It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failing is Succeeding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
From my latest blog
, as always sharing here on ats. Failing is succeeding

“Failure is not an option”

One thing you will realize during your spiritual journey is that everything that had occurred to you happened for a reason. Even during your darkest moments, you are having a spiritual growth. It may not appear that way at first, but that is because you will come to notice when you healed your past and figured out the good in them. That is when the magic starts as a stream of epiphanies and realization flows through you like a stream of water. Everything you went through had prepared you for your ultimate destination, whether you were aware of it or not.

Making a full stop from running away

There comes a time during a man or woman’s life that we finally find that one voice after a moment of despair. We make a full stop; look back, and ponder at what were we running away from in the first place. You dissect your past and study each moment to find a piece of the overall puzzle. This piece of the puzzle is the good aspect that came from that experience. When you look at them closely, you will see the lessons learned, along with any skill you have acquired during.

For example:

Hobbies, special interests, writing, reading, and even video gaming; all have a hidden lesson behind them. What you once thought was a waste of time, (especially due to those who implanted you with this belief) actually had a lesson that you could apply in everyday life. Anything you did during these moments of darkness is actually an extremely useful piece of the puzzle you will form as you look more into the past and heal it.

The Game of experience

The more you heal the past, the more you will be able to take out the experiences gained and apply it to your life. When you least realize it, you will have put together a huge jigsaw puzzle of what you truly have achieved which is behind the dark cloud of the hidden emotions and so on.

Ever played a video game? Those who play role-playing games know that in order to advance further in the game you need to level up your characters. You level them up by gaining experience points, the more experience you gain, the more you level up your characters, and the more you level up your characters, the more powerful they become, and the more powerful they become, the easier the game gets. This is only, but one lesson we can get from this topic, listen carefully, and you will see more.

I used to spend hours upon hours, leveling up my characters just to make the game easier. What did I learn from this? It taught me many great lessons actually.

Patience:

If you never thought you had patience, yet you played a video game for hours and hours, you may want to look back at this moment and reconsider your thoughts. If you know you have patience for something, then you have patience for anything. It is that simple, your ego may disagree with this, but your true self knows, that you may be using “I don’t have patience” as an excuse to validate laziness in your life.

The truth is hard to grasp, especially when it comes to admitting that we do not do what we want, mostly because we are lazy, and that laziness has become a burden, embedded deep inside our subconscious, which blocks any inside view on our true strengths. However, the ultimate truth is that you do have what it takes; you do have the tools in your possession. You just need to discover it.

Perseverance and determination

We could all learn a lot from gamers, while it is a shame most of them do not see this for themselves, a few do manage to break through the veil and discover hidden skills they subconsciously possessed while playing video games. One of them is perseverance and determination.

When you buy that game you have been wanting the past few months, you only have one goal in mind, and that is to conquer the realm of that specific game. This is where you display Perseverance and determination. They also do this through the power of focused thought. (Which is an essential skill needed to manifest along with the laws of attraction).

Why is it easy for gamers to discover this?
Because most gamers play games with passion and passion comes from the heart.

Leadership.

In a video game like world of warcraft, you would be surprised on how many people actually gain leadership skills by leading groups through dungeons. The task of having ten to twenty five people working together in synchronicity is not an easy task, but an admirable one, once it is accomplished.

Many take this for granted, but once mastered; they display discipline and courage and become surer of themselves the more they accomplish their goals. They learn to be strategic, communicate well, and as a bonus; they learn to be aware of not only the actions of the people around them, but also of the events occurring in their environment. This helps them focus on the now.

Trade skills

In an online game like warcraft, there is also an economy that involves the auction house. Here players gather, to sell items they do not need. It is here where people can learn about trading, as they study carefully what items are hot with every new expansion, and buy/gather stocks of a specific item and resell for a higher price. Ironically it is also here where you learn, that inflation occurs the more money exists, as prices tends to go insanely high for a specific stock or item.

I could name more lessons you learn in a game, but doing so would probably lead me into writing a book about it, which I will pass on. Nevertheless, I hope you get the idea that I am trying to convey here.

Why I used a video game as an analogy

Now, I am not saying to start playing video games. While it is true that you gain many experiences through it, the bottom line is, the analogy I showed here, is but an example of many lessons you learn through your own personal interests. Lessons can be discovered with just about anything you do in your life.

For instance, every past you heal is another jigsaw puzzle gained for the grand picture and your grand purpose. Through here, you will find your hidden strengths to what you once called your “weakness”, only the mind will have gained a new perspective on how it views this thanks to the experience gained throughout your life. This is the key to finding out where and how to begin viewing your world in a different perspective. In addition, it is here, where you will unlock your hidden potential as your mind begins to expand. The more you learn about yourself, the more confident you become.

continued....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why failing is succeeding

No matter where you are in life, no matter how hard life gets, you do have in your possession an arsenal of information ready at your disposal, but it takes some cleaning up. It is mostly through our failures that we learn the best lessons about ourselves. It is through failures that get you to grow, and value what you have in the now. Because you understand the value, you do not take things for granted, as many people in today’s society do.

You are meant to fail. And guess what? It is ok to do so because at the same time, you are meant to grow. Much like a yin yang relationship, nothing “bad” happens without something good coming out of it. The more obstacles you surpass the more life will make sense to you. You just need a few minor adjustments to your perspective, and those adjustments occur through experiences healed from our past. When you think about it more deeply, failure technically is not an option, because failure doesn't exist. It is an illusion much like the ego is. And if you don't believe me, analyze the following question:

"If you succeed at failing, which of both did you really do?"

Namaste

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Distinctly Orwellian logic...Doublethink at its finest.

When you take the time to think about it, and are capable of meandering outside your little box of familiarity on extended field trips, the three concepts actually make sense:

Slavery is Freedom

War is Peace

Ignorance is Strength

You can see it all around us. And just so, you can see that without failure, we never learn what doesn't work, and thereby we cannot find what DOES work.
edit on 9-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You failed to see the point of this post, but you have succeeded in making a good point

second line

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
edit: sorry, double post again >.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Then I am succeeding immensely

I could be the poster girl for that FAILURE

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I disagree.

1. I never fail. When something doesn't go according to plan, I just adjust the definition of winning. Hence I always win.

2. I have no "spirit" to grow. I am, and that is all that is necessary.

3. I don't think the past can be "healed", in fact this makes no sense. The past is just that, past. Nothing can ever change because it has already happened. Past experiences contribute to who people become, attempting to alter it would be self defeating.

4. Video games are irrelevant to the physical world.

I'll stop here.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Do you always spoil the creativity of these speculative threads? You must have no imagination.

And if we're talking "relevant to the physical world", you must not be taking that very seriously if we can't even rely on your definition of 'winning'.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, I'm imaginative enough to change the definition of winning

I usually don't get into these threads, but with all the "healing the past" and running away from things, video games, and the title "Failure = winning" I couldn't help myself.

I'm also a little drunk

But these are my views, and they work for me. Feel free to disregard them.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Nothing to see here accept a perfect lecture on " How we muddy the waters " by Muddy Waters.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I disagree.

1. I never fail. When something doesn't go according to plan, I just adjust the definition of winning. Hence I always win.

2. I have no "spirit" to grow. I am, and that is all that is necessary.

3. I don't think the past can be "healed", in fact this makes no sense. The past is just that, past. Nothing can ever change because it has already happened. Past experiences contribute to who people become, attempting to alter it would be self defeating.

4. Video games are irrelevant to the physical world.

I'll stop here.

You disagree with something you agree with.

Why do I say that? Because if you look and read deeply into what i said, you would notice that I said "Failure doesn't really exist". Many of your points I pointed out just using different words.

I went on further to explain why I used the video game analogy.

Why I used a video game as an analogy Now, I am not saying to start playing video games. While it is true that you gain many experiences through it, the bottom line is, the analogy I showed here, is but an example of many lessons you learn through your own personal interests. Lessons can be discovered with just about anything you do in your life.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree. To fail, is to learn. To lose is to gain space for more treasure.

From a tactical point of view, when you are in defeat and your enemy in victory, his defenses are down and yours are more heightened. That moment can relieve victory form your enemies hands and place it in yours. Final moments are a bitch when celebrating amongst enemies is the price of pride.

from darkness and despair, strength and resolve are forged.

When all is lost, all is up for grabs.

When you are lost, your enemies do not seek you out.

When you are week, your enemies do not perceive your threat.

There is no purpose after winning except preservation of that state, it is there after always a slow process of becoming stale, death. There are infinite purposes to achieving victory, and all time is suspended until it is yours, your are then quickened.

You suffer not attrition and fatigue when you have nothing to lose.

Bruce lee once said that the greatest opponent to fight is a wild man who knows nothing, he teaches you the most. If you have everything to learn, you are pure knowledge being forged, victory being discovered. When you know much, you always seek to apply that finite knowledge to avoid failure, failure ever present.

I like the OP....that is my take on it.

edit on 9-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Yes, finally someone read the whole thing!

Much love to you

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My reply to this post just vanished in front of me, funny that. Anyway great post and perhaps what I just wrote to you and others will be received anyway. So I will be satisfied with this be it a success story or a failure.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

the more experience you gain, the more you level up your characters, and the more you level up your characters, the more powerful they become, and the more powerful they become, the easier the game gets.

And when the game gets easier, people think you're tough. And when people think you're tough, they wanna see how tough. And when they wanna see how tough, you end up in a roadside ditch. Don't end up in a roadside ditch.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

One of our many pitfalls as a vain species.

new topics

top topics

join