark of the beast isn't too far off.
edit on 9-10-2012 by texasgirl because: Rephrased

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The school has no business knowing where the kid is if they are off school grounds. If they don't show up for school they are truant. Period. End of story.

Where they are instead of school is none of their business. Let the police handle the truancy laws as the law books dictate.

It has been shown time and time again that school officials can not be trusted with any kind of technology that monitors children outside of school. We have seen it with the laptop cameras that were used to spy on children without their knowledge. Imagine what they can do knowing where any given child is at any given time, day or night? Not to mention the indoctrination that is going on conditioning these children for life long 24 hour monitoring.

I am so freakin sick of power hungry people over-stepping their bounds.

DC

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join