It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Scientologists Insane?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i know nothing about Scientology and i thought id create this thread just tot Troll them a bit. Seriously however is anyone who joins or believes in what they do completely insane?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
All i can tell you is that it is a belief, just like other beliefs, a new belief but a belief.

All belong to same category for me. Who knows in about 1000 yrs, when Scientology is big, people gonna be like, see they had computers so and so ago, it is a proof our god had visited us in the past.. etc etc.
edit on 10/9/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Compared to many of us conspiracy lovers (I am including myself) here on ATS, I would say they are pretty normal

No seriously, I have talked a bit to some of them and hmm.... I see it as some kind of MLM company.
All about the Benjamins for the people in the top.

There are some good threads about them on ATS.
Make sure to read about how delegation of work is set up. Regarding pay for the people on the bottom vs the bosses. Interesting reading.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I know that L. Ron Hubbard, the creator of scientology is a science-fiction and fantasy writer. Just check wikipedia.

That expains quite a lot.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All you need to know:

BBC Panorama - Scientology and Me

"Scientology and Me", a Panorama investigation into Scientology written and presented by Sweeney, was aired on BBC One on Monday, 14 May 2007. Prior to its airing, video footage filmed by the Church of Scientology was released on YouTube[5] and on DVD[6] that showed Sweeney shouting at Scientology representative Tommy Davis during a visit to CCHR's "Psychiatry: An Industry of Death". The clips were sections of a documentary the Church of Scientology's Freedom Magazine TV produced about the BBC Panorama programme

BBC Panorama - John Sweeney - Secrets Of Scientology

A follow-up Panorama programme also hosted by Sweeney, which at an hour is twice the length of the original one was aired on the 28 September 2010. This documentary contained interviews with high profile ex-scientologist Mike Rinder who explained the tactics used by the church during the making of the previous documentary. Rinder had been involved in the Scientology organisation's stalking of Sweeney.

John Sweeney

My encounter with Scientology: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Quite possibly......

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
When the believe in god is just an slogan on money , you can expect anything to happen

When people refuse to accept a creator with unique order , they just come to superstitions and their own semi-raw perception of truth.

They get static and after finding some thing new about the order of universe , they feel like they are god.

IMO , the more people study and learn the more stubborn they get. I mean it is hard to learn and stay modest.

All the DNA , fascinating human body , balanced nature used to exist thousands of years ago.

But human beings were not stubborn like they are today.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
nope,..,.,

they just know something,,, everyone else doesnt know.,,...,

all the richest people are scientologists ( i know money doesnt equal brains,,, but when you have money you can find people who can find people with brains)

to me scientology seems like a scientific and modern answer to religion.,,.., its trying to combine moral duty,, the value of morality,, and being a good and healthy person,, with the advance in technology,, and an enlightened and open minded vision of the possibilities of the future....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

But human beings were not stubborn like they are today.

Heh, that's not what God said while crossing the desert. If you believe that story.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Equally as crazy as Christians. Muslims, and Jews.

No different than the Great Spaghetti Monster, or Reptilians.
edit on 9-10-2012 by watchitburn because: Can't forget reptilians

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I hate to generalize people... casting aspersions on a whole group at once...

But, yes.

Put it this way...

According to The Visual Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, ed. Brian Ash, Harmony Books, 1977:

"...[Hubbard] began making statements to the effect that any writer who really wished to make money should stop writing and develop [a] religion, or devise a new psychiatric method. Harlan Ellison's version (Time Out, UK, No 332) is that Hubbard is reputed to have told [John W.] Campbell, "I'm going to invent a religion that's going to make me a fortune. I'm tired of writing for a penny a word." Sam Moskowitz, a chronicler of science fiction, has reported that he himself heard Hubbard make a similar statement, but there is no first-hand evidence". (Source)

There is the founder of this "religion", saying straight forward that he's going to make it up to make money, which is exactly what he did.

And then there is the claim by Hubbard that Xenu and his alien buddies came to Earth in spaceships that looked exactly like DC-8s.

Here's Hubbard on Xenu, including that reference to the DC-8... if you buy into this yarn, puerile even by the standards of a 1940s science fiction author, yes, you're insane.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

can the conspiracy theorist within you skeptically imagine that the more outlandishly known details of scientology are cover stories,, to keep from everyone in the public wanting to transfer over,, or because they believe the public at large is not ready? I think with all that money and all those celebrities,,, there may even be some advanced medicine, science, and technology that they use to live better and healthier,,, it is called science-tology ,.,,.,
im pretty sure they believe a gnostic like concept,, of being a pure energetic ( spirtual?) being who is having a human experience,,, and i believe they want to try to make the most and best out of the experience,, be in control,, advance their knowledge and spiritual understanding,, be healthy,, be conscious of their animalistic nature and desires,, pretty much going the whole way,, where as other religions only go so far,,, to me scientology desirees to completely break free from preconceived notions to what it means to be a human at all,, and try to objectively view how that pure energetic spirit really fundamentally is,,,

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

It's a cult... they brainwash people.

Stop trying to find conspiracy where stupidity and greed can explain everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

It's a cult... they brainwash people.

Stop trying to find conspiracy where stupidity and greed can explain everything.

what group of people interacting via information is not a cult?

what human beginning from birth ignorant,,,programmed information over the span of its life is not brainwashed?

why do you assume the status quo, or any religion, is a more viable way for a human to perceive its existence then the inside doctrine of scientology which you do not know of?

your probably right though,,, its easier not to think about anything.,,.,.., they are dummies.. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

They are nutjobs and hucksters. They are simply a racket. Although I am no fan of religion in general, at least in the Catholic faith you are not forced to pay money to be saved. They will bug you for a donation continuously, but no one is claiming you have to pay to be saved. For these wackos you can't reach you wacky levels of clear unless you fork over the dough. Sounds like a funny sci-fi cult that is really just a business based on fear.

CJ

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Scientology's "The Bridge to Total Freedom" currently costs in excess of $300,000. That's quite a bit more than a Gregorian Mass Series, if one believes in that (I do)

Love your signature, btw.
edit on 9-10-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

They are nutjobs and hucksters. They are simply a racket. Although I am no fan of religion in general, at least in the Catholic faith you are not forced to pay money to be saved. They will bug you for a donation continuously, but no one is claiming you have to pay to be saved. For these wackos you can't reach you wacky levels of clear unless you fork over the dough. Sounds like a funny sci-fi cult that is really just a business based on fear.

CJ

what could they possibly need so much money for?

religion is 99.9 percent information..,,.,. in this day and age that can be transacted freely....

this is why im skeptical.,,.

the amount of money the celebrities have forked over over the years is probably in the trillions.,.,.,

they can have legions of scientests with unlimited resources working on breakthrough technology and medical sciences ( like i believe the military most likely does).,..,., ( and this is what i would do if i was in charge of a religion......this is what i would do if i was in charge of the world).... focus on the science,.,,. so if what i say is possibly true,,, it would be like scientolgoy itself is its own subworld,,, its own government,,, with its own customs and economy,,.,. like an existing atlantis,,,, i can imagine this real deal being for all the highest paying celebs and buisness peeps,,, and the regular crusty average people of the world,, to them its just a regular religion,,, kind of what people think of freemasonry..,

thats what i would do if i was smart and had a lot of money,,, looks like l ron beat me too it

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Scientology's "The Bridge to Total Freedom" currently costs in excess of $300,000. That's quite a bit more than a Gregorian Mass Series, if one believes in that (I do)

Love your signature, btw.
edit on 9-10-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

$300k? I guess this is the religion of 1%ers. I always felt like I was paying in guilt $ when I oogled the pretty girl in the pew one up from me at mass. Roman Catholics have a way of making you pay too I guess.

Thanks for the sig coment!

CJ

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

WHAT DOES THE WORD SCIENTOLOGY MEAN?
The word Scientology, conceived by L. Ron Hubbard, comes from the Latin scio which means “knowing, in the fullest meaning of the word” and the Greek word logos which means “study of.” It means knowing how to know. Scientology is further defined as “the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life.”

seems pretty innocent to me.......

you will say.,.,.,. yea well how does he know that?

I will say,,,, is it impossible to know anything?

if it is possible to know something,.,.,.,. how do you determine what he does and does not truly know?

can a human be correct about their interpretation of reality?

what is your interpretation of reality? is it from books youve read or something youve heard from others? ( you know like being brainwashed)... or do you have personal views you have determined independently of anyone else?

please ignore these questions like the last ones

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ah, yeah, right. Those e-meters sure are break though technology. Looks like they might need another trillion before the things actually function. Perhaps another trillion after that - and maybe just for good measure another trillion after that. Some sub world they have built for themselves. A den of crazy people involved in a massive pyramid scheme is more like it.

CJ

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join