It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experiences with nature spirits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'd like to share some of the experiences I've had while visiting an amazing place.

A profound appreciation for nature has been instilled in me thanks to the experiences I've had there. I feel no need to find out how or why these things happen, I just accept and appreciate them.

It would take many pages to attempt to relate all the strange goings-on there,
so I will share what I consider some of the most noteworthy. These include:
1. Anomalies in the physical terrain
2. Strange animal behavior
3. Encounters with what I believe to be some sort of nature spirits

Some relatives of mine own a huge farm which has been in their family for a long time. It is located near a river in the Great Plains region of the U.S. Their farm is separated from a neighboring farm by a fairly large piece of land.
Because there are six ponds on that piece of land, we call it 'The Ponds'.
Not very imaginative, I know! We kept it simple.
The property was owned by the neighboring farmer till recently, when my relatives bought the land. The previous owner let us hike on the property anytime. It comprises 88 acres. (per the deed) Though it's practically surrounded by farmland, The Ponds area itself isn't suitable at all for farming. It's 88 acres of giant rocks, the ponds, thick vegetation and a beautiful forest.

People realize on their first visit that it's a 'different' place. The terrain is amazing, with steep cliffs, caves and an abundance of interesting nooks and crannies in the rocks. There are several springs trickling down out of the hills. One of them turns into a fast flowing brook with little pools and waterfalls.

I have a couple of friends who are afraid of the place. They really become unnerved and frightened by 'something' they feel is supernatural there, and now they won't go back there. I have a reverence for the place. I love it.

I said there were anomalies in the terrain. These include weird gravel mounds that appear overnight. They're usually about three feet in diameter and around two feet tall. We've seen them several times. We've seen seven of them in a semi-circle. They're not made by any burrowing animals digging holes. I have no idea what's creating them. (I'll post a pic.)
Also on the property is an area we call the 'boulder field' (I'll post a pic)
After walking through the boulder field, you cross a meadow to get to the ponds. My cousin and I were shocked to see a huge boulder sitting out in the meadow. We had walked through the meadow a few days before that, and no boulders were there. Somehow, a boulder was moved about 200 feet out into the meadow. Of course we have absolutely no clue how it got there.

There is a mesa-shaped hill that is directly in the center of the property, between two of the ponds. It has the classic flat top of a mesa like the ones common in the southwestern U.S. It's just utterly weird that this strange 'mesa' is sitting there. I've found some great fossils in the area on and around the mesa. When you climb the mesa, and especially when you reach the top, you feel an energy, a power. Sometimes it's palpable, like the air is just thick with an energy. I would guess it's a magnetic energy, possibly created by all the minerals and crystal there. There are hunks of white and rose quartz there. (I'll post a pic of the mesa)

Animals:
This is probably my favorite experience:
I was hiking alone once on a beautiful Sunday morning. I had been there about an hour. I sat down on a rock by the big pond. What happened over the next 20 minutes or so astounded me.

First, a huge red-tailed hawk glided right past me, its wingtip almost touching my ear. It skimmed the water, then landed in a tree across the pond. To my left, about 100 feet away, a deer had taken her fawn down to get a drink. Across the pond, where the hawk was, I saw a big raccoon foraging in the water. Looking down at the pond, I saw fish and tadpoles swimming around. I saw a few turtles sunning themselves on the rocks. Dragonflies and butterflies were flying around. I saw a large water snake very slowly slither up onto a rock. Two lizards were climbing on the rocks around me.

I remained very still so I wouldn't spook the animals, but I had an urge to turn around. I very slowly turned to look behind me. There was a red fox sitting up on the bank about 30 feet behind me, watching me.
When I made eye contact, he nodded his head as if he was saying hello.

I looked at him for a minute, then turned back to the pond. A beaver was now swimming across, with a branch in his mouth, heading for his dam.
I heard a loud owl call, so I looked over at the trees. A great horned owl was perched on a branch. Animals were coming out from everywhere.

I went back there the next day with my cousin. On the top of the bank,
just a few feet from where the fox had been sitting, were the seven strange mounds of gravel I mentioned earlier. The ground where they appeared was thick with grass and shrubs, and there were no holes that we could see.
It looked like the gravel had been somehow brought there and deposited there. Again, I have no clue what formed them. They were not there when I was there the day before.

On several occasions, baby animals including rabbits, squirrels and foxes have approached me and 'hung out' with me. I have a video of two baby squirrels 'hiking' with me. They followed me like puppies. The animals there always look super healthy.
They seem to exhibit an unusual intelligence sometimes. It's like they're welcoming you to their place. ( I know that sounds really new-agey... sorry!)
I have a 12-year old nephew who has hiked there with me. The animals seem to really like him. Bull snakes have notoriously nasty dispositions and will bite you without hesitation. He has picked up bull snakes there several times. One of them was huge. They act affectionate to him. The huge one didn't want to leave my nephew. He set it down on the ground and it came back to him. I've been searching for a photo of my nephew that I took on a hike last summer. The photo was taken with a digital camera, I have it on a flash drive. It looks like an image of him was superimposed onto the background. There appears to be some kind of outline or aura around him. He's walking down a ridge. It's hard to explain the pic, but everyone who's seen it has commented on how strange it looks, like the background just doesn't look "real".

This pic shows the 'entrance' to the ponds.
ThePonds1

This pic shows the big pond. The strange gravel mounds I mentioned can be seen on the right, up on the bank.
Ponds2

The boulder field
Ponds3

I'll continue...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
continued...

The Nature Spirits:
Once while three of us were hiking, we saw some strange ripples on the surface of one of the smaller ponds. It looked like something was gently slapping the water's surface. We thought it must be fish coming near the surface. I kept watching the water when I suddenly saw something floating and gliding around the edge of the pond. It looked like a giant soap bubble floating through the air. It was round, about five or six feet in diameter. It was so cool looking...it was beautiful.
When it moved out into the sunlight, you could see light pinkish, violet or light purple, and blue colors shimmering on the thing. We all saw it. It moved like it had a purpose. Rather than just randomly floating like a bubble in the breeze, it changed direction several times and then hovered over one area for probably 20 seconds before floating up over a steep bank and out of sight. I saw another one about a month later. The second one was more oval or egg shaped.

My cousin said he's seen them six or seven times. He said while he was driving very early in the morning, he came up behind one that appeared to be following the road. He watched it going up the road for a few seconds, then it quickly veered off into the ponds area.

One of my friends who is now afraid of the place said he was hiking and had planned on taking a lot of photos. He was wearing a small backpack with his camera stuff in it. He said something invisible grabbed one of the backpack straps and pulled so hard it nearly bent him over backwards. He quickly left the area and won't go back there.

My nephew and I were at the top of the bank by the big pond. We were
watching some lizards called racerunners. They're very cool...some of them have bright blue or green tails. They can run insanely fast. (Their name is appropriate)
We sat down on a huge rock and were just talking and looking around. We saw some extremely weird disturbance on the surface of the water, like something invisible would dart across the water, then slow down. It was moving all over the pond. Suddenly, the wind started blowing like mad. It was swirling around us, and my nephew almost lost his T shirt. His shirt was blowing up over his head and when he reached up to pull it, the sleeves were moving right up through his arms. The wind would have actually removed his shirt if he hadn't grabbed it and held it. He said "The wind is attacking us!" I thought he was getting really frightened, but it turned out he was laughing. He's a neat kid. We began walking back towards the meadow, with the wind blowing so hard I thought at one point we'd be lifted off the ground. It subsided as we got further away from the pond, till it was totally calm. Not even a slight breeze. I got the distinct impression that we weren't being menaced at all, but were being 'shown' something. A power or a force? I felt very invigorated after the wind experience. I felt great. We have all noticed how strange the wind behaves there, like it's playing with you.

The 'mesa'
Ponds4

This is the pond where we saw the 'bubble' thing. If you look in the distance, you can see the mesa.
Ponds5

A closer view of that pond
Ponds6

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It sounds really lovely! I wish I could see the pictures, but I don't want to sign up for a Flickr account. Can you post them another way?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow, I occasionally experience similar connections with animals but never to such an extent as you. Animals do seem to have a sixth sense sometimes, and a psychic connection, kind of along the lines of what Cleve Backster found with his research on plants that seem to have psychic abilities as well (crazy but true).

Wish I could visit this place. What is your impression of what is going on? Some kind of sacred site - maybe the butte/mesa was the site, at one time, for indigenous peoples' ceremonies etc.?

Are you an animal lover? I wonder too if your friends who are spooked by the place really don't have a connection with animals - and maybe they're creeped out by the interactive vibe of animals at the place. I'd be looking for native american artifacts, etc., maybe even using dowsing rods to try to locate things of importance to possibly figuring out what went on at this site in the past.

On the other hand, being a refuge in the midst of lots of farmland, as you have described, the animals may just be drawn to the place as a safe wilderness area, especially if they have not been mistreated in any way. Being isolated may make humans "just another animal" and therefore nothing to run from....maybe they are really wanting to interact with you.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Nirvana999 because: wasn't quite sure how to star this but figured it out....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirvana999

Yes, I'm an animal lover, and I do think it is a sacred place. If for no other reason, just the animals.

It sounds like people are having a hard time viewing the pics, although the links should allow a view.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
continued...

The Nature Spirits:
Once while three of us were hiking, we saw some strange ripples on the surface of one of the smaller ponds. It looked like something was gently slapping the water's surface. We thought it must be fish coming near the surface. I kept watching the water when I suddenly saw something floating and gliding around the edge of the pond. It looked like a giant soap bubble floating through the air. It was round, about five or six feet in diameter. It was so cool looking...it was beautiful.
When it moved out into the sunlight, you could see light pinkish, violet or light purple, and blue colors shimmering on the thing. We all saw it. It moved like it had a purpose. Rather than just randomly floating like a bubble in the breeze, it changed direction several times and then hovered over one area for probably 20 seconds before floating up over a steep bank and out of sight. I saw another one about a month later. The second one was more oval or egg shaped.

I once saw two of these only smaller, round and the size of basketballs. They flew up through my alley and when I noticed them, they noticed me and one flew around me and then they both took off down the alley the other way.
They were iridescent in color,
like a thin rainbow almost but like you described much better as a bubble.

I was meditating and heard a voice in my mind say go look outside, more like a push, and then I saw them.
This was many years ago, however, yours is one of the first stories I have heard that resembles what I think they are. These were animal spirits or something along those lines, because they reminded me of swallows in how the swooped and flew around, and they were intelligent and aware that I was aware of them. Very strange!

Anyways, I believe you!

edit on 9-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What an awesome story, thanks! That place sound very magical, I can see why you love it so much. How do you get to view the pictures? It says I'm not allowed. Never mind I can see them now.

A fox nodded hello!! Love it!!

Ok, yes the mesa looks really strange, like its a different soil that doesn't have any grass growing on it. Really beautiful place.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Pilot because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by Pilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Interesting stories to be sure. From the photos it looks like your "ponds" are actually leftover pit mines that have since filled with water. That would explain the random boulders everywhere as well as what you call the Mesa which looks like a pile of mine tailings to me.
Such an environment with water, cover and underground areas would be a boon for wildlife. It might also explain your sudden wind if there were a mine shaft vent somewhere nearby.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

We asked the farmer that owned the land (before my relatives bought it) a lot of questions. He said the area was 'undisturbed'.
He claimed the terrain is the result of glacial activity. His family had the land since the late 1800s.
We asked him a long time ago if he's had any weird experiences there. He said "plenty".
I'm going to ask him for some details. I'm going there this weekend.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Thrilling read! Thanks for taking the time to share this.
Is the nephew an only child?
If not - do any of his siblings ever venture there with you?
I have not been able to see the pics...but suppose I don't really need to. The "telling" will suffice for me.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Love this thread.
I have a "minor" experience with nature spirits. Whenever nature heads towards the next season, I can sense when the nature spirits are transitioning to the next one way before the calendar date.

This might be helpful if you want to show the images as thumbnails.
secure.flickr.com...

I was unable to view them with my Flickr account.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
WOW what a story!!! Love this kinda stuff. I would just love to visit this place. I strongly believe in these things and would love to exerience something similar!!!

You mentionned that there were a lot of quartz cristal there, and another person mentionned the it could be mines/mine shafts?! What about a Quartz Mine? I carry a white quartz with me all the time (I actually never leave home without it).

There are energetic/healing properties associated with quartz cristals. I use mine to cleanse negative energy around me anywhere I go. And I also use it during Healing Sessions (Reiki) to enhance the healing energy. I have noticed it made a difference since I started using it.

I mention this because this could be the source of the "energy in the air" that you have been feeling in the area.

Link

Link

Link

Hope this helped!! S&F for a fascinating Story!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There has never been any mining done there. The area is, for the most part, undisturbed by humans.

I think the problem some people have with viewing the pics might be browser related. I don't have any privacy restrictions selected on my Fliker acct... 'public viewing' is selected which should just open the link and display the images. Several people have mentioned that they were able to view the pics.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

My nephew has a pair of older twin sisters who are now away at college. They went for a hike with us there once, several years ago. They had fun, but I think it might have been a little too 'outdoorsy' for them.

My nephew is just a great kid. As i said, the place seems to welcome him.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Aye, got it to work now.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thisis why I continue to have love and hope for this world, our planet and all the mysteries it holds. I was tear filled while reading your story, I could feel and sense what words failed to convey. What a lovely thread, please allow me to friend you on this forum because you are exactly the type of person I love.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm honored! Thank you! I'm glad you liked hearing about that amazing place. My cousin and I are going to speak with the farmer who knows the history of the place from wayyyy back. If there's anything really noteworthy, I will certainly post it. I feel compelled to share this stuff. It really is incredible.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just bumping this beautiful story up for our night readers, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wonderful scenery and story! and btw I had no trouble viewing the pics and i do not have a flicker acct.
sometimes I feel like nature talks to me too. I have a coopers hawk that is almost a pet. he hangs around waiting for me to shoot a starling for him. and he has no fear of me at all. he even looks in my windows.
coyotes are common now, and although I rarely see them they for some reason seem to leave my farm animals alone. they could easily have my pygmy goats or my chickens in the evenings.
I have mockingbirds that follow me around the garden, singing. Hummingbirds and butterflys and hummingbird moths seem to want my attention.
It's so cool, sometimes nature seems to want to communicate and be with me and I the same. I've always felt like my little farm has an 'aura' that is very special. Like I was meant to be here.

top topics

join