It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu announces early Israeli election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"Prime Minister seeks to call snap elections to take advantage of his relatively good standing and prevent his rivals from strengthening their platforms."

Real translation: "Let's get the election out of the way so we can attack Iran."

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to announce early elections Tuesday after holding talks with coalition heads, political sources say, and the Prime Minister's Office announced that the premier would be holding a press conference at 20:00 P.M. on the issue. According to estimates, the elections will be held in the end of January or the beginning of February. After pushing the "red line" for Iran to the summer in his UN General Assembly speech, sources close to Netanyahu said his statements meant the elections will be held earlier than planned. This, both in order to force a security-oriented agenda on the rivals' campaigns, and because of Netanyahu's concern over U.S. President Barack Obama's likely reelection and fear of diplomatic retaliation for the Israeli premier's support of Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think the Iran- Israel War will be almost over by Jan 2013.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to announce early elections Tuesday after holding talks with coalition heads, political sources say, and the Prime Minister's Office announced that the premier would be holding a press conference at 20:00 P.M. on the issue. According to estimates, the elections will be held in the end of January or the beginning of February. After pushing the "red line" for Iran to the summer in his UN General Assembly speech, sources close to Netanyahu said his statements meant the elections will be held earlier than planned. This, both in order to force a security-oriented agenda on the rivals' campaigns, and because of Netanyahu's concern over U.S. President Barack Obama's likely reelection and fear of diplomatic retaliation for the Israeli premier's support of Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Once I was thinking that these people are trying to hide their agenda.

But now , they are playing it openly.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i saw this flashing as breaking news in my local news, and for a second i thought "it started".

then i realized it's about the elections, thing is the news here never or barely mention or care for israeli news(i'm not in the us).
so i'm seeing this as introducing a new topic in the viewers minds, seems to me israel is about to be regularly in the news and i'm afraid to know exactly why.

surely netanyahu isn't speeding up the process for peaceful reasons.

this is just to silence the internal strife and political insatisfaction, so that they can use the post election unity feeling to further fuel the war machine.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Bibi is so pathetic lately, even more so than usual which is pretty bad.

And then...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
I think the Iran- Israel War will be almost over by Jan 2013.

I hope there is no war, but all evidence points towards it being inevitable.

top topics

join