It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive mushroom cloud in Russia after ‘spontaneous missile explosion’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'll try to do a better job when I start a thread. I'll also work at keeping on topic. I need to get better at showing how things are related when writing replies, it's easy to do when talking to someone because you can see the expression on their face, which is hard to see when writing. It'll take me a while to get used to this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

How many bunkers has the USA built since the sixties for regular people
I don't think they have built one. I remember the bomb drills when I was a kid, our school had a bomb shelter. I guess regular people don't need them anymore, unless they can afford to build their own. Then they are looked upon as a little crazy since nothing can happen to us because we have such a powerful military and great police force and judicial system.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I guess no one remembers Three Mile Island here in the U.S....they lied to us about that too.....

Des

Most of the ATSers weren't even born yet. I was just a young'n and I'm 40+.
I was in Kindergarten or 1st when that happened. I only vaguely remember seeing some kind of skit on SNL with 3-Mile Island, Jimmy Carter, and Coca-Cola, and that was probably several years later during a re-run show.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Chernobyl wasn't announced globally for two or three days.

And while they took their sweet time evacuating 3-mile (and I was much older than Kindergarten), we are supposed to be comfortable with the use of nuclear power for our lights and warmth...

Oh! Plz, let us not forget Japan is an on-going pain for us.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

I guess no one remembers Three Mile Island here in the U.S....they lied to us about that too.....

Des

I was in Kindergarten or 1st when that happened. I only vaguely remember seeing some kind of skit on SNL with 3-Mile Island, Jimmy Carter, and Coca-Cola, and that was probably several years later during a re-run show.

Well...I'll be 62 in a few months...so I remember very well. It was concerning how people who lived in the area were not given the facts of what had happened. The cover-up was dragged out for a long time.

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Des

Well...I'll be 62 in a few months...so I remember very well. It was concerning how people who lived in the area were not given the facts of what had happened. The cover-up was dragged out for a long time.

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I'm on board with the idea that we were lied to. SOP with this government ("of the people, by the people, for the people") of ours. Not sure when the last time was we were given straight answers about anything. There's always an agenda behind the rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart

announcement of a "coming asteroid" or anything coming from space

Have you heard of the asteroid that is about 30-50k miles away from earth that will pass by between today and tomorrow? Maybe Russia overreacted to that or they are taking caution cause the asteroid might pass over the Russian location near earth. (There was a post on this on ATS)

Maybe the explosion was the only way to have people running from a 10 story asteroid? (just my speculation)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but it is clearly not a nuclear explosion. In the video there is only one shock wave from the explosion, if it was a nuclear blast you would get a posative wave shortly followed by a negative wave. There also appears to have been no mention of a flash but the video cannot prove or disprove this as we don't see the explosion from the start.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join