It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Pope for Hire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My friend told me that there is a prophecy where before the end of the world there will be a african american pope... has anyone else heard this?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
well.... I think it would be nice.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think this may have been discussed before under a different heading -- but there is also a theory that it doesn't refer to the color of skin but is referring to the Superior General of the Jesuits, the so-called "Black Pope".

jm

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Cardinal Arinzi is black. He's from Africa.
He is one of the 'favored' to possibly be
the next pope. He's really awesome.
We had the honor to meet him once.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You also may be thinking of the Catholic Prophecy that is a couple hundred years old and which lists all the Popes, by name, right up to the return and also gives a brief description of each one's reign.

Apparently it has been correct every time and in the original, unaltered, prediction there is only suposed to be one more Pope who will lead the Church astray into apostasy - some say it is the Black Pope (not a black Pope) that the other person mentioned who is in charge of the Jesuits.

I disagree with this view unless the person I am thinking of is actually in that position which he may be. The Bible refers to this last Pope as the False Prophet and thus harmonizes with the prediction in this regard.

The prophecy was subsequently altered and another one added to the list so as not to unduly influence the events when they came to pass - this from a Catholic friend of mine who had researched it thoroughly.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
I think this may have been discussed before under a different heading -- but there is also a theory that it doesn't refer to the color of skin but is referring to the Superior General of the Jesuits, the so-called "Black Pope".

jm

I think you watched "The Order" to many times
Good movie though.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Kidfinger -- I've never seen The Order -- will have to check it out though if you say it is good..... I did a search on google and found a bunch of stuff that said the stuff about the Jesuit info -- but I think if I remember it was dicussed here awhile ago also in another thread.

So is the movie good enough to use some of a gift certificate to Blockbuster for?

jm

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I liked it
It had Heath Ledger as a priest that is solving a mystery of why a friend of his was killed. Oh, and the bad guy litterally eats your sin!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Looks like I will be using part of my gift certificate -- not only on your recommendation but based on the fact that I looked Heath up and he is a hunk
But the story sounds good too

thanks
jm

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Kidfinger won't have to use my gift certificate after all -- The Order was on HBO tonight -- it was good. Of course I felt bad for the Sin Eater.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I neither agree or disagree.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Black Pope, Superior General of the Jesuits : Peter Hans Kolvenbach.

www.vaticanassassins.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
Kidfinger won't have to use my gift certificate after all -- The Order was on HBO tonight -- it was good. Of course I felt bad for the Sin Eater.

Yeah, movies that make the bad guy good are definatly a leap from the norm. Glad you liked it. BTW, my wife freaks of Heath too

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity
Disclaimer: I neither agree or disagree.

Than how can we agree to disagree?

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Black Pope, Superior General of the Jesuits : Peter Hans Kolvenbach. www.vaticanassassins.org...

I think he got everyone except Prince Charles...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

african american pope

the prophecy is an african pope, not african american pope

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
FIRST OF ALL, PHIL, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AFRICAN AMERICAN; AFRICA WAS NAMED AFTER LEO AFRICANUS AND AMERICA WAS NAMED AFTER AMERICANUS VANPUSCIE. NOW, THERE WERE BLACK POPES. ST. PETER, THE FIRST POPE OF THE ROM. CATH. CHURCH, IS BLACK. FOR THIS SHOCKING INFORMATION, GET YOUR HANDS ON A BOOK, "SAINTS AND SINNERS: HISTORY OF THE POPES" AND IT SHOWS YOU A JET BLACK IMAGE OF ST. PETER. YOU CAN ALSO GET YOUR HANDS ON THE "PAPACY" AND IT WILL SHOW YOU A JET BLACK IMAGE OF ST. PETER.
JUST SO THAT YOU KNOW, APOSTLE PETER WAS NOT THE ONLY BLACK POPE.
DARK LORD OF THE SITH

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The possiblity of a Black Pope is closer than you think!

Bishop of Belleville, Illinois
Springfield Illinois South to Cario Illinois
Wilton Gregory
President of Catholic Bishops

He was elected by the US Bishops to the position of US President of Bishops.

He is the one who is comming down hard on the molestation of children by priests.

He is the one who is cleaning house here in the states, and is a fast rising Bishop.

Bishop Gregory is a very smart man and is in favor of the Pope John Paul.

Bishop Gregory has a way to go though, he must become a Carndinal first, so sometime down the road, He could be a possible Pope.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A POSSIBILITY OF A BLACK POPE, BLACK POPES ALREADY RULED THE PAPACY, COMMENCING WITH ST. PETER, LITTLE CHILDREN.!!

new topics

top topics

join