It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a secret US war in Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now every body has seen the story of USAID being kicked out of Russia. Russia said USAID was using money to fund political unrest in Russia. They claim every thing from Pussy Riot, womens rights and so on is the work of USAID funding. But something nobody is talking about beside the strange side shows is the exploding weapons depots. They act like it is a little mishap or not very news worthy. But is the US purposely blowing them up to keep old Russian weapons from being sold to Terrorist or used in Proxy Wars?

www.iol.co.za...-Qw

Russian munitions explode

October 9 2012 at 07:22pm
By Anna Smolchenko
Comment on this story

REUTERS
File photo - An unexploded mortar shell.
Moscow - Four thousand tonnes of old munitions blew up at a military site in central Russia on Tuesday, releasing a plume of white smoke into the sky and sending panicked locals fleeing for their lives.

The Donguz military range 30 kilometres (18 miles) south of the city of Orenburg in the Ural mountains region caught fire after the old munitions unexpectedly exploded, the emergency and defence ministries said.

A total of 4 000 tonnes of outdated munitions including 400 tonnes of aerial bombs and more than 1 300 tonnes of shells exploded, a spokeswoman for the chief military investigative directorate, Yevgeniya Maltseva, told AFP.

That is a lot of ammo up in smoke. Enough to run proxy wars by selling or giving away old surplus. But that 4,000 tonnes was not the only one.

The Russian military has a huge stockpile of outdated munitions that are poorly maintained and frequently explode, causing casualties and deaths.

Last July, more than 20,000 people had to be evacuated and dozens were injured when a fire at a munitions depot in the Volga region of Udmurtia triggered a succession of explosions and sent a fireball blazing into the sky.

The regional government said officials were assessing the damage from the blasts in three villages close to the military range as well as in Orenburg.

So is there more to the story of USAID being kicked out of Russia?

www.sptimesrussia.com...

Fifty-seven nonprofits operating in Russia, from human rights watchdogs to HIV/AIDS prevention groups, are set to lose out on millions of dollars in U.S. government grants following the Kremlin’s decision to kick out USAID, which was announced last month.

The Foreign Ministry said USAID used grants to try to influence Russian politics, including elections and civil society institutions.

Like many NGOs, election monitor Golos, whose reports of violations during the State Duma elections in December helped spark massive street protests, has reacted with a mix of defiance and disappointment.

“We will continue monitoring [elections] no matter what,” Golos said in a statement at the time.

edit on 9-10-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just commented on this story in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This idea it's US operations might go in-line with what I said - in the sense that I suggested there is ~something~ else going on with that story. I suggest a "foreign" visitor like the Iraqis or Iranians that are inching closer and close to RU.

In that case though I'd think Mossad was more likely to make the kinetic move - the US still have a bit too much overlap with Russia to show that level of stones right now. -Mags

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

I find it interesting that USAID gets kicked out for playing politics in Russia while ammunition depots start blowing up. Russia does not seem to have another foreign political target at the moment. They seem to think it is the US.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The US has no reason to screw with Russia like you are speculating. We've got the Middle East blowing up on us, China is taking over the world, the war on drugs actually turned into a real 'war' a few hours south of me, gas is at an all time high in California, the GOP is rallying behind a candidate with Swiss bank accounts, Israel is itching to bomb Iran and drag us into a #storm, etc....

Sure, we all think the girls in Pussy Riot got screwed but we're not about to send in secret agents to blow up some outdated munitions depots for some 'strategic' advantage against Syria or Iran or whoever is next.

I'd sooner believe we were buying the outdated munitions to secretly outfit our opposition in order to exacerbate the conflicts.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The United States would not be involved unless they are backing the Chechens. Which wouldn't make much sense.

The separatists operating in the region are pretty much the only viable threat Russia currently has.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmysinger
reply to post by JBA2848

The US has no reason to screw with Russia like you are speculating. We've got the Middle East blowing up on us, China is taking over the world, the war on drugs actually turned into a real 'war' a few hours south of me, gas is at an all time high in California, the GOP is rallying behind a candidate with Swiss bank accounts, Israel is itching to bomb Iran and drag us into a #storm, etc....

I'm sorry, but are you actually implying this is all difficult for the US?

dude, this is all according to plan!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The United States would not be involved unless they are backing the Chechens. Which wouldn't make much sense.

The separatists operating in the region are pretty much the only viable threat Russia currently has.

We backed the Georgians in a direct attack against Ossetia..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That is wrong. We had no involvement in the South Ossietia War.

top topics

join