It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Scientologists Insane?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by ImaFungi

Ah, yeah, right. Those e-meters sure are break though technology. Looks like they might need another trillion before the things actually function. Perhaps another trillion after that - and maybe just for good measure another trillion after that. Some sub world they have built for themselves. A den of crazy people involved in a massive pyramid scheme is more like it.

CJ

ohh you know something about theirs? must not be the real deal according to the line of thought i was traveling.....

ohh you know something about the technology they use? i guess you know it all....

ohh if there is a sub world you know all about it? oh noo you dont? ok yea....

den of crazy people involved in a massive pyramid scheme? you mean the government? you mean big business?
edit on 9-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
please ignore these questions like the last ones

Good Lord, man... what part of "L. Ron Hubbard said he was going to invent a religion to make money" don't you get? There are no questions associated with Scientology, apart from why people are so gullible as to believe something that was stated to be a fiction from its beginning.

Seriously, if you believe any of that Xenu nonsense, you need to seek out a deprogrammer as quickly as possible.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No, I mean scientology. All their trillions have gotten them is more laughter. They are pretty funny if they weren't so scary. Then again, most cults are pretty scary, and kinda funny at the same time. Even Idi Amin jokes get laughs today.

CJ

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Good Lord, man... what part of "L. Ron Hubbard said he was going to invent a religion to make money" don't you get? There are no questions associated with Scientology, apart from why people are so gullible as to believe something that was stated to be a fiction from its beginning.

Seriously, if you believe any of that Xenu nonsense, you need to seek out a deprogrammer as quickly as possible.

i dont believe the xenu nonsense,,,, like i said i think thats all a front.,.,.., why are you afraid/unable to answer my questions? i think they are good,, important,, deep and challenging...

i can be skeptical and suspicious,, while holding judgement and suspending belief,,, i seek truth in all things,, id rather know then not know,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

i dont believe the xenu nonsense,,,, like i said i think thats all a front

What is your evidence that it's a front? If you think that, what is your basis?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No, I mean scientology. All their trillions have gotten them is more laughter. They are pretty funny if they weren't so scary. Then again, most cults are pretty scary, and kinda funny at the same time. Even Idi Amin jokes get laughs today.

CJ

they have advanced technology,,, secrets about the human body and advanced medical equipment and teqiniques,,
the richest celebrities pay a lot of money to use this stuff,,, and they have their own social world,,,, every thing you laugh about scientology is not real,,, they are really laughing at you,, a million times a second,,,.,.
if this is true,, which i think it may be,, considering the amount of money and power involved,,, and considering as a human,, grown up i would attempt to do the same thing with the most beautiful, intelligent, wealthy and powerful people on the planet,, i believe there is a chance it may be true,,, it can also be not true,,, in which case i would then have no faith in the creativity,and philosophy of the human spirit what so ever......

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Reading through all the posts i can only come to one conclusion, theyre as crazy as rattlesnakes with moongoose kissing their tales.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Reading through all the posts i can only come to one conclusion, theyre as crazy as rattlesnakes with moongoose kissing their tales.

lol.... noone in this thread has tried to learn a thing about scientology, or think about what it may potentially be, its affect, its accuracy, other philosophical questions that are related to those.. etc...

or the concept of religion,, freedom of religion,, and what religion itself means at its essence and function,,

everyone posting in this thread has only tried to poke fun at scientology,, i cant remember one thing discussed about anything relative to the topic of the potential nature of scientologies existence as an entity in society,, and the potential relevence of many high celebrities secretly / openly spend extreme amounts of money,, and the stuff we are told is fluky,, and weird,,, i almost feel as if they are joking and rubbing that in our face,,,like yea,, make fun of us,, lol look how whacky we are,,,

i also remain viewing the situation as if scientologists are just next level organized deepak chopra or any other new age belief system,, driven into mega new age church.....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I guess its the religion showbusiness had to have

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

CJ

they have advanced technology,,, secrets about the human body and advanced medical equipment and teqiniques,,
the richest celebrities pay a lot of money to use this stuff,,, and they have their own social world,,,, every thing you laugh about scientology is not real,,, they are really laughing at you,, a million times a second,,,.,.
if this is true,, which i think it may be,, considering the amount of money and power involved,,, and considering as a human,, grown up i would attempt to do the same thing with the most beautiful, intelligent, wealthy and powerful people on the planet,, i believe there is a chance it may be true,,, it can also be not true,,, in which case i would then have no faith in the creativity,and philosophy of the human spirit what so ever......

What a neat "religion". Money and Power and Celebrities. The richest celebrities pay a lot of money to use this stuff. They are laughing at me. How charitable of them. Too bad they care not of sharing this amazing technology - if they cared, wouldn't it be free? Of course, only those who pay with their life savings are "in" on it - does it make you feel good you can laugh at me knowing you got suckered out of everything you own? That is the beauty - it is very hard for those who have given everything they have to admit they have been bamboozled. You will do anything to legitamize the cult you belong to. Beauty, wealth, riches - you keep going on about that - is this the most vain "religion" ever or what? John Travolta lives a lie in marriage and is a bad actor. He is ugly and his fake hair is heinous. He is rich though. How again does this make him better than anyone? Care to share how Hollywood actors are "the most intelligent" people on the planet? Because they too are suckers for a cult? I would think if one was so smart they wouldn't need a pyramid scheme money making business to make them feel better.

CJ

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They are no more or less insane than any other person who buys anything religion is selling. Why is their belief any more insane than thinking that an invisible man lives in the sky and watches everything we ever do then makes a judgement on us when we die?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes, they are insane. Even just 5 minutes of research will lead anybody to this conclusion.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

CJ

What a neat "religion". Money and Power and Celebrities. The richest celebrities pay a lot of money to use this stuff. They are laughing at me. How charitable of them. Too bad they care not of sharing this amazing technology - if they cared, wouldn't it be free? Of course, only those who pay with their life savings are "in" on it - does it make you feel good you can laugh at me knowing you got suckered out of everything you own? That is the beauty - it is very hard for those who have given everything they have to admit they have been bamboozled. You will do anything to legitamize the cult you belong to. Beauty, wealth, riches - you keep going on about that - is this the most vain "religion" ever or what? John Travolta lives a lie in marriage and is a bad actor. He is ugly and his fake hair is heinous. He is rich though. How again does this make him better than anyone? Care to share how Hollywood actors are "the most intelligent" people on the planet? Because they too are suckers for a cult? I would think if one was so smart they wouldn't need a pyramid scheme money making business to make them feel better.

CJ

I dont know about all that.,.,. but in my mind,,, its either one or the other,,.,.,.

1) its either they are all stupid,, idiots,, crazy,, believe in made up sci fi stories,. and waste a lot of money doing things the average psychologist can do,,,

2) or...... there is something more to it... that they are in on,,, and they cover this up with the wild claims and stories,, and facade .... if they cared why wouldnt it be free? they dont care,, the average person is a cockroach spiritually and intellectually compared to the enlightened,, why would they want to have a compound their collective money created to invite 7 billion other people to it?

ok so its either 1) or 2) .,,..,,.,. could be a blend.,.,,.,. but all your chips are on 1.,,.,.,.,.,.,. and thats cool,,, i and anyone can do that,, think that,,, and it can be true.,,.,..,,. but i can also be skeptical and try to think about this in another way,, that might also be true,,

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Last I checked they'll take anyones money - there is no intelligence quota to sign up.

CJ

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Although I am no fan of religion in general, at least in the Catholic faith you are not forced to pay money to be saved. They will bug you for a donation continuously, but no one is claiming you have to pay to be saved.

Is that why they were selling realestate in heaven not to long ago? Sure, giving donations is fine, but don't tell me i can buy a plot of ground in heaven, unless you want a pinoccio sized nose.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Although I am no fan of religion in general, at least in the Catholic faith you are not forced to pay money to be saved. They will bug you for a donation continuously, but no one is claiming you have to pay to be saved.

Is that why they were selling realestate in heaven not to long ago? Sure, giving donations is fine, but don't tell me i can buy a plot of ground in heaven, unless you want a pinoccio sized nose.

Who was selling real estate in heaven? Catholics? I've never heard that, and google isn't much help (too many real estate agents selling "heaven on Earth", lol)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ImaFungi is just trolling. I would not take him seriously.

Scientology summed up:
- a religion founded by a sci-fi/fantasy writer
- breakthrough technology that does not do anything
- a religion where the knowledge you gain depends on the money you invest
- the religion which spends the most money on advertising
- a religion with its own dedicated celibrity centres

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttilaTheHun
ImaFungi is just trolling. I would not take him seriously.

Scientology summed up:
- a religion founded by a sci-fi/fantasy writer
- breakthrough technology that does not do anything
- a religion where the knowledge you gain depends on the money you invest
- the religion which spends the most money on advertising
- a religion with its own dedicated celibrity centres

wow,,, sounds like your describing modern civilization

im not a troll,,,, im an open minded indivdual ( please say,, being open minded is good,, but not so much that your brain falls out lol
)

realize,,, please...... that I can perceive scientology and the situation it is in,,, and all it may be about,,, in the same manner you can... Understand that nucktard!! then since there may be more to the situation then meets the eyes,,, then,, since there may be more about scientology then you know (
thats just not possible!!) ... I can also think more in depth about this if there may be anything too it,.,.,.,. for some reason i have a feeling there may be..,,. i could be wrong or i could be right..... but from now on i will put on the front that i think scientology is a jehovahs witness 2.0 ,,, mixed with new age and sci fi ideology,,, a con,, a pyramid scheme,,, bunch of quakes,,, what fools,,, dummies,,,, ha ha ha theyve got it sooo bad.... this is fun...
edit on 11-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Can you link a source to this? That would be golden to see. Not doubting you in the least, in fact I believe some were. So there are property rights in Heaven, eh? I wonder who gets the biggest lot?

CJ

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Who was selling real estate in heaven? Catholics? I've never heard that, and google isn't much help (too many real estate agents selling "heaven on Earth", lol)

Yeah man back in the MIddle Ages and up to around the Renaissance they were selling real estate in heaven, they were selling indulgences too, something i heard recently restarted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join